1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm new! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Toni4Loans
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm new! Help!

Hi my name is Toni, I'm interested in buying a 2010 mini with the premium package, convenience package, and cold weather package. Anyone has any experience on what I should expect to pay? I'm in California. Thanks,

Old 07-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Bullenbeisser
1st Gear
Hi Toni!

I don't know the price but do know you can "build" A Mini online to see. I also know most people that buy any type of package don't regret it, and it usually helps sell the car when you - eventually - do.

We live near Sacramento and just bought a Mini convertible and my first thought when I saw the two-temp heated seat was that I'd never use those.
Wrong! We took a day trip into San Francisco yesterday and my wife and I were both LOVING the heated seats. Also had pleasant surprise with how it relaxed my lower back and helped with some ongoing discomfort there. Bonus!

Good luck!

Old 07-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Toni4Loans
Neutral
thanks, good to know, we do need heated seats in the bay area.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:03 AM
jtbrown
3rd Gear
Generally speaking, if you are ordering a MINI, you can expect to play close to list MSRP; if you have more than one MINI dealer in the area, check with them all and see if any of them might cut you some sort of a deal.

If you can find one you like in dealer stock, you have a better chance for getting a deal of some sort. It's getting close to the end of the model year so that can help a bit more with getting a break on the price. I don't know if CA is much different, but when I was shopping MINIs in May here in NJ, the vast majority of the dealer stock was either bare bones or had some combination of the options packages you are looking for. They had made me an excellent offer on one (close to 2k under list) but I didn't go for it... was still missing a few things I wanted and I didn't really want to be paying (even at a discount) for several options I definitely did not want.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:08 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Toni!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome to the forum, go to www.MINIusa.com and build your MINI the way you want, then hit the dealers with your printout. MSRP less a $1000 or $2000 will be good deal. The more dealers the better, don't ignore LA area, Portland or Vegas, cheap flights and nice breakin drive home.