1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all.
This will be my very first Mini and I am brand new to this forum.
It has been 9 days I placed an order, but I have not received any production number yet. Sales guys says it is due to the Mini Connect with Navi option that I ordered. well.. I just wish I would get this before Christmas.

Never knew waiting would be this painful...

Old 11-18-2010, 05:50 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
I ordered on Nov 8th and my MINI Cooper S Convertible with MINI Connect/Nav went into production today at 7am. Should be here by Christmas then.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:36 PM
FrizzyFighter
Neutral
Hey all. I've been lurking around here for ages. Guess I should actually post once in a while. I've got an '11 MCS coming in the next few weeks. Chili Red, black roof & mirrors, black bonnet stripes, black driving lamps, Premium package, and a few other things. Wondered if I had any shipmates around. Anyone else booked on the Independence 2? It just left Southampton Nov. 17 and I've been watching it like a hawk since it left port.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Frizzy: Now the fun really begins. First, if you haven't noticed already, you loose your ship for a week as it crosses the Northern Atlantic. Then it will show up, all of a sudden off the shores of Nova Scotia. Then it gets exciting again as you follow it down the Atlantic, going in and out of contact. Then, the 10 hour trip up the Chesapeake Bay. Good luck

Old 11-19-2010, 01:11 AM
FrizzyFighter
Neutral
Thanks. What really threw me was when, upon leaving the English Channel, the ship turned north and sailed up through the Irish Sea, instead of continuing to head westward toward the US. I figured there must be some reason for it to go so far north when it's heading straight for Baltimore, but I haven't a clue what that reason might be.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
I would think it's following the current to make for a faster trip.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:05 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Between the storms and the current, their route is rarely a to b this time of year... See if you can find the Mighty Ships episode on this line, on the HD channel. It's illuminating!

Old 11-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Orm
2nd Gear
Hi Guys!

Haven't heard anything from MiniUSA, but I did receive the Mini Adventure Field Kit today. Wasn't all that excited getting it, since I don't have a Mini to use the contents of the box for. It's like rubbing salt into wounds...

Old 11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Island maser
5th Gear
I am now waiting too. Weds.night I ordered a Black/Black with Black wheels JWC to replace to 2010 MCS. I have a production number but it was for a MSC I think thye are trying to change. I see a couple of Black JCW are scheduled to be made in early Dec. so I am hoping at this point to catch that build run.

Was thinking of doing the mods to my 10' but the car was missing to many things I wanted so I decided to step up. Was a stripper with Roof and Blu.

I going to do Flat Balck Racing stripes with thin gray pin stripes to accent the Black Jack Mirrors I am movign over from my 10'.

2011 JCW HardTop

Midnight Black Met with Matching Hat and Mirrors(Switching to Black JacK)
17" Black Alloys
Premium PKG
Roof
Auto Climate
HK Sound
Carbon Black Leatherette
Chrome Line Interior
Center Arm Rest
Heated Seats
Retractable Lead Light Washers
Rain Sensing wipers and Auto Head Lights
Xenon
White Turn Signals
Adaptive Xenon's
Mini Connect
Comfort Blu
Display Screen

Now the wait begins. Only the second car I have ordered from the factory.
Last one was a 95' Pontiac Firehawk which was my favorite car. Yes it was slower than some of Vettes and Z06 I had but way more fun. Loved to power slide sideways all squirely and out of control. Scared many a buyer with that car, LOL. Currently it is being challanged by my 2005 Maserati Coupe GT. She has a soul. She just needs to now log some years of faithful service and a few good stories. Been a great 1 and 1/2 years so far with no issues and cheap to run. Set of Tires and complete fluids change/service.She
is getting a reputation and can be seen in Sir Mix A Lots new Video CARZ which is currently on Itunes and the video(OFF the HOOK w/Cars all done local in the PNW) sound be on his You Tube channel any day now.

Looking forward to getting the new JCW in Jan. I think she will see some track days this spring.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:43 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Black on Black JCW

[quote=Island maser;3163076]I am now waiting too. Weds.night I ordered a Black/Black with Black wheels JWC to replace to 2010 MCS. I have a production number but it was for a MSC I think thye are trying to change. I see a couple of Black JCW are scheduled to be made in early Dec. so I am hoping at this point to catch that build run.

Was thinking of doing the mods to my 10' but the car was missing to many things I wanted so I decided to step up. Was a stripper with Roof and Blu.

