1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Well folks, we're back. Our Lil Guy drives FANTASTIC. . . .
. . . I'm going to try and post pictures in the Gallery . . .
Cool! Congrats X2!! Can't wait to see what Lil Guy looks like!

Have fun!

-Clint

Old 10-31-2010, 04:36 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
OK, if someone with intelligence, that knows to teach an idiot, I would like to place photos either, in my gallery, or on this forum. I, just can't figure out how to do either. My MAC jusrt doesn't like this.

Put the Lil Guy to bed, under his won JCW car cover, after I figured that one out, too. Nothing's easy anymore. How do you put pictures in the messages?

Old 10-31-2010, 05:35 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hemi I pmd you. Reply and I'll help

:::

My dealer experience was all killer no filler
No issues
Home now and about to take the wee one to a Halloween dinner
Pics:

Old 10-31-2010, 09:54 PM
CFRM
2nd Gear
Hemi and Thirdrail, I am so happy for you! I love the white clubman. I am really looking forward to more pics. I most confess that it is very hard to stay off the turbo So far I've had no more issues and hope no one else has them.
I'll be looking for your pics Hemi

Cheers!

Old 10-31-2010, 09:59 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
thanks CFRM
I'll post some bigger pics later this week to my garage, etc!

Got to drive home from SF to Marin, then my wife drove us to her mom's house for the halloween thing. When I pulled into the driveway, which is very steep, something like a 14% gradient, I stopped short and killed it, so I had to restart and get up the drive, during which time she ran out with our baby and was jumping up and down with excitement. We really missed having a MINI. In fact, she was making all these excited noises when she hopped in and grabbed the key fob.

Yeah, pretty GREAT!

Old 11-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
Finally got a free moment to take some pics. She is a little dirty from taking a friend for a ride last night. He loved the car

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-p1000987-2.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-p1000989-2.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-p1000993-2.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 04:55 AM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
Some more

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-p1000986-2.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-p1000988-2.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-p1000990-2.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 05:20 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
PIctures

Originally Posted by Bloodycow
Some more
Car really looks nice. All these Mini's look great, guess that why I got one too. Now, if you could e-mail me, thru the NAM, let me know how you put the pictures on this forum. I have no idea. Thanks, and enjoy, I know I am my Lil Guy.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
All I did was click on post reply then a little down from the box you put your message in. There is a button called 'manage attachments'. Just hit that and it will let you upload 3 pictures.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:06 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
That's my problem, I can't find the attachments!!!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:53 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Jcw

Originally Posted by Bloodycow
Finally got a free moment to take some pics. She is a little dirty from taking a friend for a ride last night. He loved the car
Like I said, looks nice, but now don't get excited, it needs, maybe some Challenge, or something like that, black stripes. Need to break up all that Silver. Of course mine is entirely different, I have so much black.

I noticed on yours, like mine, that the dealer elected NOT to put one of their dealer ornaments on the boot/deck lid. My dealer just put the license plate trim on it with Patricks. I, really appreciated that.

These JCW's, and I would imagine the MCS is similar, but that power, while not overwhelming, is great. Can't say that I've foun one thing that I can complain about with the Lil Guy. Responsive, looks great (to me) the sound system is even better than I figured on. Took awhile to figure out how to adjust the outside mirrors without folding them over. Right, turn the engine on. Still need to figure out the radio features. And, the mpg figures and other informational items. No limp home feature showing yet, thank god.

The one thing, so far that has really surprised me, other than the power going up hills, is how smooth it rides. I was expecting a chopy ride, really feel all the bumps, but NO. It rides like a Bentley compared to my Miata MX-5. And, the handling is at least as good. Can you tell that I like the Lil Guy?

Old 11-01-2010, 08:14 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Bloody.......unless my system is broken, which I doubt, there is no place that says (manage attachments) But, thanks.

By the way, what options did you get on your little Silver Mini? Looks like it's decked out pretty good. I passed on the Premium Package with the sunroof and auto a/c, but did go with the H&K sound system which is great. I hope that I can get the Universal Garage Door opener to work.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:43 AM
jcw666
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Bloody.......unless my system is broken, which I doubt, there is no place that says (manage attachments) But, thanks.

By the way, what options did you get on your little Silver Mini? Looks like it's decked out pretty good. I passed on the Premium Package with the sunroof and auto a/c, but did go with the H&K sound system which is great. I hope that I can get the Universal Garage Door opener to work.

hemi, congrats .. really happy for u man .. enjoy it to the maximum

i hope this will help u look at this pic

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-image.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 09:28 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Hemi, there IS a Manage Attachments link below the message field, I was mistaken in my email to you. Sounds, rather, from your post above, that you are having trouble finding thepics on your Mac. If you use iPhoto you need to export them to the desktop or somewhere first...

