1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:49 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great pics Hemi and that is one sweet JCW!!! I see you went with the Rooster Red seats and interior - I did the same on my Clubman too! Awesome!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:01 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Red leather seats and black cloth

Originally Posted by squonk
Great pics Hemi and that is one sweet JCW!!! I see you went with the Rooster Red seats and interior - I did the same on my Clubman too! Awesome!!!
Thank you for your kind words, we kind of like him too.

The Red leather and Black cloth seats were a late addition to the build. I, originally was just going to go with the cloth seats (they look pretty good too) but when I found out that the stock seats don't have the lumbar support, while just a little thing, that pushed me over the line. Plus, with the Red leather and Black cloth seats, you get the Chili, or any optional, dash and door ring included. So, the extra price of the seats isn't as bad as first thought of.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:08 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hemisedan
I hope that this goes thru, but here are some pictures of the Lil Guy thata I took this weekend. The middle one is at my home.

Point of interest: I turned on the Sport button, for just about one block today, and what can I say......WOW. Now keep in mind, I've driven 500+hp cars in my day, gone in the high 10's on the drag strip, but this Lil Guy impressed me. No, it's not a 10, 11, 12, or maybe even a 13 second car, but it does have torque and will turn those little 17" front donuts very easily. Anyway, I just thought that I'd pass this along. I'm keeping the Sport button hidden from myself until at least 1,000 miles, maybe longer to keep from getting crazy tickets.

Turned in the MX-5 Miata yesterday. Boy that seat sucked. Still, kind of a downer as the car was really a good car, no problems in all. But, then getting in the Lil Guy, all that changed. Performance increase, sitting postion, radio all of it all in a completely different category. So, just wanted to pass this along to those that haven't received their Mini, and to those that have followed Lil Guy along these past two months. He has REALLY been worth the wait.

Attached Thumbnails
Your JCW looks HOT! Enjoy

Old 11-02-2010, 05:20 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
Thanks all
My dealer and I had negotiated a price and it did not change. They would not confirm the existence of the incentive but stated that they had already negotiated down the car price ij good faith, and I agreed. If the incentive was a published, documented bonus to consumers that came direct from the factory than I would have pursued it. I believe it is marketing leverage granted dealers to work with without having to dent into their profit. Regardless, in our market here, for a new model year, I felt the -1000$usd off of msrp I had previously negotiated was a good deal and I was happy with it.
I would be happy with 1k off MSRP. My thinking is, with MINI, expect to pay MSRP, and be happy if you get something lower than that.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:53 AM
jcw666
2nd Gear
Hemi, congrats man .. Lil Guy is HOT .. enjoy man, now i really cant wait for my guy to arrive .. anyways take it easy

Old 11-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Sauron
2nd Gear
Lil guy looks really good hemi! Great combination. Have lots of fun motoring!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
hemisedan - clearly the long wait was worth it! Your car is stunning. Motor safely.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:59 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Sauron
squonk, let's hope we both get our MINIs as soon as possible!
- I'm sure your MINI is finished- my status hasn't been updated over the weekend either, and it's still listed on the phone as being in the paint shop, which it was on Friday.
Btw, what's the #1, #2 and #3 in your sig?
Oh yeah - I'll be calling again later today for another update!!! The completion date was supposed to be yesterday! I'm hoping for a Black Friday delivery, but it's looking like a close call...

There is a sticky somewhere about all of the shortcut names for colors and packages - that is where I got the 1, 2 & 3 stuff. My car has Sports, cold weather and premium packages + some other dodads.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:01 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Sport Button

Originally Posted by jcw666
Hemi, congrats man .. Lil Guy is HOT .. enjoy man, now i really cant wait for my guy to arrive .. anyways take it easy
Just watch out for that Sport Button, it really does wake up (as if a JCW really needs to be awakened) the Mini. Really surprised me In regular mode it went very nicely, I thought. Anyway, it's worth the wait, no matter how much anxiety we get.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:06 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
Just watch out for that Sport Button, it really does wake up (as if a JCW really needs to be awakened) the Mini. Really surprised me In regular mode it went very nicely, I thought. Anyway, it's worth the wait, no matter how much anxiety we get.
I was rather impressed with the test drive on the S and I didn't even try the sport button. I'll bet the sport button on the JCW has got to be fantastic. Hemi - get out there and get some more miles on the Lil Guy already!!!!