Sure a change, from an almost base MCS to a loaded JCW. It'll be a nice unit. Mine isn't as loaded as yours, but I'm having fun with it. No real issues with it so far with 600 miles on it. Just enjoying it, using it for what it was bought for, to drive it. I changed out of the runflats, to winter tires on my Black Challenge wheels. They're nice wheels, but really heavy in compared with OZ's and others. I think that I'm just going to keep my Michelin ICE's on them, and get OZ's for the good weather. Nice car you have coming.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:11 AM
ssalerno
Neutral
Finally, decided on a Clubman S and placed the order.

Hi all,

Well, after many weeks of configurating, I finally placed an order last night to replace my 2007 British Racing Green w white roof MCS. My new Chili red with black roof Clubman S will be arriving in 6 weeks. So, an after Christmas present or a nice way to start the New Year, depending how you look at it. As much as I adored my hatch, I decided to give the Clubman S a shot for a small change of pace. Black lounge leather, striped alloy, red color line, chrome interior, JCW mats, Spoiler, Premium package, Mini Connect with Nav, black Xenon, white turn, Black wheels (only 16" as none of the really nice black 17", MINI Tattoo Glorious, Union Jack mirror caps, bumper protection, Black racing stripes, wheels could be ordered with All Seasons- one was available but not in the Sport package and not that I liked anyway.
My old car was named Nigel. My new car is to be called Trevor. Boy- am I'm a car geek. Can't wait.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:52 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Nice work! As an MCS --> Clubman S convert myself, I have to tell you: you won't miss the MCS I don't think...

Old 11-20-2010, 07:23 PM
gr8ful
4th Gear
Mine went to statis "151" bodyshop on the 19 with est production date of 24 nov. I feel like it's a person now cause it has a vin. The wait is tuff, but it is worth getting the car with your exact preferences
My $0.02 worth.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
My R60 MCS All4 finally went in to production today!

Old 11-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Sauron
2nd Gear
Congratulations!! Mine is still somewhere in the transport - like squonk I can't trace it via the WW site- don't know what ship it's on.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:44 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Midnight Blue!

Hey Sauron - I sure hope your car is not still at the port in Southampton! Surely it is not!!

My car should be either arriving at the VDC today or this Thursday. Every time I ask my dealer for this information, they ignore the emails or tell me that they have to check with SM who is the only one who can look that up on the computer and then they never get back with me.

In theory, I should be able to take delivery this Friday assuming my car was on the Manon and docks today.

I'm frustrated at the lack of response from the dealer....

Old 11-22-2010, 08:23 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Yay Squonk, you're so close!!!

I'm stoked also to read that pre-ordered R60s are shipping, too!

Old 11-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
I placed an order with the dealer on 11/9, and I still have not received production number yet. they are saying that it is due to the mini connect w/ navi on HT. is there anyone else waiting for production number who ordered MCS HT with Mini connect w/ navi?
I was also counting on the special financing (0.9%) (I hope would last until the end of this year)... If I would receive the car sometime in next year I rather buy something out of their lot rather than get hit with the higher fees from the financing.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:49 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Bruinjustin
I placed an order with the dealer on 11/9, and I still have not received production number yet. they are saying that it is due to the mini connect w/ navi on HT. is there anyone else waiting for production number who ordered MCS HT with Mini connect w/ navi?
I was also counting on the special financing (0.9%) (I hope would last until the end of this year)... If I would receive the car sometime in next year I rather buy something out of their lot rather than get hit with the higher fees from the financing.
there's a very high likely hood that the 0.9% finance will continue onto December since MINI is facing more competition and the sales season is just slow right now. who knows, you may benefits from better incentive offers in December/Jan. so, don't worry too much

Old 11-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
thank you. hopefully I will get the car before Christmas. That would be my Christmas present.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Island maser
5th Gear
I have connect witout Nav. and I ordered last Thursday. Sunday the Vin was in the system and Nov. 30 completion date. I will call tomorrow to see if I can get more info talking live to someone.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Sauron
2nd Gear
Hi Squonk,

Well, I haven't pushed the dealer on this since I'm going to be travelling after thanksgiving and won't be able to pick up the car till almost mid-Dec! (Not that it matters much - the car would just be in my garage instead of the dealers) Is the timeline from docks to your doorstep just four days? That's pretty good.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:41 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
I heard back form the dealer and the clubbie should be arriving at the dealer tomorrow! Wahoo!!! So the plan is to pick it up on Friday. Sweet!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Peanut61
Banned
hey Squonk, I did go to HelenBlitz last year before I got my JCW. I would like to do more with MiniAtlanta

Old 11-23-2010, 02:24 PM
kookmyers
4th Gear
MINI USA told me my Clubman was completed today!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group