1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello Fellow Mini Drivers!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 08:00 PM
50camden
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Fellow Mini Drivers!

Hi guys,

I have wanted to have a Mini for six years now. And finally, my dreams came true. At the end of this month (may 28 to be exact) I will take ownership of a Mini Cooper Camden. If I got the abbreviations right I will be getting a

10 WS/B MC R56

It is just too beautiful for words to explain. I'm so excited! I'm getting stripes and fog lights installed on them so I will definitely post some pictures up by the end of the month. It's great to see there is a site like this one! Excited to read everyone's comments and suggestions!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:09 PM
It Works
6th Gear
Welcome! The Camdens are awesome! Can't wait to see your pics.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:23 PM
slotibartfast
2nd Gear
I'll be waiting for the pics! Congrats on the Camden. I'll bet you'll be on pins and needles til the 28th. Enjoy your new ride - hope the time flys for you!

Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Can time ever pass fast enough when you are waiting for a new car? Patience, Patience, Patience, hope you have plenty of it.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:50 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Cool!!! especially for picking the Camden... lol.. what made you get the Camden?? For us it was the White Silver paint job.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:53 AM
WannaMini_
6th Gear
I LOVE the look of the Camden, and I have to agree it's the white silver paint that is gorgeous.

Does that mean that it's in production across the pond?

Old 05-06-2010, 06:43 AM
50camden
1st Gear
Originally Posted by VMCMDN
Cool!!! especially for picking the Camden... lol.. what made you get the Camden?? For us it was the White Silver paint job.
Definitely the paint job! It's gorgeous! The blackened lights, the elegant interior, and of course, the fact that its a special edition .

Days are so long nowadays... lol

Old 05-06-2010, 06:46 AM
50camden
1st Gear
Originally Posted by WannaMini_
I LOVE the look of the Camden, and I have to agree it's the white silver paint that is gorgeous.

Does that mean that it's in production across the pond?

The last batch of camdens and mayfairs will be in late July as I was told by the sales rep.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:55 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats!!! You made a great choice IMHO!

I should be picking up my S Camden tonight, or tomorrow night... Hopefully!!! Returned my previous car last night (VW Rabbit), so I'm now a pedestrian! (OK, not quite, driving my mom's X3). But I can't wait to be motoring in my new MINI! Was really lucky that my dealer agreed to offset the last 2 months of my current lease and found an S Camden in another city for me. So the wait will have been short! But enough about me...

What kind of stripes are you getting? Color? Hopefully your wait will go by swiftly!

Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 AM
onetigerlsu
6th Gear
Sweet i saw one at my dealership a month ago and it looked good . Congrats on your new ride ! Try not to smile too big !
El Tiger

Old 05-06-2010, 05:42 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
The Camdens are really nice. Congrats on what will soon be your new ride.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:41 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 50camden
Hi guys,

I have wanted to have a Mini for six years now. And finally, my dreams came true. At the end of this month (may 28 to be exact) I will take ownership of a Mini Cooper Camden. If I got the abbreviations right I will be getting a

10 WS/B MC R56

It is just too beautiful for words to explain. I'm so excited! I'm getting stripes and fog lights installed on them so I will definitely post some pictures up by the end of the month. It's great to see there is a site like this one! Excited to read everyone's comments and suggestions!

You mean rear fog lights?...good choice I went with those as well.

You might also want to think about adding black driving lights on the front at some point...I did at the last minute...and although expensive...I'm glad that I did...I really like the look.

I'm curious what kind of stripe you went with as well?

Old 05-07-2010, 01:17 PM
50camden
1st Gear
Originally Posted by scottmd
You mean rear fog lights?...good choice I went with those as well.

You might also want to think about adding black driving lights on the front at some point...I did at the last minute...and although expensive...I'm glad that I did...I really like the look.

I'm curious what kind of stripe you went with as well?

By black driving lights do you mean the rally style lights that go on the grill? If so, how much were they? I would be really interested in getting them on. I love the look of them.

I want to go with stripes like this car right here. I'm still looking for other styles so if you have one in mind that would look awesome let me know! I still have one week till i have to tell Mini which stripes Im gonna go for.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:29 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 50camden
By black driving lights do you mean the rally style lights that go on the grill? If so, how much were they? I would be really interested in getting them on. I love the look of them.

I want to go with stripes like this car right here. I'm still looking for other styles so if you have one in mind that would look awesome let me know! I still have one week till i have to tell Mini which stripes Im gonna go for.

Yes the rally lights that mount on the grill...the MSRP through the dealer is $750...but you can also always negotiate. There are also several aftermarket options that are significantly cheaper...I just didn't want to hassle and wanted them put on right away before I picked up.

Those look like nice stripes...I would definitely go with the sport stripes like those. I actually posted a link over in this thread to a video that showed some silver/grey stripes that I liked:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...rs-club-5.html

Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 PM
50camden
1st Gear
Yeah i saw those stripes too! I like those two, im kinda torn between them. As for the lights, im the same as you. I dont want the hassle and i want the car to have them as soon as I pick it up. So ill go for them. Thanks for letting me know the price, now I can save up over the next two weeks!

Ill post some pics when i get the car and ill let you know

Old 05-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Emann
2nd Gear
Congrats! Saw one of these at the dealership and it looked great. I loved the interior bits.