And I agree that the upgrade cost to the Rooster Red seats was a good value since you got the color line and lumbar included.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:06 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Delivery Date.

Originally Posted by squonk
Oh yeah - I'll be calling again later today for another update!!! The completion date was supposed to be yesterday! I'm hoping for a Black Friday delivery, but it's looking like a close call...

There is a sticky somewhere about all of the shortcut names for colors and packages - that is where I got the 1, 2 & 3 stuff. My car has Sports, cold weather and premium packages + some other dodads.
Squonk: Hang on there, it'll get here, then you forget all the anxieties that you are having now. They all disappear once you sign your life away in F&I. I still get the gitters when I think about the monthly payments. But, that's over with now.

If your Birthdate is this week, and you get on a ship by Monday, it should be real close but possible to get here and delivered by Black Friday. If you will notice my Birthdate, and delivery date, that's a good example. It all, really depends on when you catch the transport ship and get underway.

If you think that the anxiety stops when it gets on the ship, think again, that was the worst time for me. Sorry......

Old 11-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Hemi,

Sweet ride. Nice pics. It was definitely worth the wait!

-Clint

Old 11-02-2010, 09:54 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Thanks for all the kind words about Lil Guy. Yes, he was well worth the wait, and now it doesn't seem so important about the wait. JCW666, and Squank, the time will get here before you know it, and then, its over. You won't even think about it again.

Clint: Now I need to decide if I want to cut that hole in the firewall panel, or just get one pre cut. I'm kind of leaning on just cutting the hole, as taking that piece out might just be more than a simple unbolt/bolt in job. I'm not going to be selling this guy for a long, long time, so who's going care about the hole, not me. I'll be ordering that new DoS in a couple of weeks. Need to catch up, and not think about expenses again.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
Hemi, glad you finally got to post some pics! Our little JCW's will have to meet when I get back to Iowa in a couple of years. One thing though, I wish mine came with those scuttles. Mine are just chrome. I really despise chrome in every way imaginable. Sorry if anyone here owns a Harley I have to find me some better ones and start plasti-dipping all the chrome trim. Though don't know if I will be able to find that stuff in the Netherlands. Lil Guy looks sweet!!!
My first upgrade is going to be a tune, don't want to obviously void the warranty by throwing in a CAI or FAI. I'm at 1000km and I finally hit the sport button. Oh man the growl that comes out of the exhaust once its warmed up, awesome!

Old 11-02-2010, 10:12 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
JCW sport button

Originally Posted by Bloodycow
Hemi, glad you finally got to post some pics! Our little JCW's will have to meet when I get back to Iowa in a couple of years. One thing though, I wish mine came with those scuttles. Mine are just chrome. I really despise chrome in every way imaginable. Sorry if anyone here owns a Harley I have to find me some better ones and start plasti-dipping all the chrome trim. Though don't know if I will be able to find that stuff in the Netherlands. Lil Guy looks sweet!!!
My first upgrade is going to be a tune, don't want to obviously void the warranty by throwing in a CAI or FAI. I'm at 1000km and I finally hit the sport button. Oh man the growl that comes out of the exhaust once its warmed up, awesome!
Right, I know what you mean about the sport button. I thought that there was a bunch of power in Lil Guy, that is until I hit the sport button, just briefly this morning. What a difference.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:20 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
My car has been born!!! Wahoo!!! I'm not sure if it was the 1st or 2nd, doesn't really matter, but it is on it's way to the boat.

I watched that special last week about the Faust on HD Theater - great show! Now I'm hoping that my car has a smooth cruise to Brunzwick GA.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
JCW Scuttles

[quote=Bloodycow;3154574]Hemi, glad you finally got to post some pics! Our little JCW's will have to meet when I get back to Iowa in a couple of years. One thing though, I wish mine came with those scuttles. Mine are just chrome. I really despise chrome in every way imaginable. Sorry if anyone here owns a Harley I have to find me some better ones and start plasti-dipping all the chrome trim. Though don't know if I will be able to find that stuff in the Netherlands. Lil Guy looks sweet!!!

