1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 10:37 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
heya
So when I called on Thursday, and was looking for an estimate, it was already AT the dealer. It was dropped off at the VDC in southern california on Monday. Assuming they were able to do the 2 day turnaround, which is about as tight as they can do them, that would have put it on the road wednesday evening, in on Thursday AM. He said he had gone over the car with the initial walk-through, taped off the bumper so they wouldn't drill it, and it was in detailing and final check as of Thursday PM. Somewhat ironically, after tracking the car through this whole process, it's here but we won't be going in until Sunday, with all the various toddler and halloween related business going on. I was never overly-anxious to take POSSESSION of the car, just to eliminate the uncertainty in the process and know it's here. Anyway, looking forward to it. And with a trade-in and the financing, having been through this a few times before and not yet having a problem with the process, I'm just going to relax the moment I drive AWAY and not before. There's always the potential for the deal to go south at the last second. But we're pretty stoked to be having Longboy in time for Halloween... that's fun! Photo ops!

The car was ordered at the dealer on 9/16. 6 weeks to the day, it arrived at the dealer. That was 3 weeks or so ahead of the estimate...and including west coast delivery!

cross fingers...

Old 10-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats thirdrail! I'm sure you'll have a fun drive home.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:32 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Thirdraildesignlab

I am not if you are a Costco member. If you are, will use their auto buying program to get a discount?

Old 10-29-2010, 04:33 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
heya
So when I called on Thursday, and was looking for an estimate, it was already AT the dealer. It was dropped off at the VDC in southern california on Monday. Assuming they were able to do the 2 day turnaround, which is about as tight as they can do them, that would have put it on the road wednesday evening, in on Thursday AM. He said he had gone over the car with the initial walk-through, taped off the bumper so they wouldn't drill it, and it was in detailing and final check as of Thursday PM. Somewhat ironically, after tracking the car through this whole process, it's here but we won't be going in until Sunday, with all the various toddler and halloween related business going on. I was never overly-anxious to take POSSESSION of the car, just to eliminate the uncertainty in the process and know it's here. Anyway, looking forward to it. And with a trade-in and the financing, having been through this a few times before and not yet having a problem with the process, I'm just going to relax the moment I drive AWAY and not before. There's always the potential for the deal to go south at the last second. But we're pretty stoked to be having Longboy in time for Halloween... that's fun! Photo ops!

The car was ordered at the dealer on 9/16. 6 weeks to the day, it arrived at the dealer. That was 3 weeks or so ahead of the estimate...and including west coast delivery!

cross fingers...
is your MA gonna give you the $1000 incentive from MINI?

Old 10-29-2010, 04:35 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
No Costco/ USAA/ similar membership dealerships here in northern california. That's more a model for areas that have less of a market demand as far as MINI goes. However, my negotiated price was lower than the Costco price so I'm fine. I will be exploring the supposed 'factory incentive' but it's frustrating there's no evidence of it...do get the October financing incentive regardless...

Old 10-29-2010, 04:38 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
CCCPlus we overlapped in posts, but yeah I'll TRY for that but without evidence of it's existence,don't know how it'll work out...

Old 10-29-2010, 05:26 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
I talked to a another dealer here in socal and found out that there is $1000 incentive from MINI. They were really aggressive with dealing on any cars on the lot. My delivery is in November unfortunately.....

Old 10-29-2010, 06:18 PM
CFRM
2nd Gear
Hey everyone, picked up car earlier today. Everything seems fine now, luckily before I left I checked the gas and was surprised to see they had "used" FOUR gallons of gas in order to "test" the car out. Looks like I won't be using their service anymore. I had them fill up the tank and drove with no problems back home. I am glad to see that some of you are picking your cars this weekend. I wish you happy motoring!

Cheers!

Old 10-29-2010, 06:25 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
CFRM - I'm glad to hear that you have your car back!! Maybe its a good thing that they used some gas as they DID test it out. Too bad they didn't top it off automatically, but hopefully you are done seeing them for another 14,900 miles or so.... Best of luck!!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:18 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
CFRM: SUPER, glad that all is well with the Mini World now. I'm in agreement with Squonk that they should have automatically filled up the tank, but at least you know that they did a thorough test this time.
As for waiting 14,000 miles to check back with them, I might just stay away completely, unless there's emergencies. And, don't wait that 15,000 miles for oil changes, either.7500 is plenty, and in my case I'm changing my original oil out in 2,000 miles, then go on a 5,000 mile limit. I just get paranoid when people talk about 15000, even with synthetic oil. ENJOY!!!

Lil Guy gets picked up tomorrow, just 17 more hours. This is rediculous.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:21 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Thumbs up!!!

