1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Tony's
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New here!

Hey guys I just bought me a 2005 mini cooper automatic with 74000 miles and I love it am glad I bought it and want to be able to keep it up in good shape and thats one of the reasons I have subscribe to this forum I have read alot of good stuff and want to learn more . I will appreciate any info and advice . Any tips in what I need to look at or check, the previous owner did not provide me with any service records so I don't have any idea of what I need to check or have done. Also I have noticed a noise that seems to come from the back of the dash but obviously from the engine it sounds like water boiling or some thing like it ,its not overheating and just want to know if thats normal. Thanks to all who may take the time to read this.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:35 AM
BensMini
6th Gear
Hi Tony, welcome to the forum, keep your eye on that autotransmission if your MINI is a base or "justa". The CVT auto can have problems. Not a problem if it is an S.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:04 PM
onetigerlsu
6th Gear
Welcome and happy motoring !

EL Tiger

Old 08-24-2010, 06:30 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Hey Tony, good to have you aboard! Have a blast in your MINI and be sure to fill us in on your adventures!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:01 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello! Post some pics if you get a chance!