1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 08:51 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wahoo I have my new clubman!! She is terrific! A pic or two will be forthcoming. She already has 250 miles on her. Oh man does she pull on the freeway! I'm not crazy about the iPod interface for scrolling to artists late in the alphabet. My poor Yes may not get a lot of play... More thoughts tomorrow.

And the dealer refused to give me any of the incentive money but I am still happy with the deal that I got.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Peanut61
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let's see some pictures of your new arrival

Old 11-28-2010, 08:00 AM
gr8ful
4th Gear
Cool, you did not have to leave without the Mini and go through the wait process again.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:10 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Here is a shot I took of my new r55s yesterday at the dealer. This was before they finished prepping it. More to follow...

I was just outside getting more acquainted with the audio and interior. When I got out I noticed the brake dust (more on the rear wheels). Woah - brake dust after only 260 miles? Yeah, I know the factory pads are dusty...

Funny thing, my car was the first one that the dealer has had come in with the black headlights. Everyone was oohing and ahing over them. I promptly asked the who orders their inventory cars and why they don't do a better job of getting in the latest options like this. The SM and GM do that ordering and, well, they are not creative people. The three salesman where saying how they could sell more cars with x y and z options, but they won't order them. All too typical I reckon'.

Have a great week y'all!

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-first-clubman-pic.jpg  
Old 11-28-2010, 02:22 PM
CaptainJack Kidd
1st Gear
squonk, that's a great looking Clubbie. My dealer CenturyMini in Greenville SC had a White Silver with black headlights it sold immediately. It was the only MINI on the lot with the black headlights.

I got a feeling many dealers could use some help spec'ing cars.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Still Waiting

My 2011 Chili Red MCS has been "awaiting transport" for 9 days now. I'm
Calling ASKMINI Monday. I also opted for the blacked out headlights which
will be a first for MINI of Charleston. I think it will look good with the black
roof/side mirrors, especially after I replace the headlight chrome and scuttle with black vinyl and the grill and grill chrome with JCW parts.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Eventually I will black vinyl the gas cap, rear lights and belt line. I'm also planning on the M7 aerogel heat shield, DDM street intake and ram air scoop. Thoughts on that set up anyone? I don't want to spend too much money mor do I need 300 horses. Can the DDM street intake be used with a foam filter without giving me warning lights I would rather use foam than K&N.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:27 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
R55

Originally Posted by squonk
Here is a shot I took of my new r55s yesterday at the dealer. This was before they finished prepping it. More to follow...

I was just outside getting more acquainted with the audio and interior. When I got out I noticed the brake dust (more on the rear wheels). Woah - brake dust after only 260 miles? Yeah, I know the factory pads are dusty...

Funny thing, my car was the first one that the dealer has had come in with the black headlights. Everyone was oohing and ahing over them. I promptly asked the who orders their inventory cars and why they don't do a better job of getting in the latest options like this. The SM and GM do that ordering and, well, they are not creative people. The three salesman where saying how they could sell more cars with x y and z options, but they won't order them. All too typical I reckon'.

Have a great week y'all!
Hey, great to see that you have your R55 now. I really like the one color on the clubman. Not that the two tone isn't all right, to me the solid color works better.

About options, these dealers are afraid of anything out of the norm it appears. Your dealer isn't alone in that. But the one thing that it seems that they all have jumped on is the Spicey Orange. It seems that all the dealers have at least one of those on the lot. Back East, when we were there in late September, they had one car with the blackened headligthts, a just a Cooper Clubman in Silver/White with the black headlights. All the S's they had there and none had the black headlights.

Lil Guy is doing great. My wife kids me about always dusting him off with the Califonia Duster. As for brake dust, I haven't noticed all that much, yes some, but not as bad as I expected. There might be a difference between the Brembo Brakes and standard Mini Cooper brakes. I polished my wheels up on Tuesday, and they still aren't bad yet.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:26 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Melangell
My 2011 Chili Red MCS has been "awaiting transport" for 9 days now. I'm
Calling ASKMINI Monday. I also opted for the blacked out headlights which
will be a first for MINI of Charleston. I think it will look good with the black
roof/side mirrors, especially after I replace the headlight chrome and scuttle with black vinyl and the grill and grill chrome with JCW parts.
Congrats on your car being built! Chances are, your car is no longer waiting in Southampton and the website is simply not up to date. ASKMINI told me that once the car leaves the plant, they are no longer able to give updates and that you need to ask the dealer for tracking. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did - my dealer would never tell me the ship that my car was on. I looked up the shipping schedules by port on the WW shipping site. It won't be long now for you - hang in there!!!