Thanks for the compliment, guess all us JCW guys are breed of a different sort. The JCW scuttles: The ones that I got are the stock optional JCW scuttles, that I think are being discontinued. Morristown Mini is discounting them, and I got them installed for $165. I'm like you, didn't like the chrome ones at all. Hello ebay.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:36 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
[quote=squonk;3154589]My car has been born!!! Wahoo!!! I'm not sure if it was the 1st or 2nd, doesn't really matter, but it is on it's way to the boat.

Squonk: CONGRATULATIONS, I know exactly how you feel. Such a relief when you see, or hear that it has been built and is now in transit to either the train or dock. Check with your Motor Advisor and they should be able to tell you what your VIN is and which ship it has a reservation with. Now, the truth in your patience begins. You will have about 7 days where you will NOT be able to track it, as it will be in the middle of the North Atlantic. The first you will see it on this side, is when it passes Nova Scotia. At that time, you WILL become even more excited, trust me, been there, done that and have the T-shirt.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:57 AM
ssalerno
Neutral
Frustrated: Waiting for the configuration update

My lease is up this month but I had to extend my lease until Mini Connected/Nav is available. Steve,"the" Mini guy at Hassel Mini in Freeport, NY told me to wait for the configuration to update before ordering as the option would be available in December builds from November orders. Well, its November but on Miniusa.com it's still "Motor-tober". Makes picking a color and interior combo even harder.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:59 AM
CFRM
2nd Gear
I'm very glad for you Hemi. The color combination looks very nice. I am also hiding the sport button until break-in is done. I wish you happy motoring!

Cheers!

Old 11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
SSalerno: Way to go there, that Mini Connect should be up there pretty soon. The sales staff at these dealers don't like to rush into options until they can see them on THEIR order form. Also, December is the first month of that new Blue color. Not a bad color, really.

CFRM: Thanks, and yes the Sport Button will be taped over until I get some miles on him. It really turns the power on, that I was surprised with.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:10 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
SSalerno: Im in the same boat as you. Hope its soon.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:29 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Squonk: CONGRATULATIONS, I know exactly how you feel. Such a relief when you see, or hear that it has been built and is now in transit to either the train or dock. Check with your Motor Advisor and they should be able to tell you what your VIN is and which ship it has a reservation with. Now, the truth in your patience begins. You will have about 7 days where you will NOT be able to track it, as it will be in the middle of the North Atlantic. The first you will see it on this side, is when it passes Nova Scotia. At that time, you WILL become even more excited, trust me, been there, done that and have the T-shirt.
Thanks Hemisedan. I emailed my MA and she said they did not know which ship it will be on. Hmm, maybe they don't know which one YET. Well I know that it will either be on the Manon or the Courage assuming it will be on one of WW's own ships. The Manon comes direct to Brunzwick (on the 22nd) and the Courage stops up North in a port or two first and gets to GA on the 24th.

I do have my VIN and tried to do a lookup on WW's site, but it comes back with No Records Found. I put the VIN into the Cargo ID field, right?

I think the black-out period on the ocean will be good for me - nothing that I can check. I'll just be here in the forums bouncing off the walls...

I'm glad that I bought my car out of state, it gives me a good excuse for an immediate road trip to bring it home.

Sadly, I still haven't settled on a nickname for it.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Squonk: Where did you buy it from? I got mine from Patricks, near Chicago, so it got a good break in run on Sunday of 356 miles. Remember to very the speed, and try not to use the cruise control much. I did, but slid the speed up and down. It sure didn't take much to increase speed when you want to go up five mph. Gets there in a hurry.

I had trouble finding my information on which ship too, and BGR Alex helped me with that. And, I had that information before my MA did too.

As for nicknames, you'll think of one, or your wife or girlfriend will. Don't tell you wife that your girlfriend picked out the name or you may lose the Mini. Just kidding. Good luck, and hope that a Typhoon or Hurricane won't pop up. Later.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:37 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
squonk, you will have to be a little patient for WW to show your r55s. mine was born and it took about a week for it to show up due to shipping schedules to the west coast. yours may show up sooner....

btw, what is options '1,2,3' you have there?

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group