1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 02:06 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh yes, I just checked with 1866 ASKMINI, and according to them, Lil Guy is still sitting on the dock in Southampton awaiting scheduling for his boat ride. When the truth is, at least I hope, that he is stitting on the dock in Baltimore. Soon to get his inspection and get on a Car Carrier and travel to Illinois, where he can get another inspection and come home to Iowa.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:16 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Oh yes, I just checked with 1866 ASKMINI, and according to them, Lil Guy is still sitting on the dock in Southampton awaiting scheduling for his boat ride. When the truth is, at least I hope, that he is stitting on the dock in Baltimore. Soon to get his inspection and get on a Car Carrier and travel to Illinois, where he can get another inspection and come home to Iowa.

Do you know about how long it usually takes from arrival at dock to dealer??

Old 10-20-2010, 04:56 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
According to my dealer, its 4 to 10 days. According to people that have actually received their cars, like wahoo_shoe, within five days, she was driving her car. I think that her car came in on a Wednesday and she received it on Saturday in the rain. Her dealer was Sterling Mini, I believe, which is right in the DC area, about the same distance from Baltimore as your dealer, it seems is.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:26 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
It's almost in your hands!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:26 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Mines somewhere off the coast of baja...

Old 10-21-2010, 06:49 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Well, I suppose that Lil Guy is in the Vehicle Distribution Center at Baltimore. Never did see the Fedora at the dock, but now it is on its way to Savannah so unless they will unload him there, it should be in Baltimore. Mini Lounge, also says that he is at the VDC so I think that I can relax a little. Now, getting it to the Chicagoland Area.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Orm
2nd Gear
Hemi: What is your expected delivery date at OL's order details? "Mine" arrived two days after the said date, on Monday.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:40 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
I finally looked at that they say that the Delivery Date is: October 24th. Like that's going to happen. There might be a possibility of arriving at the dealers on that date, but never for my receiving it. I'm guessing next week sometime, not on Sunday, of course most dealers aren't open on Sunday anyway. I'm rather hoping for the 28th or 29th.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:22 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
WOW thats close! Very exciting. Just having it on land must be anticipatory...

Old 10-21-2010, 09:27 AM
BGR Alex
2nd Gear
Estimated delivery date of 10/25.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:31 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Delivery Date.

Originally Posted by BGR Alex
Estimated delivery date of 10/25.
Hey Alex, how come Lil Guy beats you to the dealers? Our guys were Stateroom mates, and now mine gets to Chicago ahead of yours. Oh I forgot, you get stripes, and I don't. Bet both of them are later in the week though. They said Lil Guy would be delivered on Sunday. I wonder if their delivery dates are for delivery to the dealers, rather than to us. At least this fun time is ending.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:29 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hemi - congrats on your car being soooo close! I'm envious!

For the first time in two weeks of checking online and calling ASKMINI, I finally have an update!!! I am scheduled for week 44 production. Awe man - I'm not going to see my new car until December for sure. sniff sniff

Anyone else scheduled for week 44?

Old 10-21-2010, 11:42 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Week 44 is next week. Lil Guy was built in week 40 which was the first week of the month, so go figure on its arrival from that. A good rule of thumb is: Delivery is 4 weeks, give or take, from time of birth. So, probably five weeks from now. Last week of November or first week of December. Doesn't sound so bad now, right?

Yes, I'm anxious. In many ways, it seems like this has been going on forever, but now that the end, or delivery, is in sight, it's almost scary, no it is scary.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:21 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Is time of birth when the car begins assembly or when assembly is complete?

btw Hemi - I used to live over in Marion IA for about two years. You are going to have a ball with your JCW with all the rural roads out there. I went to an indoor electric go-kart place in West Des Moines once - now I'll have my very own go-kart next month (with any luck).

Old 10-21-2010, 12:39 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Eastern Iowa

Originally Posted by squonk
Is time of birth when the car begins assembly or when assembly is complete?

