1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 01:21 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I quite like the JCW mesh scuttle! And if you plastidip the chrome portion it can look pretty cool as well...

Yes, black grille surrounds are high on my list as well. They go together pretty easily. I did the entire grille assembly (and aero kit) on my last MINI. No worries. But you can also pull them and wrap them.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:51 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Met my wife during her 4 hour lunch break today to get the car. Everything went fine. Car looks good. She drove it a thousand miles an hour back to her job, about and hour drive, and i haven't seen it since. She may not ever come back. When she gets home we are taking it out to show our families. Got the extra thousand off and some rubber floor mats, not sure if they give those to everybody or just the upset people. We are going back on friday so she can teach my wife what all the buttons do. Looks like accessories for the French Bulldog are going to cost more than the car. If it ever makes it back we will take some pictures. It is probably the most basic custom order ever.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:57 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Have her try and take it easy on the engine during the break-in period!
Isn't this the best: the honeymoon with the new MINI!

Old 11-03-2010, 03:02 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
It is amazing how you can be going so fast and not even notice. I drove down the interstate for about 15 miles because i didnt trust her to do it. Then we switched and she drove the rest of the way and i went back to work. I looked down and i was going 80 but felt like i was barely moving.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:13 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WoffordMini
Met my wife during her 4 hour lunch break today to get the car. Everything went fine. Car looks good. She drove it a thousand miles an hour back to her job, about and hour drive, and i haven't seen it since. She may not ever come back. When she gets home we are taking it out to show our families. Got the extra thousand off and some rubber floor mats, not sure if they give those to everybody or just the upset people. We are going back on friday so she can teach my wife what all the buttons do. Looks like accessories for the French Bulldog are going to cost more than the car. If it ever makes it back we will take some pictures. It is probably the most basic custom order ever.
Congrats Glad you got the $1000 MINI incentive/rebate. Did you get a chance to take advantage of the 0.9% financing for Nov?

No such thing as basic custom order. Every MINI is great

Old 11-03-2010, 03:32 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
I am glad you finally got your car. Good to hear that everything went well. We are looking forward to the pictures.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:32 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
Thirdrail, how did you install the scuttles by yourself? Was it difficult of a diy? That looks really nice

Old 11-03-2010, 05:05 PM
CaptainJack Kidd
1st Gear
Super excited to join the thread, I've been waiting for MINI Connected to place my order.

Midnight Black JCW Clubman, Black Roof and Pillars, Rear Spoiler, Black Alloy Wheels, and Silver Sport Stripes
Leather Lounge Championship Red Seats, Color Line Carbon Black
White turn-signals, Xenon headlights, Black Driving Lights, and Rear Fogs
Sport Suspension
Harman-Kardon sound system, MINI Connected with Navigation
Black Jack Scuttles and Mirror Caps

Old 11-03-2010, 05:07 PM
MINIGEZR
3rd Gear
A good scuttle option that looks great for you guys as a suggestion is the Base Cooper scuttle. Solid black looks great and is a simple 5 minute switch out.

Hemi - your JCW looks awesome, congratulations

Old 11-03-2010, 10:57 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Cccplus
They are held on by four L-shaped tabs. Pop the bonnet, push towards the bonnet, and pop them gently free. Disconnect wiring and go!

I'm not shy with the exterior. On the last MINI I installed a receiver hitch behind the bumper, a complete aero kit and grilles, lots of stuff. Just have to be aware that most body tabs are easily broken and you may be visiting realoem.com for spares...

Old 11-04-2010, 07:08 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
WoffordMini : Did you MA tell you why there was the mix-up of when the car was going to be ready for you at the dealer? And congrats on your (wifes) new toy!

Old 11-04-2010, 07:20 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Going fast....

It is amazing how you can be going so fast and not even notice. I drove down the interstate for about 15 miles because i didnt trust her to do it. Then we switched and she drove the rest of the way and i went back to work. I looked down and i was going 80 but felt like i was barely moving.
I didn't have any trouble coming back from Chicago this weekend, but after I got home, well. Last evening, I had to go to the other side of Des Moines. Had to pay a bill at Kohls, and too the freeway. Yes, we have freeways in Des Moines, Iowa. Anyway, I thought that I was just catching up with traffic, lo and behold, I look at the speedometer and yes, me too....85+. I back it down to 60 and I feel like I have stopped.

