1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:41 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heads up to all of you out there waiting for your MINI. I just found out Comcast HD Theatre will be airing the show Mighty Ships tonight 7PM PST or 10PM EST. It will feature the Wallenius Wilhelmsen car carrier ship, Faust. It will show them loading MINIs and other cars in Southampton and unloading them in New York City.

THIS SHOW IS A MUST WATCH!

Comcast HD Theatre

Mighty Ships, "MV Faust"

7 PM PST or 10 PM EST

Old 10-25-2010, 05:46 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Fedora

Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
Heads up to all of you out there waiting for your MINI. I just found out Comcast HD Theatre will be airing the show Mighty Ships tonight 7PM PST or 10PM EST. It will feature the Wallenius Wilhelmsen car carrier ship, Faust. It will show them loading MINIs and other cars in Southampton and unloading them in New York City.

THIS SHOW IS A MUST WATCH!

Comcast HD Theatre

Mighty Ships, "MV Faust"

7 PM PST or 10 PM EST
They are the owners of my Lil Guys cruise ship that he was traveling on last week.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:50 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Good find!

Old 10-25-2010, 05:52 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Orm that list rocks!

Old 10-25-2010, 06:22 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
They are the owners of my Lil Guys cruise ship that he was traveling on last week.
MINIs usually travel on WW ships. Occasionally they will put them on a K-Line ship for East Coast ports or an Asian carrier for West Coast ports.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:04 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
The Mighty Ships special was one my boss had seen and was telling me about some time ago. Fascinating video!

Old 10-26-2010, 05:21 AM
AngryBrit
1st Gear
Mine hit Baltimore yesterday (can see the ship from my office window). It sucks knowing it's ~1 mile away and I wont get my hands on it 'till the weekend IF I'm lucky.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:24 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Those poor MINIs get like 18 inches of clearance while Rolls Royce get about 3 feet.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:33 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Mini's arriving.

Originally Posted by AngryBrit
Mine hit Baltimore yesterday (can see the ship from my office window). It sucks knowing it's ~1 mile away and I wont get my hands on it 'till the weekend IF I'm lucky.
Just think, you are there, yours doesn't have to be transported half way across the country like my Lil Guy. Mine came into POE Baltimore on the 20th, yours today and we both get them on Saturday. Sounds good to me. Hey guy, do enjoy your new ride, I know I will. Again, my travel from the dealership back to my home is five hours of driving time, and I am going to enjoy every moment of it. I think that I'll take the back roads back to Iowa.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:36 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Clearances

Those poor MINIs get like 18 inches of clearance while Rolls Royce get about 3 feet.
Kingpin: Hey, at least it's a foot and a half, instead of six inches like the Japanese car at least, use to be. And, it isn't the distance between the bumpers, it's the distance between the doors.
But, in saying all this, my Lil Guy had a state room, so he didn't have to worry about that. He and Lil Alex partied during the trip in comfort.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:07 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
The show was very interesting. It was much like I imagined from what I had heard, but something about how they drive right up the folder ramp and park in meticulously positioned spaces for lashing, that was especially impressive. My father had a temporary job in the 80s driving Suzuki Samurais off the boat in LA. Very different process, and of course a different vehicle. They had bumper wings on the sides to prevent damage from overtipping as they descended the ramp. Crazy.

Loved seeing all those MINIs!

Angry, you can SEE the boat from your window? Torture!

Old 10-26-2010, 11:44 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear

Let's see if this goes thru. I think that I finally got it to do it. Remember, these are taken right after it was driven off the transport.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:45 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear

Here's the rear. Such a lovely view for Mustangs to see. eh he eh....

Old 10-26-2010, 12:13 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
ya, looks like image attachments are wonky today!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:04 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
I wish I could put in an order for mini connected with nav on my convertible, but not yet according to my dealer. Still not showing in the order guide they use I guess...:(

Old 10-26-2010, 01:52 PM
capt fred
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by WoffordMini
Does anyone know if there is a way to see ship arrivals in brunswick? Michigan highway still a no show on any of the tracking sites
WoffordMini; Any word on your car. I couldn't find any info on the ship making it to Brunswick. Maybe it didn't get there. Maybe some Minis hijacked the ship.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:01 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
The Michigan Highway has gone from expected at vesseltracker.com, to not being listed under expected ships anymore, as of yesterday. Since it won't let you see the ships in port on the free account, I think this means that the ship is in port. It also told me this morning that the ship had made it to the area that it tracks and it was showing up off the coast of Brunswick, so considering the 2 day delay the free account has, I think this means it has reached port for sure!!!! So hopefully my mini will get unloaded fast and past through quickly (no damage) and make it to the dealer soon.

Last edited by WoffordMini; 10-26-2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: mistakes
Old 10-26-2010, 02:25 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Off on another subject, what are the thoughts about getting the clear bras for the front ends to protect from gravel, sand and rock chips? I'm doing it, and it's costing a small fortune, but if it keeps chips off the Lil Guy's front end, well it'll be worth it. What's you all's thoughts.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:28 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Well, my Clubman is theoretically being flashed, cleaned and ready for transport from the VDC. Unless it was sandwiched on unload from the VOLANS LEADER, that is...

Old 10-26-2010, 03:22 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
Well, my Clubman is theoretically being flashed, cleaned and ready for transport from the VDC. Unless it was sandwiched on unload from the VOLANS LEADER, that is...
Does your VIN come up on the WW tracking site?

Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by WoffordMini
The Michigan Highway has gone from expected at vesseltracker.com, to not being listed under expected ships anymore, as of yesterday. Since it won't let you see the ships in port on the free account, I think this means that the ship is in port. It also told me this morning that the ship had made it to the area that it tracks and it was showing up off the coast of Brunswick, so considering the 2 day delay the free account has, I think this means it has reached port for sure!!!! So hopefully my mini will get unloaded fast and past through quickly (no damage) and make it to the dealer soon.
When I zoom into the Brunswick area map on marintraffic.com, not one ship showed up--not even a tug! I guess there is no tracking service for that area.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:43 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
When I zoom into the Brunswick area map on marintraffic.com, not one ship showed up--not even a tug! I guess there is no tracking service for that area.

yea i signed up for alerts on vessel tracker. It sent me an alert at about 10 this morning saying it was in range, Then at about 1:30 it sent me another saying it was no longer in range. It is a few days behind. I showed up for a while on one of the sites this morining but who knows it may have sank

Old 10-26-2010, 03:49 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
this morning undine was still showing up in brunswick. It is now back in the south hampton i believe so it seems brunswick is an awful place to try and track a boat.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:07 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Does your VIN come up on the WW tracking site?
Yep, confirmed discharged. Which is a good thing, since I think the boat left this morning for points intercontinental... You know I've been watching that ship like a hawk...

Old 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
Yep, confirmed discharged. Which is a good thing, since I think the boat left this morning for points intercontinental... You know I've been watching that ship like a hawk...
I am trying to understand how WW works. It seem like they are a shipping company as well as a shipping agent. For example in your case, there were no WW ships going to Port Hueneme for like a month, so they put your car on an Asian carrier that was headed back to Asia via the west coast. Your VIN appears on the WW tracking site, yet the car is aboard a ship not owned by WW.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group