1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biggripper
Everyone, I'd like you to meet Dash. He's finally at the dealer!

Congratz!!!
She is one sexy looking JCW.
you will enjoy more driving it than looking at it.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
Mine's at the port, waiting for some kind ship captain to come bring it to me! Yippee!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 06:19 AM
days-like-this
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Bruinjustin
Thank you. thank you.
I love the way my chili bomb looks and I love how it drives. Looking forward to drive everyday and every moment.
She is still under "brake-in" period and just drove about 250 miles on it so far.
---
Oh they don't?
What's up with all the commercials they've been advertising for Countryman, then?
It's technically called 'Pure Red' but when you see it in person? Not so much...Countryman owners are referring to it as Pure Orange...it's like a tomato. It's ok, but if you are in love with Chili Red, it's far from it.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:53 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Congratz!!!
She is one sexy looking JCW.
you will enjoy more driving it than looking at it.
Thanks! These next five or so days waiting to have it shipped are going to be pretty painful.

Any luck chasing down a good deal on your aero kit?

Old 02-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Thanks! These next five or so days waiting to have it shipped are going to be pretty painful.

Any luck chasing down a good deal on your aero kit?
Sorry for late response...
I was busy driving my mini and digging up some information about giving the very first wash and detail to my "Chili-Bomb".

I am already running little over 300 miles on it and I can't wait it to be over 1200 miles break in period so that I can really test out what my "Chili-Bomb" can do. (I am being extra careful not to gas more than 3k... and enjoying Mini-Connected "Analyzer" to score high points.. You will know what I am talking about.. it is pretty addicting and it is almost like a game).

Can't complain anything bad about "Chili-Bomb" so far.. and I actually enjoying chromes and regular bumpers on mine.. so I think I am just gonna stick to it for a while until I get sick of the look. (I got some decent deals on Primed JCW Aero Kit so far.. but not painted one, though... I guess I will have to find out once I decide to drop my regular bumper and give little more sporty look with JCW Aero Kit.)

Just got my tint on my ChiliBomb today (here is the Photo).

and will be heading to M7 to pick up some strut base and J bar before their 15% DC is over..

(sorry for keeping it long!)
You will enjoy every part of your JCW!

Old 02-04-2011, 09:07 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
Looks very nice with the tint. How dark did you go. I'm still trying to decide what I should do for tint. I just learned the other day that it's apparently not "legal" to tint the fronts here in Cali. I think I'll just go a bit light and hope for the best.

Well 300 miles is a good dent in your break in miles. I'm glad you're enjoying your Chili Bomb. I'd definitely say no hurry as far as finding an aero kit. I like the 2011 front/rear fascia redesign so much that I almost opted to forgo the aero kit. When you look at the pre 2011 cars I think the aero kit made a HUGE improvement in the appearance of the car. Now with the 2011 changes that improvement is much less significant. The other bonus to the new fascia is that it instantly alerts other MINI owners that you're driving a 2011. Kinda like the updated xenons/tail lights in the 05/06 cars.

I've been asked by a few people about the Mission Control feature that was supposed to be part of the Connected package (according to MotoringFile.com). Apparently no one with connected has been able to find the feature or turn it on. Have you discovered this yet? I'm beginning to think that MINI decided to omit the feature.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Looks very nice with the tint. How dark did you go. I'm still trying to decide what I should do for tint. I just learned the other day that it's apparently not "legal" to tint the fronts here in Cali. I think I'll just go a bit light and hope for the best.

Well 300 miles is a good dent in your break in miles. I'm glad you're enjoying your Chili Bomb. I'd definitely say no hurry as far as finding an aero kit. I like the 2011 front/rear fascia redesign so much that I almost opted to forgo the aero kit. When you look at the pre 2011 cars I think the aero kit made a HUGE improvement in the appearance of the car. Now with the 2011 changes that improvement is much less significant. The other bonus to the new fascia is that it instantly alerts other MINI owners that you're driving a 2011. Kinda like the updated xenons/tail lights in the 05/06 cars.

