1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awaiting Countryman

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Awaiting Countryman

My wife and I are anxiously awaiting the NA release od the new Mini Countryman. This will replace our Audi Q7 which is a behemoth and way more vehicle than we need. Very excited about the Countryman and hope to score one of the first special orders available.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:07 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am sure there a line too.. good luck..

btw, Q5 is a nice choice too

Old 08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I have configured a few different Countryman on the MINI UK site. I'm trying to get her to give up her Lexus for one but we'll see. I'm a regular in the MINI USA Owner's Lounge and my buddy in there, "Eeyore", put a deposit down with MINI of Loveland while we were at MINI Takes the States. I'm sure you have seem numerous images of them but if not enough, click on the link in my signature for more.
Also, here is the link for the UK Countryman configurator: http://www.mini.co.uk/html/ecom/ecom...tryman_gallery

Last edited by ftttuhzbmcs; 08-24-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:59 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Congrats! Be sure to post pics once you take it home!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ngweibing
i am sure there a line too.. good luck..

btw, Q5 is a nice choice too
The Q5 was going to be the de facto replacement for the Q7 but we have come to the conclusion that the Countryman is moe unique, more fun, more practical and more cost effective than the Q5.

The Q5 would lease for about 75% of the Q7 and the Countryman should come in around 50%.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ftttubrgcm
My wife and I have configured a few different Countryman on the MINI UK site. I'm trying to get her to give up her Lexus for one but we'll see. I'm a regular in the MINI USA Owner's Lounge and my buddy in there, "Eeyore", put a deposit down with MINI of Loveland while we were at MINI Takes the States. I'm sure you have seem numerous images of them but if not enough, click on the link in my signature for more.
Also, here is the link for the UK Countryman configurator: http://www.mini.co.uk/html/ecom/ecom...tryman_gallery
Thanks for the link. We have scoured the Internet and have seen tons of pix and videos. Also played with the UK configurator too. Spoke with local dealer who thinks that all new colors will be available. I'm really hoping that BRG is still an option.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:34 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
The Q5 was going to be the de facto replacement for the Q7 but we have come to the conclusion that the Countryman is moe unique, more fun, more practical and more cost effective than the Q5.

The Q5 would lease for about 75% of the Q7 and the Countryman should come in around 50%.
that make sense...

Old 08-24-2010, 09:39 PM
silhouette88
5th Gear
Yeah, looking forward to the pics. When I first saw the Countryman I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. But the more I saw pics of it, and then the videos, the more I liked them. I haven't seen one in person yet, but when they start stocking them in the lots I'd love to take one for a spin. The wait must be agonizing for ya!

Old 08-24-2010, 09:41 PM
MCSfanboy
4th Gear
I looked at the Countryman in some detail at MTTS Denver. Most of what I saw exuded with MINI coolness, which I believe will make this rather unique vehicle the most popular Mini in the US. The All4 S version was sporty, and the size of the vehicle seemed just right for daily chores. My only concern will be acceleration with the 1.6L motor, but the published stats look pretty good. Fortunately the Countryman will get MINI's new engine that produces more torque and power over the previous engine.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:04 AM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome to the forum, saw the Countryman here in SLC and was impressed, if I needed the room would be joining the line but the HT is big enough for me.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:06 AM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
MB, Eeyore(from MINI USA's Owner's Lounge) and I were speaking with Gert Hildebrand and he said there were 12 Countryman colors, if I remember correctly. Since he is the head of MINI design, I hope that means there are that many for the US market alone, and not just the total for the entire market. I was wondering why the UK site had so few colors. Also, the Dawkin's, owners of MINI of Loveland said that it may be possible that they will start receiving some Countryman as early as December just f.y.i.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:53 AM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
I just saw on MINI USA site that the Countryman is coming January 2011!! I can't wait to see some of them on the forum, it's gonna be much different than seeing them in person at MTTS because those were there just for show.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ftttubrgcm
MB, Eeyore(from MINI USA's Owner's Lounge) and I were speaking with Gert Hildebrand and he said there were 12 Countryman colors, if I remember correctly. Since he is the head of MINI design, I hope that means there are that many for the US market alone, and not just the total for the entire market. I was wondering why the UK site had so few colors. Also, the Dawkin's, owners of MINI of Loveland said that it may be possible that they will start receiving some Countryman as early as December just f.y.i.
Thanks for all the responses. What a great forum!

My dealer, MINI of the Main Line, said that they were going to Austin in Sept for training on the Countryman and that the dealership should get 1 or 2 cars in November for test driving and such. We're told that we are #4 on their list and they believe their initial allocation will be around 7 cars some of which will be launch vehicles spec'd out by MINIUSA.