Anyone have a definitive list of dealer programmed options?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:33 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Haven't seen a good list for newer models. This dates back to my first MINI:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...r-new-mcs.html

Old 10-30-2010, 05:08 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Well folks, it's off to the Chi-Town Mini Dealer, actually it's Patricks in Schaumburg. 5 hours, approximately and then to see the Lil Guy. Should prove to be an interesting day. Wish me luck.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:52 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Yay good luck!

Old 10-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
I picked up my White Silver JCW Hardtop on Thursday. God, I've had a huge grin ever since! I have already put on nearly 750 km. Finding every excuse to drive somewhere now. Need to hit that 1000 miles so I don't have to baby it anymore. Though sometimes I cheat Haven't touched the sport button yet, gonna let that surprise me after the break in period is over. Hope you guys get yours soon!
I will post pictures tomorrow. Already have to give Matilda, wife picked the name , a wash. All this driving and she is already a dirty girl!

Old 10-30-2010, 12:31 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Excellent!!! Great color

Old 10-30-2010, 04:54 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
hemisedan

Where are you???? Everyone here is waiting for you to post up pictures of your JCW!

Old 10-30-2010, 05:59 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Hemi is staying the night outside of Chicago and coming back tomorrow I believe. Then again he may just keep on driving!!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:43 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Slow and steady, break-in!

Old 10-30-2010, 08:05 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Thirdraildesignlab

Big day for you tomorrow

Have you asked for any freebies yet from the dealer?

Old 10-31-2010, 09:15 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Will be trying for rubber mats instead of carpet but otherwise not much. Food poisoning all weekend has pretty much shanghaid my attention. Off to have the trade in detailed and then heading over!

Old 10-31-2010, 10:05 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Will be trying for rubber mats instead of carpet but otherwise not much. Food poisoning all weekend has pretty much shanghaid my attention. Off to have the trade in detailed and then heading over!
We will be here waiting for the pictures. Good luck!

Old 10-31-2010, 10:39 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Sorry to hear about your stomach issues. You should eat yogurt and saltine crackers for a day. This will allow your stomach to "reset." It worked for me.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:01 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Well folks, we're back. Our Lil Guy drives FANTASTIC. Olga said I looked scared to death all the while we were at the dealers. Who wouldn't with the prices of new cars today. And, we still have some financial considerations to talk about. Maria is fantastic, as usual, the F&I people suck.

Yes, Thirdrailsdesignlab, we took it easy, especially for the first 50 miles. Didn't get on I-88 until 92 miles. Then varied the speed from 50 mph to 75 for the next 265 miles. Back home in other words. Gas mileage is fantastic, too, if I read the damn thing right. Performance, what can I say, you know how cars slow down, or work very hard holding cruise control going up hills? Not with Lil Guy, just keeps on going. I tried to keep it out of the turbo as much as possible, not getting into it, well much that is, at all. Just back and forth.

The radio, and the other stuff that goes with the information center will test my learning skills. H&K sound system is great, hell the whole car is great.

Maria put the car out in front, about an hour before we got there, locked up and it did draw quite a crowd she said. She kept saying, "This car is a special order, we don't own it." She said that she said that at least 20 times. Well, we're happy with it, and no problems.

I mentioned CRFM's problems, and she said that if has 3 misfits, it classified as a lemon and can, and should be replaced. Hopefully that won't happen to CFRM. I'm going to try and post pictures in the Gallery. I don't know how to post directly.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:20 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Well folks, we're back. Our Lil Guy drives FANTASTIC. Olga said I looked scared to death all the while we were at the dealers. Who wouldn't with the prices of new cars today. And, we still have some financial considerations to talk about. Maria is fantastic, as usual, the F&I people suck.

Yes, Thirdrailsdesignlab, we took it easy, especially for the first 50 miles. Didn't get on I-88 until 92 miles. Then varied the speed from 50 mph to 75 for the next 265 miles. Back home in other words. Gas mileage is fantastic, too, if I read the damn thing right. Performance, what can I say, you know how cars slow down, or work very hard holding cruise control going up hills? Not with Lil Guy, just keeps on going. I tried to keep it out of the turbo as much as possible, not getting into it, well much that is, at all. Just back and forth.

The radio, and the other stuff that goes with the information center will test my learning skills. H&K sound system is great, hell the whole car is great.

Maria put the car out in front, about an hour before we got there, locked up and it did draw quite a crowd she said. She kept saying, "This car is a special order, we don't own it." She said that she said that at least 20 times. Well, we're happy with it, and no problems.

I mentioned CRFM's problems, and she said that if has 3 misfits, it classified as a lemon and can, and should be replaced. Hopefully that won't happen to CFRM. I'm going to try and post pictures in the Gallery. I don't know how to post directly.
Congrats. I was wondering if your car would be out front. I thought about stopping by Patrick to see how it looked in person since I'm in the Chicago burbs...but got busy with other stuff and didnt' want to drive out there not knowing if I'd get to see it.
Make sure you take lots of pics.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group