1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello From Fordgearheads

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010 | 04:35 PM
Fordgearheads
|
Neutral
Hello From Fordgearheads

Hi,
I just purchased a 2006 Mini S and I love it I have some questions about the oil pressure and the dealer will not return any of my calls after 6 tryes can anyone help?
Thanks benny

Old 07-28-2010 | 12:30 AM
BensMini
6th Gear
Why don't you pay them a visit? Hard to ignore you when you are standing there.

Old 07-28-2010 | 04:09 AM
Fordgearheads
|
Neutral
reply fordgearheads

Thats true they may not be able to ignor me or send me away so easly but they are so far from me there arent so many Mini dealers around and the BMW dealers dont service them.
Fordgearheads

Old 07-28-2010 | 04:37 AM
Guitarfrk75
3rd Gear
What are your questions about the oil pressure?

If you post them I'm sure someone on here will know...

::welcome::

Old 07-28-2010 | 07:31 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Yep, post your questions. Someone should be able to help you. You may want to post it in that specific forum so that more people see it.

Good luck, and...

Old 07-28-2010 | 07:44 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Is your question here about oil pressure or how to get your MINI dealer to answer your call?

I cannot understand a dealer that doesn't return phone calls.......

Old 07-28-2010 | 07:48 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Just ask!!
Lots of MINI owners can answer your question, Based upon many miles/years of motoring experience!!

Old 07-28-2010 | 02:14 PM
Fordgearheads
|
Neutral
oil pressure question

well the dealer who will not answer my question is OTTOS MINI in PA. and my question is both how to get a dealer to answer questions on the phone and the low pressure question.I did get some feedback and someone said the Minis have a low pressure at hot idel I would like someone that knows what the dealers service book reads. Or even a computer software program I have a hotrod shop but dont need the software for the new vehicles.

Thanks Benny

Old 07-28-2010 | 03:15 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Not sure where the "hot idle low preasure" line comes from...
I have the chrono pack (working guages), and my car has fine hot idling oilmpreassure...sure it is lower when the car idles, hot or cold, but nothing worrisome. Some folks do use crappy oil filters, or install them upside down...and will have an idle oil preasure problem....but from user error.
Many folks are just not familar with the non-canister oil filters.....

Old 07-28-2010 | 04:09 PM
Fordgearheads
|
Neutral
oil pressure

Zippy,

I also have the chrono package so tell me exactly where is the indacator on your gauge when hot idling ? Mine is between 0 and the first line that is about 10 lbs pressure.
Thanks Benny

Old 07-29-2010 | 07:24 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Fordgearheads
Zippy,

I also have the chrono package so tell me exactly where is the indacator on your gauge when hot idling ? Mine is between 0 and the first line that is about 10 lbs pressure.
Thanks Benny
Sounds just about right...usually 2/3 of the way to the first line.....
I think so many people freak out about it going up+down with engine RPM, the dealers get kinda numb about answering questions from folks....that is why most manufactures seem to be going to gauges, that always stay in the middle....looks good, but is just as useless as an idiot light!
I was surprised at first at the oil pressures in my S, but I was assured, and have seen others with aftermarket gauges, that are the same (more or less, depending on where they tapped the line).

On the MINI the oil pressure does seem low...but lots of effort was made in trying to get just the right amount of oil pumped to the right spots....there is also lots of extra oil jets on the S internally compared to the S.
One of the reasons they limited oil flow/volume was to try to increase efficiency....heck, the newer motors are switching over to variable volume pumps, that pump just what is need based up info from the computer...
having spent lots of time with Honda's etc, the low # still is an eye opener for me, but that's the way they run.....well matained, they seem to be pretty relilalible internaly...a well build, cast iron block, with a good bottom end...Kinda old school!!