1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05miniman60

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 10:49 AM
tcbraden
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05miniman60

Hi, all. First post! I have an 05 "S" and just changed the stock exhaust, pretty much shot, by the way) for an Invidia N1 cat back system. I recently did a K&N CAI upgrade and went to iridium plugs and MSD coil change. The changes all went well and got me where I thought I ought to be, performance wise, but after about a week out from the exhaust change, I got a "service engine soon" light. My guess is the N1 change tipped the ecu over. Anyone have this problem with the Invidia N1, and any ideas about getting the light out? I can live with it, but here in NE Ohio, we have to get emission check now and then and this will keep me from passing.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:03 AM
JustinGTP
5th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello!

An 05 S! Cool. So many of these popping up.

I would suggest getting the code scanned. It will tell you the exact problem. It might not even be to do with your exhaust. Otherwise, 02 sensor could be reading a diff level, did you remove the cat?

Justin.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:40 AM
tcbraden
Neutral
service engine light

Naw, I left the cat intact, because I know I have to get through the emission check. The car has 111K miles, so it's very possible that the O2 sensor is just ready for a change. I'm gonna check with local AutoZone to see if they can read the code for me. Thanks.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:24 AM
BensMini
6th Gear
Good idea get the code checked, O2 could well be the problem.