1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 07:51 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NavyNUKE
I would still use the configurator as argument, it shows it quite detailed (not just an image)
NavyNUKE, good job. I think you have pretty hard proof that it should be black, pictured and in writing. Go nail them.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Derk
3rd Gear
I would still use the configurator as argument, it shows it quite detailed (not just an image)
I really hope it works for you, but there are more than a few problems with the configurator (including missing the red stitching on the interior when you equip the JCW package on the Cooper S).

Edit: Oh damn! I didn't see that it was in writing too. Wish I had seen that before. Press hard, man.

Last edited by Derk; 05-12-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Derk
3rd Gear
As a side note, I just noticed that the wheel caps I've got have the Mini logo instead of the JCW logo as shown on the configurator which, I suppose, isn't a surprise at this point.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:10 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the pictures I have so far... there are no caps I'll see on Saturday

Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Derk
3rd Gear
In the pictures I have so far... there are no caps I'll see on Saturday
Your tow hook plug is missing too. I don't know how they ship, but it would make sense to put all of that in the car and have the dealer install it so none of it shakes loose en route.

Last edited by Derk; 05-12-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:18 PM
ndstebs
Neutral
Originally Posted by tennisfan16
I have not heard anything about this, why would they not make any cars in June with mini connect w/nav? It keeps looking more and more like my car will not be produced this month, now your saying if it is made next month I won't get that option?
I've been lurking in the forums for about 2 weeks since I ordered my MC Hardtop w/ Connect and Nav and decided to contact my dealership when I saw the posts about the delay. He said that my car, ordered on 4/20, should go into production sometime in June. It is definitely the Connect+Nav that's the issue, but a further delay of one month isn't terrible. Let's just hope the salesman is right about the production date.

On a side note, I'm not sure how they are handling new orders w/ Connect+Nav for those who are considering that option.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:09 PM
tennisfan16
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ndstebs
I've been lurking in the forums for about 2 weeks since I ordered my MC Hardtop w/ Connect and Nav and decided to contact my dealership when I saw the posts about the delay. He said that my car, ordered on 4/20, should go into production sometime in June. It is definitely the Connect+Nav that's the issue, but a further delay of one month isn't terrible. Let's just hope the salesman is right about the production date.

On a side note, I'm not sure how they are handling new orders w/ Connect+Nav for those who are considering that option.
I just talked to the sales manager at the dealership I ordered from, he told my he could not even gurantee my order would be built next month. He said more than likely not until 2012 models are out. He said it was the connect with nav that was holding it from production. I told him that wouldn't work for me, already waisted a month of my life waiting for this car to be built. I canceled the order and they will be refunding my deposit. He said that he has had several people cancel their orders already and I was the second JCW person today.

I tried to buy a mini, but looks like it wasn't in the cards for me. Sad thing is I don't know what I am going to do now.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:49 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Just got the call from the service guy that I've been waiting for since my suspension install whats holding up my delivery right now. The good news is that he will install my JCW suspension with the tops of the struts pushed more in to get me more negative camber like I asked for. Yay for the free front camber mod! I saw someone else with the JCW suspension ended up with -1.2deg camber up front, so I'm hoping that mine will end up around there too since that'd be a pretty good street setting.

But bad news is that he doesn't know if they can get it installed for me to take delivery tomorrow or Saturday yet. Saturday will be exactly 9 weeks to the day I put the order in, so I'm going nuts. I've been taking my checkbook and title for my trade-in with me everywhere I go for the past week just in case I got the call!

Old 05-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Lainford Express
1st Gear
Am I fooling myself thinking that my MCS that is in final QA inspection today will catch Tamesis departing Southampton on 5/14.

It would awesome if it does, because if not, it won't leave until the 20th or 22nd.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Lainford Express
Am I fooling myself thinking that my MCS that is in final QA inspection today will catch Tamesis departing Southampton on 5/14.

It would awesome if it does, because if not, it won't leave until the 20th or 22nd.
I think it'll make it. My car was supposedly completed on a Monday, but when I punched in the VIN into the WW shipping website on Tue morning, it showed up there.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:31 PM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
I was hoping for the Tamesis too, but just checked the WW schedule, and it's now showing the Tamesis not departing Southampton until the 21st. However, the Tirranna is leaving on the 15th.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fxdavis
I was hoping for the Tamesis too, but just checked the WW schedule, and it's now showing the Tamesis not departing Southampton until the 21st. However, the Tirranna is leaving on the 15th.
Argghh! The Tirranna is not going to stop in Baltimore, so it looks like my MINI will be waiting in Southampton for the Tamesis -- not getting in until the 30th, blowing any chance at May incentives.

