1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Flyer53
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver...Mine landed at the NY/NJ Port on the 2nd Early...and was at the the Mini Dealership first thing on the 7th. Your right they do nothing on the weekends..lets hope it gets processed and loaded on a carrier by friday but I think that might be wishful thinking. Not sure where you are..mine was a approximately a 2 hour trip. NY to Hartford. Good Luck, Either way it's almost HERE

Old 02-09-2011, 08:25 AM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Flyer53
Silver...Mine landed at the NY/NJ Port on the 2nd Early...and was at the the Mini Dealership first thing on the 7th. Your right they do nothing on the weekends..lets hope it gets processed and loaded on a carrier by friday but I think that might be wishful thinking. Not sure where you are..mine was a approximately a 2 hour trip. NY to Hartford. Good Luck, Either way it's almost HERE
I am in south jersey, so not that far from the port...about a 1.5 hr drive. I am going to just expect I won't see it this weekend...oh well.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Flyer53
5th Gear
Go check it out ... If I had time and thought of it earlier...I would of taken the drive to the port. Would of been pretty cool to see the vessel..not that you would or could of seen your Mini in particular.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:43 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Flyer53
Go check it out ... If I had time and thought of it earlier...I would of taken the drive to the port. Would of been pretty cool to see the vessel..not that you would or could of seen your Mini in particular.
I am working tomorrow and fri. The dealer is around the corner from me...if the dock was around the corner...i'd be camping there.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Compatibility issue with M7 strut J Bar with 2011 MCS R56 model.

Attention!!

For those who are interested in purchasing M7 Strut brace/ J bar, HOLD OFF from purchasing the product yet. Even though it says it works with 2011 R56, it won't fit perfectly as the bar rubs with the stock air intake for 2011 model.

I was just there to M7 main office today to purchase that, and found out it doesn't quite fit nicely. They said they would be working to adjust the bar so that it will go well with 2011 model so.. I will update you for more info when I get a call from M7.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:13 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
This break-in period is for the birds. It's almost impossible to comply with those restrictions. This car is crazy quick!

Old 02-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Frenchy2004
1st Gear
Closer to the day

I found out yesterday that my MCS convertible had arrived in country, Germany (stationed overseas), but that there is still about a ten day wait for processing untill I can pick it up... Dang! So that makes today 9. It was not suppose to be delivered until March 4 so I guess that's a blessing that it is here so soon. I still can't wait thought...

Old 02-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Torri91
3rd Gear
So on the WW website, it says that my MINI has already been released and is at Port Hueneme as of today. But ASKMINI says that it is at the port and waiting transportation does that mean it is already done at the VDC?

Old 02-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Just ordered my MCS in Eclipse Gray, Black roof, Premium,Sport,Cold,MINI Connected, ON 2/9/2011 got my production number todays but when i got to login for the first time it says that my number corresponds to a pepper white mini so i haven't clicked the "continue button", Should I just continue with login of do I make a call?, Or while it work itself out in a couple of days? OMG I cant wait. I Order from Mini Mt Laurel in NJ so I guess Ill be one of the first stops off the boat.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by biggripper
This break-in period is for the birds. It's almost impossible to comply with those restrictions. This car is crazy quick!
what's your mileage on it?
mine is little over 800 mls and i am getting almost 37 mpg (getting active with "Minimalism Analyser" pays off )

Old 02-10-2011, 02:32 PM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Torri91
So on the WW website, it says that my MINI has already been released and is at Port Hueneme as of today. But ASKMINI says that it is at the port and waiting transportation does that mean it is already done at the VDC?
There's something messed up with the tracking system over the last couple days. The website told me today mine is en route, but ASKMINI says it's still waiting at the port. This is a total reversal...the website's been 3-5 days behind the entire rest of the process. I'm guessing some system in their network is totally crapping the bed...

