1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:27 PM
gr8ful
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt Jack,
I just got a R55 and tried to get the driving lamp kit. The grill mounts for the 2011 S is way back ordered. Lamps, switches but no mounting brackets.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 PM
azOrange
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gr8ful
Capt Jack,
I just got a R55 and tried to get the driving lamp kit. The grill mounts for the 2011 S is way back ordered. Lamps, switches but no mounting brackets.
I was told the same for the R56 lamp kit. The grill is the hold-up. When I asked for an time estimate on the backorder my MA claimed ignorance. Were you given an estimated date ?

I find it odd that 2011's have been available for so long yet we haven't seen these parts yet.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Charlie Victor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by azOrange
I was told the same for the R56 lamp kit. The grill is the hold-up. When I asked for an time estimate on the backorder my MA claimed ignorance. Were you given an estimated date ?

I find it odd that 2011's have been available for so long yet we haven't seen these parts yet.
Apparently the design of the grill holes changed for the 2011 update. You could use a 2010 grill with the light tabs, but the size/shape of the grill hexagons would be different.

I ordered a JCW grill for my 2011 R55S from Outmotoring, and the one they sent fit fine. I see that they also offer the grill with mounting tabs for lights; would that work for you guys? The part number they show for a JCW grill with mounting tabs for an S is 63130422706 at $109.95

Update: I checked Outmotoring's site, and they now list the 2011 update S grill with or without mounting tabs as well as the JCW grill with or without tabs:

JCW grill

2011 'Update' grill (no idea of the backorder status)

The picture below shows the JCW grill above the 2011 S grill

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-p1140798.jpg  

Last edited by Charlie Victor; 01-11-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added pic of JCW & 2011 grills
Old 01-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
I have one question;
is it normal that dealer is asking for your credit application even before the car gets to the dealer?
my dealer is insisting me to submit credit application to speed up the process when the car gets there. but I dont know why I should do that.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:36 PM
thejoberg
Neutral
Originally Posted by Bruinjustin
I have one question;
is it normal that dealer is asking for your credit application even before the car gets to the dealer?
my dealer is insisting me to submit credit application to speed up the process when the car gets there. but I dont know why I should do that.
My dealer asked before she even put the order in. I had refused to unless she could lock in the 0.9% promotion rate. She wouldn't, so we ordered the clubbie without a credit application.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
My dealer also had me fill out an app prior to order. I filled one out.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Charlie Victor
4th Gear
Originally Posted by biggripper
My dealer also had me fill out an app prior to order. I filled one out.
Same here - Seems to be standard practice.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Island maser
5th Gear
Filled mine out after the car showed up. Was done on line. He said they have new rules etc. The scoring they do seems wrong. It didn't effect me becaus eI have a land line still. If you only have a Cell phone your score goes down because they have to firm address to track you too. So stupid. Just reason for people to pay more interest. You track record and abiilty to pay should be the only criteria they should be able to use. I missed .9 by one day because of the snow storm on grapevine out of LA. Cost me $1200.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:47 PM
thejoberg
Neutral
Originally Posted by Island maser
Filled mine out after the car showed up. Was done on line. He said they have new rules etc. The scoring they do seems wrong. It didn't effect me becaus eI have a land line still. If you only have a Cell phone your score goes down because they have to firm address to track you too. So stupid. Just reason for people to pay more interest. You track record and abiilty to pay should be the only criteria they should be able to use. I missed .9 by one day because of the snow storm on grapevine out of LA. Cost me $1200.
GAAAH!!! i missed .9% by 3 days, cost me $1500 . I applied for the loan after my car arrived last week (still haven't picked it up because the dealer kinda screwed up with wheels/tires). I didn't even use my cell number, I had used my google voice number and still qualified for the 2.9%.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Island maser
5th Gear
Have to be over 700 I think. An insurance company told me one time I had to pay a high rate than was quoted because of credit score they said. i said show me the report and I do not qualify exactly who does. Never heard back and the rate remained as quoted. Dumped them fast,lol.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Well If you pay off early, you would pay less for the interest, no?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:01 PM
jcsoccer12
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got lucky and was able to lock in the 0.9%. Filled out my credit application on the 31st, taking delivery on Friday.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jcsoccer12
I got lucky and was able to lock in the 0.9%. Filled out my credit application on the 31st, taking delivery on Friday.
so you were able to lock the rates by filling out credit application early?