Old 11-28-2010, 07:27 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CaptainJack Kidd
squonk, that's a great looking Clubbie. My dealer CenturyMini in Greenville SC had a White Silver with black headlights it sold immediately. It was the only MINI on the lot with the black headlights.

I got a feeling many dealers could use some help spec'ing cars.
Thanks Captain Jack! That White Silver package is gorgeous!

Old 11-28-2010, 07:33 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Hemi - I agree - my preference was, obviously , for a body colored roof.

I had to google up the California Car duster. I gather it works like a champ?

No brake dust to notice? Maybe you have been washing your car a lot. So yeah, I've had my car (which still does not have a name... ) for only 30 hours and 300 miles and it's ready to have the wheels cleaned. I've heard the factory brake pads are known to be dirty.

Oh wait, you have a JCW, right? Maybe your brakes pads are not as dusty.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:40 PM
gr8ful
4th Gear
My Clubbie is hanging out at Southhampton also, got there about a week ago. If it does not get on a boat soon it will be 2011 before I can bring him home.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:53 AM
nxtMINI
2nd Gear
I checked the status of my MINI last night online and it changed to scheduled for production! Called ASKMINI this morning and I got an estimated production end date of 12/8/2010! Can't wait to finally drive my MINI.

Squonk: congrats on finally getting your R55! Looks great!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:08 AM
yadigme
2nd Gear
Spoke with the dealership this morning and I finally have a VIN and production number . I went to the site though; input my information and got denied . Does anyone know if there is a time delay for that information to be updated in their database or am I doing something completely wrong. Thanks in advance for any help that is provided.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Peanut61
Banned
very nice Squonk, have you driven on 140 from Canton to Adairsville? nice curvey drive to I-75....I drive it several times a week. see you around in Woodstock

Old 11-29-2010, 07:55 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Midnight Black/Chili Red JCW

[QUOTE=nxtMINI;3167068]I checked the status of my MINI last night online and it changed to scheduled for production! Called ASKMINI this morning and I got an estimated production end date of 12/8/2010! Can't wait to finally drive my MINI.

Get ready to draw attention to your car when it comes in. My Lil Guy certainly draws a crowd. Just not many JCW's let alone ones with this combination.

Calling ASKMINI is the best way to find out how things are going, up until it arrives at the dock, then just figure on 10 days to your POE, yours will probably POE at Baltimore, like mine did. New York, I believe, is only for the New England area. Now the wait begins.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:36 AM
nxtMINI
2nd Gear
Hemisedan: Yeah POE is Baltimore; not may JCW's here either especially that combo

yadigme: give it about a day or so before you can input your VIN # to Owner's lounge. But for more up to date status of your MINI, call 1-866-ASKMINI Good luck!

Old 11-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Island maser
5th Gear
Finished production and final QC. Waiting to get shipped to the port and assigned a ship. Still looks like the next ship is the Falstaff on the 8th.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:46 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Island maser
Finished production and final QC. Waiting to get shipped to the port and assigned a ship. Still looks like the next ship is the Falstaff on the 8th.
Yay, I was told by AskMINI, that my car is at the port. They are done with tracking it now. Its looks like the next boat to NYC port is on the 8th too. Hope to make that one, then deilvery by the end of the month. Hope for great deals from MINI for Dec.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Island maser
5th Gear
CA is 21 days so I will be mid to late Jan for delivery I would bet. I am thinking Jan is ussually a very slow car month so hopeful the deal will remain the same or get better. Will be checking on Weds, LOL.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Squonk, you were 100% correct! My Mini shipped out 27 Nov on K Line: SS Bosporus Highway. ETA in Brunswick GA is 8 December!!!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:21 PM
gr8ful
4th Gear
Melangell, how did you find out your boat ride? Last I heard mine was at the port awaiting shipment to Brunswick . Been there since 24-25.
<[[[><
Bruce

Old 11-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
gr8ful, my MA called me and gave me the info. I had been bothering her a couple times a week. My Mini waited at the dock from the 20th to the 27th. I had been trolling the WW site hoping to see it on a manifest.. Figures that mine is shipping via K Line!

Old 12-01-2010, 04:58 AM
gr8ful
4th Gear
I put my vin# on the WW tracking site a coupe of times a day and the same disheartening message apears "NO RECORD FOUND". I will call on Thursday cause it's his day off.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:48 AM
squonk
3rd Gear
Melangell - So you were on K Line! Huh. I'm guessing that I must have been too since I never got a response from the WW site. And my MA was worthless in getting me any information on the shipment. Glad to hear that yours is on its way!!!

gr8ful - I sure hope your r55s is on a K Line ship as well so that you get it soon!

I've almost got 400 miles on my car and it is wonderful!! I'm now 100% proficient with the wipers with 1.5 days of rain here.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group