Old 11-01-2010, 09:33 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Uploading Pictures

Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
Hemi, there IS a Manage Attachments link below the message field, I was mistaken in my email to you. Sounds, rather, from your post above, that you are having trouble finding thepics on your Mac. If you use iPhoto you need to export them to the desktop or somewhere first...
I'll see if my wife can do this, she is the computer expert in the family. I don't know if I have my pictures on Iphoto, or it is something else, but this is the only place that I have had problems forwarding pictures. I can sent them thru normal e-mails, but not here. Sucks. Lil Guy is very photogentic.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:59 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Day 2 of driving Longboy and my wife and I both love the fact that we feel like we're driving our last MINI, but with luxe upgrades. Smoother ride, tighter, comfier cockpit, and SUCH a nice return to fun in the car... even on the commute!

Old 11-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Sauron
2nd Gear
Really envying all you guys who have already gone through the process- that white/white really looks sharp, thirdrail!

Still looking for those pics, hemi- want to see Lil guy - I haven't seen any actual pics of a car with that config yet. I'm sure it looks as good as it sounds.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:26 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Thirdraildesignlab
Nice looking Clubman! That is the first time seeing a white roof on a Clubman, and it looks great. All this time, I thought you ordered an automatic. You have to let me know how it does on steep SF hills.

Bloodycow
Good looking JCW! Enjoy!

Hemisedan
We are still waiting to see pictures of the Lil Guy.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:31 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sauron - I see from your sig that your car is in production - mine too! Mine was supposed to finish today, but OL still says its in the paint shop. Hmmm. Anyway, we may be on the same ship coming to the US!

Hemi - congrats on the Lil Guy!!!

Thirdraildesignlab - The white roof looks awesome on the clubman!! Nicely done!

Old 11-01-2010, 06:36 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Squonk: the OL is usually behind, both online and phone. The online by days, the phone by a day or so. Most likely your car did finish today, the production completion date is correct 95% of the time it seems like. Shoot ASK-MINI a call tomorrow and talk to a real person, they should be able to confirm the completion. Happy boating!

Old 11-01-2010, 06:39 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Wahoo_shoe - I talked with the ask mini folks this afternoon and they said the last update was from Friday that it was in the paint shop. I agree with you that it probably did finish today and their systems are not up to date - I had read about how it lags...

Old 11-01-2010, 06:54 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
thirdrail, did you get the $1000 MINI incentive from your dealer? keep those pics coming

anybody know if this $1000 incentive is still on for Nov?

Old 11-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Sauron
2nd Gear
squonk, let's hope we both get our MINIs as soon as possible!
- I'm sure your MINI is finished- my status hasn't been updated over the weekend either, and it's still listed on the phone as being in the paint shop, which it was on Friday.
Btw, what's the #1, #2 and #3 in your sig?

Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Thanks all
My dealer and I had negotiated a price and it did not change. They would not confirm the existence of the incentive but stated that they had already negotiated down the car price ij good faith, and I agreed. If the incentive was a published, documented bonus to consumers that came direct from the factory than I would have pursued it. I believe it is marketing leverage granted dealers to work with without having to dent into their profit. Regardless, in our market here, for a new model year, I felt the -1000$usd off of msrp I had previously negotiated was a good deal and I was happy with it.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:34 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
I hope that this goes thru, but here are some pictures of the Lil Guy thata I took this weekend. The middle one is at my home.

Point of interest: I turned on the Sport button, for just about one block today, and what can I say......WOW. Now keep in mind, I've driven 500+hp cars in my day, gone in the high 10's on the drag strip, but this Lil Guy impressed me. No, it's not a 10, 11, 12, or maybe even a 13 second car, but it does have torque and will turn those little 17" front donuts very easily. Anyway, I just thought that I'd pass this along. I'm keeping the Sport button hidden from myself until at least 1,000 miles, maybe longer to keep from getting crazy tickets.

Turned in the MX-5 Miata yesterday. Boy that seat sucked. Still, kind of a downer as the car was really a good car, no problems in all. But, then getting in the Lil Guy, all that changed. Performance increase, sitting postion, radio all of it all in a completely different category. So, just wanted to pass this along to those that haven't received their Mini, and to those that have followed Lil Guy along these past two months. He has REALLY been worth the wait.

Attached Thumbnails

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group