1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has Anyone Received this Summer's Free Option Credit on A Purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:30 PM
chrisinbaltimore
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has Anyone Received this Summer's Free Option Credit on A Purchase?

I just heard that my 2010 Clubman should be ready by the end of the week and as I ordered in June I was not sure if the option credit was going to be extended in order for me to take advantage or not. Because of this, I did not iron out the details when signing and was just hoping for the bonus $$.

Luckily the free option credit has been extended BUT my MA just told me that the discount is taken at COST, not RETAIL. When I ordered I added the premium package at $1750 and now I am only getting a $1570 discount. Not sure how this equates to a FREE option? Is this the same deal everyone else is getting??

I know it seems petty to argue over $175, but it just does not seem right.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:47 PM
HRM
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you are paying list price, it isn't right. If you have a big discount it is. The middle is a toss-up.

You will see a discount on the window sticker for the full price likely though.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:55 PM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisinbaltimore
I just heard that my 2010 Clubman should be ready by the end of the week and as I ordered in June I was not sure if the option credit was going to be extended in order for me to take advantage or not. Because of this, I did not iron out the details when signing and was just hoping for the bonus $$.

Luckily the free option credit has been extended BUT my MA just told me that the discount is taken at COST, not RETAIL. When I ordered I added the premium package at $1750 and now I am only getting a $1570 discount. Not sure how this equates to a FREE option? Is this the same deal everyone else is getting??

I know it seems petty to argue over $175, but it just does not seem right.
I was told the same thing when I placed my order.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM
Reebus
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just went through the same thing. Bought a 2010 Clubman S and I was told that it would be the cost instead of the retail value also. We went back-and-forth about this for a while. Keep in mind that I was getting a "clearance" discount from the dealer that was signifigantly more than just the credit, so it made it real hard to tell that I got the entire $1750.00 credit. I walked away happy, hope you do too.