I am hoping that the parts supply problems doesn't cause them to back off June incentives.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Lainford Express
1st Gear
Damn, I needed a ship to Baltimore too. Why the heck do they have nothing going to Baltimore from May 9 to May 20, then have three on consecutive days? Maybe it'll change again tomorrow.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Derk
3rd Gear
An interesting twist in my "Saga of the Black Grille Surround":

When they assembled my car, they incorrectly installed the grille, snapping off one of the lower tabs. As a result, the lower piece of the chrome trim doesn't quite latch in correctly. The dealer is replacing the lower trim piece and the grille, so I had em just order the black surround this time. I am going to have to pay for the upper trim piece, but it's less than $40.

Victory?

Old 05-13-2011, 07:42 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Interestering!

Old 05-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Derk
3rd Gear
Interestering!
I'm really hoping you can coerce them to do the swap for free for you! Heard anything from your MA about it yet?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:39 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Going to the dealership tomorrow, what should I be bringinggggg!??

Also... does... my "deposit" counts as part of my "down-payment" right??

Old 05-13-2011, 04:11 PM
daniel4d
1st Gear
That is a good question, Navy. I would imagine it does, can anyone confirm?

Old 05-13-2011, 04:16 PM
nykwan
4th Gear

Yes, deposit is part of your down payment.

I might get mine tomorrow too. My MA will call me in the morning to let me
know if the suspension install will be done in the morning.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:08 PM
darthhen
4th Gear

Bring your camera.
Checkbook.
And your new car checklist.
Patience...cuz it takes a long time for the finance person to get all the paperwork to be signed.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:49 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Originally Posted by darthhen
Bring your camera.
Checkbook.
And your new car checklist.
Patience...cuz it takes a long time for the finance person to get all the paperwork to be signed.

Well I already wired my down payment

Patience... lol I'll try.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Precise
1st Gear
Picking up tomorrow...what you think?

Old 05-13-2011, 08:20 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear

Yes, deposit counts towards the down payment, though if for some reason you wanted the deposit refunded (say you put it on a credit card but you wanted the whole down payment in a check), they should be willing to refund it.

To bring or have faxed:
  • proof of insurance on the new car (talk to your insurer person about faxing it over)
  • the balance of what you want to deposit. Many dealers want a certified check and/or will only put a certain amount on a credit card.
  • the title for your trade-in car, if you're doing that
  • your license (can't be expired or otherwise invalid) and a second form of ID like a health insurance card
  • a checklist of what you want to go over in the car with your MA before you drive off the lot (mine's included below, and some items are specific to options I got)

Exterior:
walk around, check color, finish, front bumper, any nicks?
stripes look clean and lined up
both remotes work
open and shut trunk and hood, check mechanics, everything should line up nicely

Interior:
AC cold
Heat hot
Seats hot
Headlights on.
Brake and turn lights work
all windows go up and down
sunroof open and close.
interior lights on and off
floor mats
back floor is what was ordered
wipers work
check and press all interior panels. no scratches and all panels are firmly in place

Sound System:
connect iPhone to MINI-Connected
sound comes through all 10 speakers
connect Bluetooth and make a call

Take your time! You're the one paying thousands of dollars for a car. Don't feel rushed because you're taking up the MA's time, and don't allow anybody to rush you. A good MA and dealer want you to feel really good about the car, so they should be willing to sit with you until you're totally satisfied and understand everything you feel you want to understand before you pull away.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:08 PM
danglow1
1st Gear
Originally Posted by danglow1
I got the phonecall today! Sadie is here. I will be picking her up on Thur. Sadie was ordered March 14 so arrived 8 weeks from the day she was ordered. Attached are a couple pictures my MA took and sent to me.
I picked up Sadie last night. I love, love, love, my new countryman. The Royal Gray looks so much better in peson. What a fun drive home. No regrets. Once the rain quits I will post some pics.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:34 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
MINIUSA says all Mini Cooper S produced after 4/11 have chrome, boo. They also didn't give me the package option at least I got 0.9, dealer gave me a jcw license plate frame, mini key chain, and rubber mats.

Derk, do you have paddle shifters??

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group