I thought locking rate is not possible.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:00 PM
jcsoccer12
1st Gear
so you were able to lock the rates by filling out credit application early?

I thought locking rate is not possible.
I was supposed to have completed the deal and taken delivery on the 31st, but there were some complications. As per one of the latest emails from my MA, I am still eligible for the 0.9% (it's now at 2.9%).

Old 01-11-2011, 11:00 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
Details please. We've all been told this wasn't possible. I filled out my credit app in November. They told me it was not lockable.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:09 PM
jcsoccer12
1st Gear
Originally Posted by biggripper
Details please. We've all been told this wasn't possible. I filled out my credit app in November. They told me it was not lockable.
See above post. Maybe I just got lucky. I hope I don't show up on Friday and have them come at me with a 2.9% interest rate. My father and I will be quite angry if they do.

My only guess is the short period of time between credit app and delivery. This is also a Mini that's been sitting in their garage since September. Maybe they're doing everything they can to push it out. Wonder why there was no love for a CR/B Justa...

Old 01-11-2011, 11:31 PM
smylekids
2nd Gear
I've been waiting 8 weeks for my car. My MA will NOT lock in the interest rate until I take delivery. I filled out the credit application, but he did not run the credit check until I told him too.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:21 AM
MissMoxie
2nd Gear
See above post. Maybe I just got lucky. I hope I don't show up on Friday and have them come at me with a 2.9% interest rate.
Unfortunately, chances are pretty good that you're going to be told it's 2.9%. The only way the dealerships are able to offer the 0.9% this month is either if they can get that rate from an outside source or if MINI Financial grants a special exception... such as a car getting damaged or delayed in such a way that they're able to prove that the delivery would've taken place by Jan 3rd, when the promotion ended. It is all case-specific, but MINI Financial has the final say on the rate, not really the MA or the dealership. Sorry. I certainly hope they can make an exception though!

Old 01-12-2011, 05:42 AM
MissMoxie
2nd Gear
Finally took delivery of my new boy yesterday, 1/11/11... mere hours before we got hit with another snowstorm here in NJ.

Here are his basic stats...

Name: Minja
Type: 2011 MCS
Options: all packages, 17" conical spoke black alloy wheels, black headlights, rear fogs, sport suspension, chrome line interior, anthracite headliner, carbon black interior and color line, HK sound system, MINI Connected w/ nav

And of course, some pics...

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-minja01.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-minja02.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-minja03.jpg  
Old 01-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Originally Posted by MissMoxie
Finally took delivery of my new boy yesterday, 1/11/11... mere hours before we got hit with another snowstorm here in NJ.

Options: all packages, 17" conical spoke black alloy wheels, black headlights, rear fogs, sport suspension, chrome line interior, anthracite headliner, carbon black interior and color line, HK sound system, MINI Connected w/ nav
Congrats! Thanks for the pics. Quite a departure from your previous MINI.

Good work on the timely update to your sig as well.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:06 AM
MissMoxie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Gil-galad
Good work on the timely update to your sig as well.
LOL thanks... I couldn't resist

Originally Posted by Gil-galad
Quite a departure from your previous MINI.
Really? Are they that different?

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-moxielastpic.jpg  
Old 01-12-2011, 10:04 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
That's quite a nice looking Minja!

Old 01-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear

That is one hot sexy mini.

Is there anyone who named their mini "chilibomb"?
Well... That is gonna be my mini's name!

Old 01-12-2011, 12:38 PM
yadigme
2nd Gear

Very nice!!! Seems that quite a few people are getting the black on black combo ( me included ). Both of ours were born on the same day ! Happy motoring!

Old 01-12-2011, 12:44 PM
MissMoxie
2nd Gear
That is one hot sexy mini.
Is there anyone who named their mini "chilibomb"?
Thank you! ...and I love the name!

Originally Posted by yadigme
Very nice!!! Seems that quite a few people are getting the black on black combo
2011 was the perfect year to get black on black... especially interior-wise. No more gray plastic on the steering wheel, doors, console, etc. It looks amazing with everything black and nothing else there to break it up. And, how could i leave this out... the black headlights are perfect (and no more joey modding them yourself in an oven. lol)

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group