1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 01:30 PM
phantasms
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
So the tracker updated today to tell me my JCW is en route. Then something about the cruise being a blast and it being at the pool side bar getting all too drunk, slapping jailbait ***, pissing in the pool and dirtying the chests of all too many separated women in some kind of inner search of a soul hoping to find acceptance and fight the horrors of it's childhood. Hopefully it doesn't drive off the side.

Anyone know what boat it would be on? It's coming to the NJ port.

Last edited by phantasms; 12-15-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Island maser
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine finally updated today also. it has been on the water for a week heading for the ditch and CA. At least when I see the boat on the map I can see the America's now. Still 2 or 3 days from the Islands. Looks like head winds the whole way so far. But narrowed down what my first mods will be.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 PM
phantasms
5th Gear
So not only did the Mini tracker update today, but my car is nearly here. I had checked the tracker in the morning and it said awaiting transport. Now I just check again and it's on the Fidelo, which left on the 8th and should be here the 18th. Anyone else on the Fidelo? Look for an angry black guy with red hair and a really big turbo.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:18 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by phantasms
So not only did the Mini tracker update today, but my car is nearly here. I had checked the tracker in the morning and it said awaiting transport. Now I just check again and it's on the Fidelo, which left on the 8th and should be here the 18th. Anyone else on the Fidelo? Look for an angry black guy with red hair and a really big turbo.

I'm on the Fidelio, coming to NYC port as well. But mine is laser blue S Convertible.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:29 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats to you all. It's always nice to have good surprises when it comes time for your Mini to bet on the boat. Tracking is fun when it's ahead of the schudule that you thinks yours is on. It hasn't been all that long ago when my Lil Guy was in your postion. Not long now.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:32 AM
nxtMINI
2nd Gear
Carter is on the Courage making his way across the Celtic Sea currently. Should be in Baltimore 12/25/2010. I'm hoping to see him in person by the end of this year, we shall see.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Island maser
5th Gear
My ship is about 2 days sailning away from the Islands. Warmer temp is now in the 70's and it getting close to 80 during the day. I wish I was on the cruise. Does anyone no if MINI has a Euro delivery where you can drive over there for a few weeks and then ship it home?

Old 12-16-2010, 06:54 AM
chakram105
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by nxtMINI
Carter is on the Courage making his way across the Celtic Sea currently. Should be in Baltimore 12/25/2010. I'm hoping to see him in person by the end of this year, we shall see.
YAY

Old 12-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Island maser
5th Gear
I see they are working on it. I didn't want to wait this time but would be a reason to order a new one in a couple of years.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:54 AM
CaptainJack Kidd
1st Gear
Captain Jack… finished production on the 13th and OL updated as awaiting transport on the 14th… I'm hoping he was booked on the Courage departing on the 15th, but WW is not showing any records :(

Just curious how many owners MINI's have arrived at port and make the ship on the same day…?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Island maser
5th Gear
It would be very tight for sure. Depends what boat they booked it on. If the car is sold that seems to be very early on even before production begins. If it makes that boat is another story. Since your car is sold and you might have a shot at taking delivery before years end they want to get you that car. Enter the vin the day the shipping is departing. I could see mine 30 minutes after it was loaded on the ship in there log.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:16 AM
CaptainJack Kidd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Island maser
It would be very tight for sure. Depends what boat they booked it on. If the car is sold that seems to be very early on even before production begins. If it makes that boat is another story. Since your car is sold and you might have a shot at taking delivery before years end they want to get you that car. Enter the vin the day the shipping is departing. I could see mine 30 minutes after it was loaded on the ship in there log.
thanks… that would make sense. I'll keep trying :-)

Old 12-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
How accurate are those trackers?
I was informed by ASKMINI today that my mini at the port/compound waiting to be shipped. however, when I went on Mini Owner's Lounge and click on tracker, it states that it is schedule for production. -_-;;

is there anyone else waiting for R56 with mini navi to be delivered?
does anyone know how long does it take the car at the port to be delivered to West Coast if everything goes smoothly?

Old 12-16-2010, 05:06 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Bruinjustin
I was informed by ASKMINI today that my mini at the port/compound waiting to be shipped. however, when I went on Mini Owner's Lounge and click on tracker, it states that it is schedule for production. -_-;;

