1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 05:44 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Ual right on the money my ship is transmitting just north of Tijuana. Very cool! And it's on port hueneme schedule for Monday which is great.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:53 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hemi: man, you're so close! I'm so happy for you, it's been such a long wait for you!! We'll need some pics ASAP, although I know how tough it is to tear yourself away
Thirdrail: see above

Orm: I'm still bummed over what happened to you. Any word from MINI on how to make all of this right?

Also, Clubby got his first real, drawn-out bath and fresh waxing. I used Epic and the first go round was pretty draining and I didn't think I would be a fan. Second round went way better and the results are stunning. Seriously...I fell in love all over again These cars become your pride and joy and I can't wait for the rest of you early-2011ers to get your paws on your baby!

You know what NAM needs? A smiley/emoticon that displays pure love. Like dancing hearts or a happy face with a heart next to it. I bet people would use it alllllll the time

Old 10-23-2010, 07:03 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
wahoo_shoe
Please post up more pictures in your gallery.

Thirdraildesignlab
I was just looking at the San Diego marina webcam. Lighting is not too bad. We will be able to see your ship sail by.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:06 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
UAL: anything in particular? Or just some more basic beauties? I keep hitting the gallery limit, so maybe I'll replace a few

Old 10-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Orm
2nd Gear
Wahoo: Too soon to say anything yet. MiniUSA called me and seemed to understand my point of view and they were not happy about what happened. Let's just see what the future brings.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:10 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Looks like the Pilot is going out to meet the Volans Leader.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:05 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Kind of hard to see, but the Volans Leader but it is infront of those bright yellow lights.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:26 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Excellent! I was watching the Giants take the series but I checked marine traffic and saw the boat come in. All good progress!

Old 10-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Darjeeling
Neutral
I've been infected

I found NAM a few months ago when I started looking seriously at the Mini, and laughed when I read threads like this one -- I'd never get so obsessed about a car, I thought.

But now I'm the one tracking a ship. Ha!

Old 10-24-2010, 08:34 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Hahahaha I've said it before, but on my first MINI my dealer cleverly got the car I had spec'd without telling me, than just called me up, announced it was there, and I was sold. So I didn't go through the waiting or the obsessive tracking of the vehicle through production and transport. This time, I'm right there with you. My ship is one port away from mine, so as hemi was struggling with, it's so close you can taste it, but not close enough. That's not even factoring in processing, trucking and dealer time.

On the upside, as vie personally found, it gives you plenty of time to read, plot mods, second guess mods, and basically familiarize yourself with everything while you wait. Ha

Old 10-24-2010, 08:50 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
Excellent! I was watching the Giants take the series but I checked marine traffic and saw the boat come in. All good progress!
I was multitasking last night. I was flipping the channel between the Giants and Sharks, I was video chatting on Skype, and I was watching the San Diego ship radar and watching the San Diego marina webcam at the same time.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:29 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
In Waiting

Hahahaha I've said it before, but on my first MINI my dealer cleverly got the car I had spec'd without telling me, than just called me up, announced it was there, and I was sold. So I didn't go through the waiting or the obsessive tracking of the vehicle through production and transport. This time, I'm right there with you. My ship is one port away from mine, so as hemi was struggling with, it's so close you can taste it, but not close enough. That's not even factoring in processing, trucking and dealer time.

On the upside, as vie personally found, it gives you plenty of time to read, plot mods, second guess mods, and basically familiarize yourself with everything while you wait. Ha
I most definately agree....after market armrest, or Mini armrest. Lower it with H&R springs, or coil overs.......JCW steering wheel, or keept the red stitched one it comes with........tires......(think I have that one figured out) CAI from DoS...yes.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:45 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
I've found that I've gone through more mod research, planning and then postponement in my plans because of having all this time on my hands, than I did last time. It helps to not have the cash to pursue some of the mods I want, ha, and also, as the family car, knowing that my wife won't stand for the car being up on jacks the nigtt before the baby has to be somewhere. Hahahahahahahahahahha. But still, these are the problems to have: plot aftermarket mod A or mod B. Or do nothing and enjoy the car as is for awhile.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:10 PM
BGR Alex
2nd Gear
As I await my car to arrive this week (hopefully) like Hemi, I saw the 2011 Jetta ad at the bottom of the page. What a plain and boring looking vehicle!

Old 10-24-2010, 04:35 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
adsensing fail!

Old 10-24-2010, 04:38 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Thirdraildesignlab

Here is your ship, Volans Leader, leaving San Diego just minutes ago.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:49 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
nice work! I saw that as well.. all good signs, indeed. It's on arrival schedule in PH for tomorrow so I'll be pretty much glued to that all day.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
nice work! I saw that as well.. all good signs, indeed. It's on arrival schedule in PH for tomorrow so I'll be pretty much glued to that all day.
It will be a very exciting week for you.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:41 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
It sure could be! The wild cards are stacked up though: processing could be a few days or a week, drive up should be a day, but then the whole dealer 'detailing' delays. As wi all things, I anticipate the less desirable result while hoping for better. For me, the excitement about getting into the new ride is almost rivaled by relief at releasing my current one. I'm paranoid about something happening to it to affect trade-in. Cross fingers and tailwinds for the Volans Leader (well, metaphorically)

Old 10-24-2010, 08:01 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
It sure could be! The wild cards are stacked up though: processing could be a few days or a week, drive up should be a day, but then the whole dealer 'detailing' delays. As wi all things, I anticipate the less desirable result while hoping for better. For me, the excitement about getting into the new ride is almost rivaled by relief at releasing my current one. I'm paranoid about something happening to it to affect trade-in. Cross fingers and tailwinds for the Volans Leader (well, metaphorically)
Lets hope the car is not at the VDC for many days. It can only mean the car was damaged during shipping. The car should reach SF on Thursday and be ready for pickup next weekend.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:26 AM
BGR Alex
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
Lets hope the car is not at the VDC for many days. It can only mean the car was damaged during shipping. The car should reach SF on Thursday and be ready for pickup next weekend.
My car was at the VDC for approx. 2 business days.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Enthusiast
1st Gear
My car is loaded, and estimated ship date is today. Estimated arrival date is 11/6/10. Anticipation is killing me..

Old 10-25-2010, 07:07 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Nice way to wake up: coffee, toddler on my face, and watching the ship approach port!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
BGR Alex
2nd Gear
MY CAR IS AT THE DEALER!

OMG I think this will probably be the hardest part of the wait.... knowing that the car is 10 miles away but still needs to go through the dealer prep stuff. I may see if I can drive by and find it on the lot tonight...

Old 10-25-2010, 10:47 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BGR Alex
MY CAR IS AT THE DEALER!

OMG I think this will probably be the hardest part of the wait.... knowing that the car is 10 miles away but still needs to go through the dealer prep stuff. I may see if I can drive by and find it on the lot tonight...
That is GREAT news!!! Hopefully you don't have anything lengthy to be done at the dealer. My dealer said they will turn my car in 3-4 hours. Mine is still a pile of parts in the Oxford plant so I will look forward to hearing about yours!!!

You ordered yours only 10 days before mine so your dealers spot in line was waaay closer to production than mine was.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group