1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conundrum no more!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Soulgrenade
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conundrum no more!

Today I brought home my first Mini! I pulled the trigger finally! Many thanks to everyone's input in my first post of indecisiveness. As I was at the dealership ready to sign the papers a tornado hit not three miles away; I took it as a good sign that it was meant to be and went ahead with it. My 2010 BRG/Blk MC is just about the hottest thing since sunburn by my reckoning and I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve who wants to go to bed early just so tomorrow will come that much faster so I can drive it again. Very happy there's a NAM for all my research and development phase and thanks again to all the helpful folks out there. Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails Conundrum no more!-1680945601-1-.jpg  
Old 08-21-2010, 01:36 AM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome to the forum, good looking MINI, congrats.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:49 AM
MI MINI S
3rd Gear
Have fun bonding with your MINI. How long will it be until your first mod?

Old 08-21-2010, 06:32 AM
Soulgrenade
1st Gear
Well I'm getting an armrest put in next week and I'm already thinking about getting the invisishield put on after my g/f pointed out the collection of stone chips on her VW Rabbit that's collected after a year or so. Not sure if those count as mods or not...

Old 08-21-2010, 10:43 PM
MCSfanboy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Soulgrenade
I'm already thinking about getting the invisishield put on after my g/f pointed out the collection of stone chips on her VW Rabbit that's collected after a year or so. Not sure if those count as mods or not...
Welcome to the asylum for miniacs ! I had a 3M Clear Bra put on my MCS after I had the front end repainted. There's a lot of paint in the front of the MINI that is easily damaged, so I think some sort of protection is well worth it IMO.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:34 AM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
With a user name like soulgrenade, I can see why a tornado touching down would be considered a sign for ya . It would be a sign for me alright, an exit sign .

Welcome to the club, and let the modding begin !

Old 08-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Soulgrenade
1st Gear
Thanks all! Day four of official Mini madness and I'm already planning a road trip and poring over maps to find the road less traveled and longer routes! Can't wait!
Funny- when I was hemming and hawing over my purchase I saw a Mini every day on the road - now that I own one I haven't seen any. Weird eh? Then again, metro Detroit isn't a huge market for small foreign cars.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:53 PM
MCSfanboy
4th Gear
Funny- when I was hemming and hawing over my purchase I saw a Mini every day on the road - now that I own one I haven't seen any. Weird eh? Then again, metro Detroit isn't a huge market for small foreign cars.
That happens when you drive a fairly uncommon car, no matter what it is. Some days I'll see 4-5 Minis just minutes from each other; other days I won't see one, and I live in an area where they are somewhat popular.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:29 PM
silhouette88
5th Gear
Well I'm getting an armrest put in next week and I'm already thinking about getting the invisishield put on after my g/f pointed out the collection of stone chips on her VW Rabbit that's collected after a year or so. Not sure if those count as mods or not...
Congrats! Sure, those count as mods. It usually starts with some accessories you see at the dealership. Then when you spend hours and hours on NAM you'll see some really cool MINIs and start getting ideas for other mods. Then you'll progress to where you want to try something nobody has done before. You'll show it off, others will get ideas, etc. It's a virtuous circle. Sure you'll drop a lot of money but you're not going to care. Welcome to the madness!