Old 02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ginvent
Just ordered my MCS in Eclipse Gray, Black roof, Premium,Sport,Cold,MINI Connected, ON 2/9/2011 got my production number todays but when i got to login for the first time it says that my number corresponds to a pepper white mini so i haven't clicked the "continue button", Should I just continue with login of do I make a call?, Or while it work itself out in a couple of days? OMG I cant wait. I Order from Mini Mt Laurel in NJ so I guess Ill be one of the first stops off the boat.
The tracking is always off a little at first. Mine took about a week and a half before it stopped swapping colors on me and told me the real details. Continue with making your login, because it won't change anything on your order. In a few days it'll sort out and tell you the right info.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:41 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
I'll introduce myself here. I went through this process last year with Violet. Now I'm trading her so I get to go through it all over again. Wooo! Let the obsession begin! (Again)!

Old 02-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Torri91
3rd Gear
Alright cool well my MA just wrote me and said that my MINI will be leaving Cali this weekend and is expected to be in Hawaii around Presidents Day! Quick question though, will my new 2011 come with floor mats? Or do I have to buy them myself?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Flyer53
5th Gear
Should come with carpeted mats unless you asked specifically for the rubber mats.. like all us poor folk in one of the worst winters on record, at least here in the Northeast

Old 02-10-2011, 04:49 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
I ordered from the same place and mine had the exact same listing! Mine updated itself in a day...I wish you luck! I hope to pick up my clubman next week...happy tracking!

Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Oh...my car arrived at the port...but still seems to be on the ship. Got in at 10 am today but no change in status on the ww site.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SilverMiniGirl
I ordered from the same place and mine had the exact same listing! Mine updated itself in a day...I wish you luck! I hope to pick up my clubman next week...happy tracking!
Thats cool I wonder how many other here have done so since the place just opened up last month. So lucking they finally got a place near Mt Holly

Old 02-10-2011, 05:17 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Torri91
Alright cool well my MA just wrote me and said that my MINI will be leaving Cali this weekend and is expected to be in Hawaii around Presidents Day! Quick question though, will my new 2011 come with floor mats? Or do I have to buy them myself?
They don't come with mats. Your dealership might throw them in. Mine didn't so I bought the rubber ones on ebay.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:20 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Thats cool I wonder how many other here have done so since the place just opened up last month. So lucking they finally got a place near Mt Holly
I work right around the corner, so it's super easy for me to get around to it.

....I'm just anxiously waiting to get that call from my MA!

Old 02-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
double post

Old 02-11-2011, 03:59 AM
Flyer53
5th Gear
Silver...any Updates ??

Old 02-11-2011, 06:54 AM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
I still show my car on the boat, and now the boat is moved to Newark? it moved there yesterday afternoon, and still is there, and the site still shows my car...on the boat..huh.

The current status according to the WW shipping site is: LOADED ON VESSEL in Southampton, from Jan 31...

My car is on the Torino. I did not know the boat made two stops in the NY area, the first was at the BMW VDC and the second is around the corner in Newark.

My husband is about to strangle me cause I'm being so impatient. It was originally scheduled to dock on feb 9, it's the 11th and is still on the ship...and the ship is in dock since yesterday morning! And the ship moved from the VDC with my car still on it? huh? I think I should be a bit impatient now. grins. Gosh, I hope nothing is wrong with the car.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Mysticeti
3rd Gear
Torino has left the dock.

The good ship Torino has left the NJ dock...

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...ring=CA104-TNO

Which I would take to mean that all cars destined for the area have been offloaded. Now comes the wait for clearing the VDC and transport to our respective dealers!

(I also have a white silver mini on this ship).

Last edited by Mysticeti; 02-11-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: get rid of the first link (http://www.marinetraffic.com)
Old 02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mysticeti
The good ship Torino has left the NJ dock...

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...ring=CA104-TNO

Which I would take to mean that all cars destined for the area have been offloaded. Now comes the wait for clearing the VDC and transport to our respective dealers!

(I also have a white silver mini on this ship).

Please let me know if you hear anything from your dealer...mine is very new and when my hubby innocently asked if she knew when the car would be in, the answer was...no...and she will let us know when she knows something. I'm surprised...thought she would have heard something.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group