1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 05:39 PM
gr8ful
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow,
It took a long time reading all 19 pages of this thread. This is my first post in NAM and ordered a R55s yesterday, I only have a prod.#at this stage. The waiting game is just srarting for me. Having a place like this makes the time bearable. Watched the mighty ship video last-really good stuff.

Anyone have pictures of a clubbie with W/Silver, white roof and silver trim? Ma says the silver trim is same color as the body.
My last Mini was a red 1969 Cooper S when I was stationed in Germany. Mini has come a long way. Thanks for the encouragement.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:28 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
so our car is still a no show. Our MA acted like there was a chance it would make it by end of day saturday. Then she said she had been "assured it was on a truck" on monday and felt sure it would come by the end of the day. Now here we are getting ready to be wednesday and car still hasnt arrived. We are starting to get upset because we feel like she should know or at least stop acting like she does. Do you think there is a chance that something has happened to it and they are just stalling? Wouldnt be that big of a deal it being just late if she hadnt been telling us it would be there for three days now. I have talked with her about my frustration and if it doesnt arrive tom i believe i will have a talk with her boss. My wife just wants her car.

Last edited by WoffordMini; 11-02-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:35 PM
capt fred
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by WoffordMini
so our car is still a no show. Our MA acted like there was a chance it would make it by end of day saturday. Then she said she had been assured it was on a truck on monday and felt sure it would come. No here we are getting ready to be wednesday and car still hasnt arrived. We are starting to get upset because we feel like she should know. Do you think there is a chance that something has happened to it and they are just stalling. Wouldnt be that big of a deal it being just late if she hadnt been telling us it would be there for three days now. I have talked with her about my frustration and if it doesnt arrive tom i believe i will have a talk with her boss. My wife just wants her car.
Our Minis arrived on the same ship. I was just notified that mine would arrive tomorrow (Wednesday) at Flow Mini in Raleigh.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:36 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
so our car is still a no show. Our MA acted like there was a chance it would make it by end of day saturday. Then she said she had been assured it was on a truck on monday and felt sure it would come. No here we are getting ready to be wednesday and car still hasnt arrived. We are starting to get upset because we feel like she should know. Do you think there is a chance that something has happened to it and they are just stalling. Wouldnt be that big of a deal it being just late if she hadnt been telling us it would be there for three days now. I have talked with her about my frustration and if it doesnt arrive tom i believe i will have a talk with her boss. My wife just wants her car.
Believe it or not, one person's MINI was loaded on the wrong ship last year. MINI USA kept the dealer in the dark.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:41 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
You know if she had just said it will be here wednesday or thursday or in five weeks we would have been fine. Its just she kept saying it would be there by the end of the day, since saturday.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:10 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
You know if she had just said it will be here wednesday or thursday or in five weeks we would have been fine. Its just she kept saying it would be there by the end of the day, since saturday.
Is there a way to find out if the car is at the dealer (1800MINI or Owner's Lounge)? I suspect the car is damaged at the dealership, and they are buying time to fix it. I hope I am wrong.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:11 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
1800 says it is at port awiating truck and ol still says at vdc

Old 11-02-2010, 07:17 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
1800 says it is at port awiating truck and ol still says at vdc
Weird. If I am the dealer and the car is at the VDC, I would just tell you the car is at the VDC and it needs to get processed. I would then go on to tell you I will call you when the car comes in. I certainly would not say it will be ready at the end of the day for like 3 days.

WoffordMini
1st Gear
but you would think if it is damaged at the dealer she would have never started telling me it be there by end of day. I hope she just has no idea what she is doing

WoffordMini
1st Gear
Old 11-02-2010, 07:19 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
i think she is just new and not wanting to disappoint. When it would just be better to say i will call when it comes in.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:26 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
i think she is just new and not wanting to disappoint. When it would just be better to say i will call when it comes in.
I hope that is the case. Keep us informed.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:05 PM
4RETECH
2nd Gear
My wife is an MA and I don't think she would ever say anything like that. She started out being a very enthusiastic owner and now is a very enthusiastic MA . Hope it works out for you.

She ordered her second Mini Cooper S yesterday. I think I am more excited than she is .

Old 11-02-2010, 10:27 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Crossing fingers for you Woff

And I haven't touched my sport button yet either. Well see how long I can resist!

Put my new scuttles on this morning though!

Old 11-03-2010, 01:23 AM
jcw666
2nd Gear
called the dealer to ask about my guy .. they said he should be at the port .. n i can take him by next week .. now i really really cant wait, but i will have coze i ordered som accessories n i dont want take it b4 installing them it will need around 2 weeks more i guess .. no worries i have been waiting from the end of july so these 2 weeks wont change anything

Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Squonk: Where did you buy it from? I got mine from Patricks, near Chicago, so it got a good break in run on Sunday of 356 miles. Remember to very the speed, and try not to use the cruise control much. I did, but slid the speed up and down. It sure didn't take much to increase speed when you want to go up five mph. Gets there in a hurry.

I had trouble finding my information on which ship too, and BGR Alex helped me with that. And, I had that information before my MA did too.

As for nicknames, you'll think of one, or your wife or girlfriend will. Don't tell you wife that your girlfriend picked out the name or you may lose the Mini. Just kidding. Good luck, and hope that a Typhoon or Hurricane won't pop up. Later.
I bought from MINI of Knoxville - just a quick 3 hour trip from my house. Yep, I'll be sure to break it in appropriately!! I bust a gut with your girlfriend/wife comment!!!

Originally Posted by cccplus
squonk, you will have to be a little patient for WW to show your r55s. mine was born and it took about a week for it to show up due to shipping schedules to the west coast. yours may show up sooner....

btw, what is options '1,2,3' you have there?
Patience? I hear you - I'll only be checking the WW site once a day.

I updated my sig as you were the second or third person to ask about that. There is a sticky thread in 1st gear about abbreviations for colors and packages that I was following... kinda silly.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:25 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
I'm sending good vibes your way! There is a simple explanation to all of this I'm sure - and if it's bad news, they should be straight with you on it. Hopefully your car is safe and sound!!

Old 11-03-2010, 07:38 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Think positive, it will turn out ok, believe me. The Owners Lounge is always late, they still have Lil Guy at the port in Southampton. Lil Guy is doing grea, he wants a birthday present of an M7 turbo shield. What do you think, is he deserving of it?

3 hour drive, that's just about perfect. My 6 hour drive was a bit much, from Chi-Town.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 AM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
We are going to be picking the mini up in about an hour. Hopefully our MA is just crazy and doesnt know what she was doing.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:06 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
Wofford - that is GREAT news!!! It is a bit bizarre about the communications though... Let us know how the delivery goes and some pics too! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:12 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
excellent!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Here's those blackjacks...

Old 11-03-2010, 09:15 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Wofford: Great, just one bit of advice, be careful around the F&I person. That lady almost wrecked my deal, if hadn't been for my MA, well Lil Guy might still be in Schaumburg.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Thirdrail.....nice Scuttles. I thought about those, but went with the JCW optional scuttles. Just can't stand the chrome scuttles.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:25 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear

Enlarge this and you can see the JCW Scuttles that I had added. What it really needs now is the black grille surround. Have to look and see how it is put together then decide on that. I can live with the rest of the chrome, I think.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group