btw Hemi - I used to live over in Marion IA for about two years. You are going to have a ball with your JCW with all the rural roads out there. I went to an indoor electric go-kart place in West Des Moines once - now I'll have my very own go-kart next month (with any luck).
How did you get from Eastern Iowa to Georgia? Another story, another time. I lived in Cedar Rapids for over 15 years, coached Babe Ruth Baseball, the whole bit. Involved with streetrods, the car thing, now it's time for another kind of car, go-kart-car. There are some roads that are neat for Mini's in that area, but it's Wisconsin that has those. In Southern Minnesota are some interesting roads, too. I think that no matter what the roads, you can have a blast with a Mini, no matter which model you choose. Yup, the Little JCW and I will be discovering many new roads to travel, with Olga as my co-pilot.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:41 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
OH yes, forgot, the birthdate is the day that it ready to be shipped.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:01 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
How did you get from Eastern Iowa to Georgia? Another story, another time. I lived in Cedar Rapids for over 15 years, coached Babe Ruth Baseball, the whole bit. Involved with streetrods, the car thing, now it's time for another kind of car, go-kart-car. There are some roads that are neat for Mini's in that area, but it's Wisconsin that has those. In Southern Minnesota are some interesting roads, too. I think that no matter what the roads, you can have a blast with a Mini, no matter which model you choose. Yup, the Little JCW and I will be discovering many new roads to travel, with Olga as my co-pilot.
I'm originally from the Milwaukee area and lived along the Mississippi in So MN and WI before my two years in IA. LOTS of great roads out there. My job brought me to Georgia. And the North GA mountains are most excellent for driving. And I'm so so close to the Tail of the Dragon too. Never made it up there in my Civic SI, but once the Clubman gets here, I simply must go!

Old 10-21-2010, 01:29 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
SQUONK: HAPPY MOTORING, wish I was there.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:43 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
SQUONK: HAPPY MOTORING, wish I was there.
Thanks! You know how you said that it's 4 weeks after birth? I have a spreadsheet that starts with the first day of production and predicts each stage along the way from what I've read about on the web. I have three columns - best case, average and worst case (for example waiting 7 days at port for departure and taking 7 days to get through VDC). I'll be calling daily next week to find out when labor begins to get everything in motion!

Old 10-21-2010, 01:54 PM
capt fred
2nd Gear
Earlier on this thread the $1000 October incentive was discussed. After a lot of internet searching, I found an article on BestNewCarDeals.buyer report.org that calls these "invisible factory to dealer incentives" or in BMW speak "marketing support". So I guess it's up the dealer to use it as he sees fit; if sales are good, just put it in your pocket, if not they have a grand to discount the car or pad trade-in values.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:00 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Birth to deliver

Originally Posted by squonk
Thanks! You know how you said that it's 4 weeks after birth? I have a spreadsheet that starts with the first day of production and predicts each stage along the way from what I've read about on the web. I have three columns - best case, average and worst case (for example waiting 7 days at port for departure and taking 7 days to get through VDC). I'll be calling daily next week to find out when labor begins to get everything in motion!
Here I thought that you might be a friend, then you go and talk about 7 days at the VDC, where my JCW is right now. No, no, no, not 7 days, I need him here with me in 7 days. By the way, my Lil Guy was at port a little over one day, before boarding the good ship Fedora. It boarded at 11:00 am and the ship left port at 5:00 pm, so if anything, I guess that I'm ahead of the game.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:30 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Originally Posted by capt fred
Earlier on this thread the $1000 October incentive was discussed. After a lot of internet searching, I found an article on BestNewCarDeals.buyer report.org that calls these "invisible factory to dealer incentives" or in BMW speak "marketing support". So I guess it's up the dealer to use it as he sees fit; if sales are good, just put it in your pocket, if not they have a grand to discount the car or pad trade-in values.
That's interesting. And confusing. That would indicate NOT a direct from factory incentive that we can really take advantage of. Any pricing you have worked out with your dealer, they could just say, well, I include that incentive already from my desired price... meh!

Old 10-21-2010, 03:44 PM
dirkback
1st Gear
Hi folks. You guys have some great looking cars spec'd out!

It's so good to read these posts, as I was kind of going crazy myself. I had a 2005 MCS that I ordered back in March of '05 that was totaled in an accident about a month ago (no injuries, the MINI protected us well). I almost bought a 2010 off a dealer's lot right away, but decided the 2011 upgrades were worth the wait for an order, so I put in my order on 10/4. It's still without an actual production date, but it sounds like it should start being built "in the next couple days"...fingers crossed!

So, I'll just continue to read about and look at your cars as they come in and TRY to be patient...

Old 10-21-2010, 03:46 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
$1000 incentive

Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
That's interesting. And confusing. That would indicate NOT a direct from factory incentive that we can really take advantage of. Any pricing you have worked out with your dealer, they could just say, well, I include that incentive already from my desired price... meh!
According to my Motor Advisor when I asked here directly about this. I asked here, is there or is there not a $1000 and 3.9% program for deliveries in October? She answere, " Yes, $1000 AND 3.9% interest on October deliveries.

So, I would assume that it is a factory deal and this goes above and beyone the deal that I made with her on my JCW when I purchased it. Her deal to me was to make out the order. This deal is the car that we had made a deal on before.

That's about as clear as I can explain it. Now, whether this is a national deal or not, that I can't tell you, but it definately is an Eastern and Midwest incentive deal.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:53 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
When did your anticipated delivery date show up on OL??

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group