does anyone know how long does it take the car at the port to be delivered to West Coast if everything goes smoothly?
AskMINI is the most up to date, besides dealer. The OL is last to update. I think its 25 days on the boat to West coast. Then goes to VDC (could be 2 days to 2 weeks, depending) then to dealer (how close you are to the VDC and truck ride). So maybe 35-45 days once it gets on a boat. I have a MINI on the Fidelio, that gets into NYC port on sat morning. Mine has MINI Connect and NAV. East coast is 7-10 days on a boat, so West coast takes much longer.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:24 AM
phantasms
5th Gear
Originally Posted by chakram105
AskMINI is the most up to date, besides dealer. The OL is last to update. I think its 25 days on the boat to West coast. Then goes to VDC (could be 2 days to 2 weeks, depending) then to dealer (how close you are to the VDC and truck ride). So maybe 35-45 days once it gets on a boat. I have a MINI on the Fidelio, that gets into NYC port on sat morning. Mine has MINI Connect and NAV. East coast is 7-10 days on a boat, so West coast takes much longer.
Same here. I think we'll be one of the first few with the NAV. I'll have to put my reviewers hat on.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:11 AM
nxtMINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Bruinjustin

Once the car gets to the port, ASKMINI won't give you much info anymore. If your MINI will get booked on the WW line you'll be able to get more info than if booked on K-Line. My MINI (with MINI Connected and Nav ) got to the port 12/8; on 12/10 WW had my VIN as their cargo ID and was supposed to leave on Taiko on 12/11, but he didn't make it (not sure why) so my MINI went out on 12/15. So all in all my MINI was at the port for 7 days. OL is pretty much useless, ASKMINI is updated regularly.
Once you find out what ship your MINI is on, WW site will give you an ETA of when your MINI will arrive at POE (point of entry)

Last edited by nxtMINI; 12-17-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Island maser
5th Gear
Both are pretty slow too update and the phone give more info to start. Once it leaves the factory both are pretty useless. Mine sat for a week at the port waiting for a ride west. I knew more than they knew to me honest. You have to play detective. My Mini was finished 10 days after ordering and sat in South Hampton waiting for the Falstaff to pick her up. I looked at the WW shipping schedule and that was the next boat going to CA. MINI OL , Ask MINI and my dealer have no clue what boat is is even on. They just say in transport. By the time you hear it is at the VDC it will most likely be at the dealer or your garage. Travel to the west coast direct is 20 to 21 days depend on the ship, its speed and weather. My ship might have lost a day crossing the Atlantic, she had head winds the whole way slowing her a couple of knots. I figured out which boat it made sense she woudl be on and tracked it. I watched stop in sewveral countries and then head to Southampton. Interestingly it avoided French waters completely going hours out of the way to avoid crossing. Waste of fuel in todays world for sure. I found that very interesting and surprising having owned a yacht. It makes a stop in Panama and then up the west coast after crossing the big ditch.
I could see my vin listed on the ship 30 minutes after it was loaded. Mini can only confirm it is in transit. God luck. It is pretty fun tracking the ship and its progress. You will need to use the 2 tracking sites. Only one works in the open waters of the Atlantic and updates every 6 hours of so.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:35 PM
CaptainJack Kidd
1st Gear
My JCW Clubbie with MINI Connected and Nav made it to the port on the 14th and I've confirmed with my MA today that he's still there.

Next vessels leaving for Brunswick are the 22nd or the 23rd. Hope there's room.

Also FYI… I've been told driving lights are on-hold for install at the VDC for the 2011's.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:27 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
With my Lil Guy, that was back in October, when I received from my dealer the reservation for him to board ship, the reservation was made two days before I even ordered him from the dealer. I was told by my dealer that reservation are made in advance on anticipation of sales and builds. My JCW was barely one day at the Southampton port, then 8 days to New York, and another day to Baltimore. Fedora was my boat and it is pretty new, 2 years old, so it is faster than most. Makes a difference, especially if going to the West Coast.

I had very good luck, before being at the dock, with the Calling ASKMINI. They seemed to be a day ahead of OL. Just my experience.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Island maser
5th Gear
My Mini is in the Islands Mon. Wish I was there too. It lost over a day of travel time crossing the Atlantic. She has a 19 Knot tail wind now but not enough ocean to make up the time unless she gets a speedy passage through ditch.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
how can you track your mini in that detail?
is there web link for it? wow.. that's just amazing..

Old 12-19-2010, 12:34 PM
smylekids
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Island maser
My Mini is in the Islands Mon. Wish I was there too. It lost over a day of travel time crossing the Atlantic. She has a 19 Knot tail wind now but not enough ocean to make up the time unless she gets a speedy passage through ditch.
She on the Falstaff? Mine is. A little over a day until the ship reaches the canal, then to CA.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Island maser
5th Gear
Falstaff is running bit behind. Not due in till Tues. at 8AM PST. Lost more than a day on the crossing. I use the two ship tracking sites posted in the
tracking your Mini thread.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:36 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
Mine is in NYC now, got off the Fidelio. Hope for quick VDC turn around and up to my dealer! Prob get this week or next week.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:44 AM
phantasms
5th Gear
Same here. What dealership are you getting it from?

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group