Keeping fingers crossed that the sun and moon and stars align so that we can get our preferred configuration (Countryman S, ALL4, manual trans, leather, HK sound, etc.) early in 2011. Our Q7 lease expires early December but we can make do with our other vehicles for a couple of months if necessary.

Anxious for pricing and order guide to become available.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by VMCMDN
I just saw on MINI USA site that the Countryman is coming January 2011!! I can't wait to see some of them on the forum, it's gonna be much different than seeing them in person at MTTS because those were there just for show.
Thanks for the heads up! That's a great sign that cars will arrive in January, perhaps sooner. IIRC, the Clubman arrived a month earlier than anticipated.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by VMCMDN
Thanks for the tip! Gives me reason to believe that January delivery is fairly achievable.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 08-25-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Double post: sorry
Old 08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
ronnie948
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Orlando dealer had a Countryman party.

My dealer in Orlando had an introduction party with plenty of food and beverages to introduce the new countryman they had on display. I have to say that I really liked the fact that it still looks like a Mini Cooper and is not much larger on the outside then a clubman.

My dog Mario liked it because the BMW engineers were smart enough to let the rear window roll down.

I think that Mini has a winner with this car.

-------------2011 Mini Cooper Countryman---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mario is the guy with the big ears on the right. He sure loves going on Mini Rides but hates the rear windows on my JCW don't go down so he can stick his head out.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:42 PM
praecurvo
3rd Gear
This is going to be the major next big thing in Xovers, especially when the Hybrid is introduced.
aaron

Old 08-26-2010, 09:01 AM
eeyore
3rd Gear
Oh, I really, really hope the back window rolls down............it didn't on the demo models that they had at MTTS in Denver.

I found this on MotoringFile as to the colors that are supposed to be available.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2010/02/...lors-revealed/

We saw the Black, Royal Grey, True Blue, Red, Coffee and White at MITM/ MTTS.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:01 AM
ronnie948
6th Gear
YES_YES_YES_YES they do !!!!

The Rear windows "do" roll down. That is the very first thing I checked out on the display one they had in Orlando. My dog Mario already stuck his head out of a rear window. That is the first thing he checked out too. I really like it. I'm probably going to trade if they come out with a JCW or WRC model. Someone is already creating a World Rally Championship car out of the Countryman. I'm betting that Mini will come out with a special high performance "WRC" model in a couple of years when I'm ready to trade. Mario wants one sooner.

Mario checked out the whole car.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:49 AM
eeyore
3rd Gear
Mario is one smart cookie!!!! I plan to get the JCW installed after it arrives to the dealer.

I am sooooo happy the rear window rolls down, I was really concerned about that!

Old 08-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ronnie948
The Rear windows "do" roll down. That is the very first thing I checked out on the display one they had in Orlando. My dog Mario already stuck his head out of a rear window. That is the first thing he checked out too. I really like it. I'm probably going to trade if they come out with a JCW or WRC model. Someone is already creating a World Rally Championship car out of the Countryman. I'm betting that Mini will come out with a special high performance "WRC" model in a couple of years when I'm ready to trade. Mario wants one sooner.

Mario checked out the whole car.
Looks like Mario had a few licks of the leather too. Tasty?

Old 08-27-2010, 07:22 AM
eeyore
3rd Gear
Uh-oh...........I just figured out you are saying the rear passenger windows roll down.

My question, does the window on the back hatch/ lift gate (whatever it is called) roll down?

Old 08-27-2010, 07:24 AM
ronnie948
6th Gear
No, He never licked the seats or anyting.

He was full of Vegi-Burgers because the dealer provided food and beverages for this introduction party. He sure was all over that car checking it out. The Orlando dealer is very "DOG FRIENDLY" They all know Mario and he has been over there four or five times and always behaves his self.

He loves going for a "MINI RIDE" in my JCW. He does have his own seat.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:29 AM
ronnie948
6th Gear
The window on the Hatch does not roll down.

The rear side windows do roll down but the window on the hatch does not. It would be a nice option though. Are you listning BMW??? Even a Flip out would be nice.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
My wife and I are are in Toronto for a weekend getaway and happened upon the Mini Invasion event in the city yesterday. We couldn't believe the coincidence that the one weekend we are in Toronto is the one weekend that Mini is having an event and showing the Countryman!

We had to convince the Mini organizers to let us attend so we could see the Countryman. So we went last night and took tons of pix of the two Countryman models they had there. One was a base model and the other a heavily optioned S All4 with many aerokit parts. Both models were preproduction. Will post pix Tuesday when we return home to Philly area.

Having seen the Countryman in person we are even more excited and anxious to get ours. The car is stunning!

Thanks Mini Canada! We will be placing our order for a Countryman S All4 as soon as our dealer in Philly gives us the go ahead.

Quick Reply: Awaiting Countryman