I've been asked by a few people about the Mission Control feature that was supposed to be part of the Connected package (according to MotoringFile.com). Apparently no one with connected has been able to find the feature or turn it on. Have you discovered this yet? I'm beginning to think that MINI decided to omit the feature.
with much research (4 days) on tint, I basically narrowed down between "Solar Gard" and "Llumar" products (both of them are excellent products.)

if I was to get LLumar, I was gonna get ATC all around(20%), ATR on Sunroof(darkest), and "Llumar 80" on windshield to block the UV (Hardly can see it's there). But I just decided to give local installer a try (they offered free ride to my work and pick up after so that I dont have to wait long hours) and went with "Solar Gard".

I got "Supreme 28" with 23% visible light on all around, "Supreme 8 with 5% visible light on Sunroof, and "Ultra Performance 75" (Ceramic 76% visible light) on windshield - you can hardly tell it is there seriously.. and it gives excellent UV/hazard lay protection (99.9%), reduces much of glare, and solar heat repellent is excellent (it will keep your black JCW really cool!)

Visibility is really good!

No luck with the Mission Control, either. Actually I barely found out about it as you mentioned.
I will look into it.
Right now, I am just busy learning about XM radio as I just called in to activate 1 year free usage.

I got bunch of Prima products thru Richard and will give "Chili-Bomb" a very first wash/detail today.
Will take picture and post after wash as well.

You are only couple days away from your "Dash"... Once you get your hands on "Dash", I bet you will be M.I.A. here for while...

Old 02-04-2011, 10:33 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
Mission Control is coming in a future update to the app. It is featured in the PDF (Mini Connected Handbook) on their site. So I gather it will come soon, Facebook has just been added to the app on the 25th.

http://www2.mini.com/connectivity/

Under MINI Connected, then Owners Handbook, page 9

Old 02-05-2011, 07:52 AM
azOrange
2nd Gear
with much research (4 days) on tint, I basically narrowed down between "Solar Gard" and "Llumar" products (both of them are excellent products.)

if I was to get LLumar, I was gonna get ATC all around(20%), ATR on Sunroof(darkest), and "Llumar 80" on windshield to block the UV (Hardly can see it's there). But I just decided to give local installer a try (they offered free ride to my work and pick up after so that I dont have to wait long hours) and went with "Solar Gard".

I got "Supreme 28" with 23% visible light on all around, "Supreme 8 with 5% visible light on Sunroof, and "Ultra Performance 75" (Ceramic 76% visible light) on windshield - you can hardly tell it is there seriously.. and it gives excellent UV/hazard lay protection (99.9%), reduces much of glare, and solar heat repellent is excellent (it will keep your black JCW really cool!)

Visibility is really good!

No luck with the Mission Control,

I got bunch of Prima products thru Richard and will give "Chili-Bomb" a very first wash/detail today.
Will take picture and post after wash as well.

You are only couple days away from your "Dash"... Once you get your hands on "Dash", I bet you will be M.I.A. here for while...
I'm looking to put in an order for Prima products. Do you have a website for Richards store?

Old 02-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
http://www.showcarsupplies.com/

Make sure you enter "mini11nam" for 11% discount

Old 02-05-2011, 08:42 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chakram105
Mission Control is coming in a future update to the app. It is featured in the PDF (Mini Connected Handbook) on their site. So I gather it will come soon, Facebook has just been added to the app on the 25th.

http://www2.mini.com/connectivity/

Under MINI Connected, then Owners Handbook, page 9
They've updated the manual. The last PDF of the manual didn't feature any info about facebook or Mission control. Thanks for the tip!

Old 02-05-2011, 05:29 PM
shoe
1st Gear
Mini connected ?

With the connected screen what happens to the fuel gauge and is the speedo hard to see. Can you make the speed come up on the screen. Currently I only use my phone(bluetooth) and Ipod and thought for an extra $500 I would get the mini connected because a Iphone is in my future. Is it worth getting. I am afraid I will not be able to see the speedo.

