1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member needs advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:49 AM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
I have the standard leatherette seats. They grip my butt better than any of my other cars and they are very comfortable. I have no experience with the sport seats, but I can't imagine much more improvement.

The Bluetooth is really cool too.

Dave

Old 07-23-2010, 12:00 PM
scoobs
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering

I believe people driving in snow will tell u that special snow tires are necessary...I have all season radials and still could not get out of my driveway....and it is on a very small incline. I was almost killed several years ago when I was with the run-flats....no traction. Given the weight of this vehicle...it is not a good snow machine. When it snows, I take my jeep. Moral of story: If around snow, have two vehicles!

Old 07-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the sport seats in both, one leatherette, one lounge leather. Both support/grip well but I think just for the sake of maintenance I will be getting the leatherette in my next MINI.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Suzanne's Chili Red S
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MarisMini
That's encouraging! I just don't want to miss any of the fun of the Mini after driving a van for so long!
If you've been driving a van, the auto will definitely feel like quite an upgrade. Very quick, positive shifts in sport mode. Good luck!

Old 07-23-2010, 01:24 PM
berto
3rd Gear
Colorado snow is different than east coast snow, it has way less moisture content in winter, Early fall and spring snows have a greater water content with greater potential to 'ice up'. with that in mind, I have had no problems in Colorado Winter snow with all season run flats on my Mini. But as you, I have a 4-runner that I use for the bad storms. I have not felt the need to get snow tires for the Mini. Remember that 90% of the time, the roads are clear by the afternoon when the sun comes out and solar melting takes over.

I don't like black wheels on anything, to me they always look dirty but that is just my opinion. When I ordered mine, I went with the Crown Spoke Alloys as they looked closest to the original mini-lites that were on the classic Mini's. But you can guess that I am a classic British Car collector.

The Cloth / leather seats also have the adjustable Lumbar support but if you go with the full leather you will get it.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:01 PM
MarisMini
1st Gear
I will look at the Crown Spoke! Nothing is set in stone yet. Thanks for the snow advisory! Few people from other parts of the country can fathom Front range winters. We are lucky people! A friend of mine drives one to work and said she has minimal difficulty but has a 4 wheel drive backup for our Denver Occaisional hum dingers!

Old 07-23-2010, 10:18 PM
MCSfanboy
4th Gear
I'd go for the six speed anyday. The Getrag is a great transmission. Test drive both versions and then make up your mind on which transmission better suites your needs. Know your lifestyle. I don't drive while talking on the phone (handheld), texting, eating or sleeping. Leave the flappy paddles for those who need them. Shift it - gets it. JMHO

Old 07-23-2010, 11:41 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Well is that enough suggestions? I would think so.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:49 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by amberback

Do yourself a favor, and don't get red. Everyone has red cars. I see more red MINIs than any other color around here. Be different.
Well to each his own. But I have to tell you that red cars have a proven higher resale than any other color. I would take a red car over any other color quite frankly.

Pat

Old 07-25-2010, 05:06 AM
michmini
1st Gear
There were only two inventoried black MCS w/manual transmission in the entire country last week, so I guess black is not a favorite color.

I have the HK sound system and it's awesome. If you're the type to blast your sound, this is the system for you. Not too much distortion at the higher volumes.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:45 AM
R56 Wi MINI
3rd Gear
Cloth seats!!! They are not hot in the summer and they are not cold in the winter like leather.

H/K sound system, bluetooth phone, and if I was buying a new MINI I would go with British Racing Green/White roof/White bonnet stripes.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:47 AM
R56 Wi MINI
3rd Gear
I forgot xenons. I don't think I could go back to a car without xenons.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 AM
michmini
1st Gear
iff'n ya get the cold weather package ya don't have to worry about a cold butt. Just sayin... my car came with the fake leather and it's ok. Not hot.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:30 AM
berto
3rd Gear
You also might want to scroll down to the 5280 site in the clubs section below. That is the Colorado club so you should be able to get a lot of 'Colorado Advice'

Old 07-26-2010, 06:13 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R56 Wi MINI
I forgot xenons. I don't think I could go back to a car without xenons.
Agreed!! They are a MUST HAVE.