1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from NC

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Slartibartfast
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from NC

After about a week of lurking as guest, I decided I really needed to join this fine community. Here's my situation. I sold my last real sports car in 1987 pending the birth of my daughter...needed a family friendly car. Well that same daughter turned out to be quite gifted academically and I promised to send her to any university of her choice. I kept that promise (she chose Wake Forest) and that has kept me pretty much in debt! Well she just graduated and has started her career so my wife and I are ready to be able to start enjoying things again. We are very debt conscious, and so will probably not be making a purchase for at least a year, but I cannot wait that long and will have to live vicariously through you current owners.

I have spent way to many hours researching cars! What has lead me to the MINI and has me convinced it will be my next car? How many cars are currently available that boast both performance and fuel economy while at the same time sporting good looks? So many car designers out there just copying each other...boring! I don't want to drive an also-ran.

Anywho, my primary purpose for joining is to start asking questions and getting to know you all. I am interested in the upcoming 2011 and have been keen to read the updates on motring file. My timing also puts me in place for a look at the '12s and the upcoming R58/R59s and that is exciting!

The enthusiasm I have felt here so far is awesome! If only we could tap that as an energy source!

Old 07-16-2010, 05:17 AM
ACallahan
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the Madness !!

Old 07-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Guitarfrk75
3rd Gear
You have a multitude of choices and just about every option can be had individually or as part of a package. Start looking at them now, it takes at least a year to narrow down the list!!

I also don't think I've ever seen two MINIs that look exactly alike... although I did pass another BRG without the stripes the other day...

Get involved, have fun and welcome!

Old 07-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Aquasar
6th Gear
Once you get a MINI you will be hooked on the Madness!

Old 07-16-2010, 06:03 AM
Aquasar
6th Gear
Also check out the club forum and look for M2C2,club is based out of Charlotte.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:29 AM
jtbrown
3rd Gear
Drink the Kool Aid! Join the Cult of Mini!

Old 07-16-2010, 06:49 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcomr

Old 07-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Slartibartfast
2nd Gear
Thanks folks! Already sipping the kool aid I guess...been thinking about dropping by Kendrick and taking a test drive, but then it will be all over I am sure. Was not aware of the Charlotte club, thanks for that.
Should of mentioned, my current ride is an '01 Silverado. Moving to a MINI will be culture shock for sure in terms of weight, fuel economy, and the old, almost forgotten feeling of g-forces!
I have been spending quite a bit of time in the configurator and reading here online. I tend to load up on options, but in the case of these MINIs that can really start to hurt in the wallet. I am enjoying the multitude of options and can't wait for the new configurator...due next month if I have heard correctly.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Tmini08
5th Gear
Welcome to NAM and the madness that is mini. Good choice considering a mini, feel free to ask question here. Since you are a NC local you may want to visit http://www.tarheelminis.org/. Great bunch of people here who know their minis and have fun driving them. Good luck on your future purchase and I hope to see around. Motor on.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:38 PM
blitzcat
2nd Gear
You should check out the MINI owners in your home state
http://www.tarheelminis.org

Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello from Asheville!

I purchased my Clubman from Hendrick and have been pleased with their service. Good luck with your search!

Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Welcome, when your ready let us know, we work with our local dealer MINI of South Atlanta to get customers a Way Motor Works Discount.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome to the forum, congratulations if you have the patience to wait for the 2012, I couldn't do that.