Last edited by shoe; 02-05-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:22 PM
azOrange
2nd Gear
http://www.showcarsupplies.com/

Make sure you enter "mini11nam" for 11% discount
Great tip. My order is in... thanks!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:11 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
So we(my husband and I) are currently awaiting 2 MINIs! I bought El Kabong in November '05, so have been through the wait once already. We decided we needed to get my husband a new vehicle that would be better MPGs than his current ride so he decided on the Countryman. He placed his order 1/21/11 and his torture began. The following Friday El Kabong was totaled, and when I got the news from the insurance adjuster that he was totaled, I worked up my order for my new MCS on 2/5/11, so now I wait, again...

Old 02-06-2011, 08:43 AM
rsbell
4th Gear
tada.... just pick up mine at the dealership yesterday.
and it was as sweet as Fresh strawberry dipped into Godiva chocolate!
had some issues with the discounts (monthly specials: in which I didn't get to get it = $750) in which I should've just walked away... but after seeing my Chillibomb and sitting on it, I couldn't wait no more... (plus my wife was there).

so never take your spouse when working with final numbers...

isn't she beautiful?
How was your experience at Escondido MINI?

I had read many bad reviews, and they tried to low ball me on my trade in so I walked.

Ordered my Countryman S through MINI of San Diego, and they have been AWESOME to work with so far.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by shoe
With the connected screen what happens to the fuel gauge and is the speedo hard to see. Can you make the speed come up on the screen. Currently I only use my phone(bluetooth) and Ipod and thought for an extra $500 I would get the mini connected because a Iphone is in my future. Is it worth getting. I am afraid I will not be able to see the speedo.
Dont worry about the "hard to see speed". it comes up on onboard screen.
Mini Connected is so worth of getting it. it is updated technology.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rsbell
How was your experience at Escondido MINI?

I had read many bad reviews, and they tried to low ball me on my trade in so I walked.

Ordered my Countryman S through MINI of San Diego, and they have been AWESOME to work with so far.
sorry for late response...
too busy driving mini

I wouldn't recommend them although I ordered mine there.
bunch of newbies who doesn't know a thing about mini, period.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Torri91
3rd Gear

There it is. Let's hope all the MINIs aboard are in tip-top shape!
How were you able to track your vessel like this?? The one my MINI is on is arriving at Port Hueneme tomorrow and it says on the website it has already cleared customs so it's already in Cali...somewhere!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:57 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
mine cleared customs before it even made it to Canada.

it cleared 2/7, and not expected into NY till 2/10!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:10 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
Got a call from the dealer today that my car will be delivered to my driveway tomorrow!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Torri91
How were you able to track your vessel like this?? The one my MINI is on is arriving at Port Hueneme tomorrow and it says on the website it has already cleared customs so it's already in Cali...somewhere!
You can track the vessel only when they are within range (close to land).
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=351392000

Here is the link for tracking on WW lines
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/

Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Torri91
3rd Gear
Thanks! SilverMiniGirl, mine cleared customs on the 7th as well and is expected to arrive at Port Hueneme tomorrow!

Old 02-09-2011, 05:40 AM
days-like-this
4th Gear
Got a call from the dealer today that my car will be delivered to my driveway tomorrow!
CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see more pics of Dash...

Old 02-09-2011, 05:47 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Based on the video I saw of Mission Control in action, I'm hoping it can be disabled if it is part of a future update. It would be funny for a sec, but I might have to throttle someone if it chatters on like it did in the video.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:04 AM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
I am still wondering how soon it will be till mine actually is delivered to my dealer, but it's landing tomorrow at the NY port (in Jersey City) I hope it does not take 48 hours there, since they do not work weekends or after 2 pm (wish my job was like that...we are 24/7!) so I probably won't see m car till next week. I really was hoping to get it for this weekend!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group