Coming back, now I'm on I-80 and do the same. This car likes 85 and feels like 60, than any car I've ever been associated with. No, I didn't do this in 3rd gear, but in 6th, so the RPM's were around 3k. Lil Guy likes to buggggi.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:30 AM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by squonk
WoffordMini : Did you MA tell you why there was the mix-up of when the car was going to be ready for you at the dealer? And congrats on your (wifes) new toy!

Yea. they apologized she was just hopeful but should have never told it would be there.
Hey I went to college with a guy from Woodstock bet you know him"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-583477532_2074234704_564862421_1288877973224-1-.jpg

Old 11-04-2010, 07:33 AM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
Thats the only picture i got of my wife driving off and leaving me

Old 11-04-2010, 08:12 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
Hey I went to college with a guy from Woodstock bet you know himAttachment 50083
Nope - I'm a transplant from WI to GA in 2004.

Is that picture the last time you've seen the Mrs and the MINI???

Old 11-04-2010, 08:46 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Hahaha word balloon ftw

Old 11-05-2010, 06:23 AM
nxtMINI
2nd Gear
2011 Jcw

I finally got to order my 2011 MINI yesterday! I was waiting till MINI USA released MINI Connected for build.
Here's some info on my MINI: 2011 JCW, midnight black/chili red roof, cold weather package, adaptive headlights, black wheels, cloth seats, MINI Connected with Nav, black driving lights, rear fogs, universal garage opener, auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors, power fold mirrors, color line carbon black, chili red interior, rain sensor and auto headlights, H/K sound and that should about do it for the options. production will start week 49, most likely get it in Jan
Now I need to come up with a name for my MINI.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:34 AM
ssalerno
Neutral
????

Originally Posted by nxtMINI
I finally got to order my 2011 MINI yesterday! I was waiting till MINI USA released MINI Connected for build.
Here's some info on my MINI: 2011 JCW, midnight black/chili red roof, cold weather package, adaptive headlights, black wheels, cloth seats, MINI Connected with Nav, black driving lights, rear fogs, universal garage opener, auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors, power fold mirrors, color line carbon black, chili red interior, rain sensor and auto headlights, H/K sound and that should about do it for the options. production will start week 49, most likely get it in Jan
Now I need to come up with a name for my MINI.
Did your dealer have some special form to order with Mini Connected? My dealer told me I had to wait until the option appeared in the configuration.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:22 AM
chakram105
3rd Gear
Its in the dealer order guide now, so it can be ordered now. Just have your dealer check again.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
They are allowing black driving lights with the JCW's now? I thought that still wasn't an option. I know every other class of mini's can have them. I would have ordered them with mine. Gonna start feeling jaded

Old 11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
nxtMINI
2nd Gear
ssalerno: MINI Connected is not an option yet on MINI USA website, but the dealers ordering software has MINI Connected as an option.

Bloodycow: I had no idea you couldn't get black driving lights with JCW. They're installed at port in US, so if just ordered your MINI, you can still add those.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:05 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
My wife had Longboy today while I was at work, and actually called me to tell me that going back to the MINI was the best decision ever. She took the baby to swim class and ran some errands and found herself coming up with ins to do to avoid going home. I love it.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Sauron
2nd Gear
congratulations on the order nxtMini!

squonk, have you checked where your car is recently? Our mini was to be born Nov 4 and is now booked on the TOPEKA! (and yes, I put the VIN into cargo id in the WW site. Maybe we'll be coming across together

Should be across the pond Nov 17th...looking forward to it

Old 11-06-2010, 11:59 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
Sauron - I just checked the ASKMINI website and the automated phone system and both say my car is at the port waiting to ship and there is no more information available. I also put my VIN on the WW track and trace website and it tells me no records found. I put the VIN in the cargo ID field. How did you find out that you were on the Topeka? I suspect that since my car needs to go to the Brunzwick GA PDC that we may not be on the same ship. Congrats on your updated news!!!

Old 11-06-2010, 12:05 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Yep, the Topeka will be docking in Savanah GA and not Brunzwick. boo hoo - I don't think my car will know anyone on the cruise...

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group