1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Mysticeti
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps your MA doesn't want to set expectations that could lead to disappointment should there be a delay at the VDC. I never heard from my MA that my MINI had been built or loaded onto the Torino! But that was actually good -- too many distractions already at this point in time.

I've heard that there are no weekend shifts on the NY/NJ docks so it's possible (likely?) that no work was done to our vehicles at the VDC so far.

I don't know exactly how long it takes a MINI to clear the VDC. What I've read is that sometimes it can take a week or more but a couple days is the minimum for BMW's.

Here's some more info on what could delay a car at the VDC.

Note that these posts are from '04 -- perhaps they're faster now -- but this post from '08 also says 2 days minimum.

Last edited by Mysticeti; 02-13-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:53 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My 2011 JCW was at the VDC less than two days at the Baltimore terminal. Then it was two days to the dealership and then four days until I was able to pick it up.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Mysticeti
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
My 2011 JCW was at the VDC less than two days at the Baltimore terminal. Then it was two days to the dealership and then four days until I was able to pick it up.
Excellent! Thanks for the empirical data!

I just heard from my MA and I should have my MINI this week! Stoked!

Old 02-13-2011, 12:28 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
The MINI I have now was only at the VDC a couple of days before it was taken to the dealership and then maybe a day or 2 at the dealership before I was able to pick it up. I hope its as quick this next time around.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:32 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mysticeti
Excellent! Thanks for the empirical data!

I just heard from my MA and I should have my MINI this week! Stoked!

Awesome!!! I am just hoping to hear from my MA tomorrow..that would be a great valentine's day gift!

I'm glad to know that the cars made it off the ship - it was not so clear on the website.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Torri91
3rd Gear
I was lucky, my MINI arrived at the VDC, was there for a day and left over the weekend for Hawaii!

Old 02-14-2011, 03:19 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Still no info from my MA.
OL shows enroute.
WW shipping site still shows it on a ship from southampton on jan 31. the last update on that site says it cleared customs on Feb 7. It was scheduled off the boat at NY: NEW YORK, NY 10-02-2011. but the current status shows: Current Status:(DD-MM-YYY HH:MM:SS) LOADED ON VESSEL 31-01-2011 12:12:00

Ask Mini phone support shows my car is at the port awaiting a shipping vessel.

MA said she will call us when the car is ready...it's only 4 weeks. (ordered jan 15)

Dude...where's my MINI?

Old 02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SilverMiniGirl
Still no info from my MA.
OL shows enroute.
WW shipping site still shows it on a ship from southampton on jan 31. the last update on that site says it cleared customs on Feb 7. It was scheduled off the boat at NY: NEW YORK, NY 10-02-2011. but the current status shows: Current Status:(DD-MM-YYY HH:MM:SS) LOADED ON VESSEL 31-01-2011 12:12:00

Ask Mini phone support shows my car is at the port awaiting a shipping vessel.

MA said she will call us when the car is ready...it's only 4 weeks. (ordered jan 15)

Dude...where's my MINI?
Since I've been through this process before, I have to say this. You must chill! (Sorry having a "Say Anything" flashback.) Anyway, it seems the more into the process, the greater lag in information. I had my MINI for weeks before OL caught up. Calling isn't that much better. Some but not that much. I'm betting you can expect a call from your MA very soon. If you can't wait, you can call her to see if she can give you any more info.
Good luck.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:20 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
Since I've been through this process before, I have to say this. You must chill! (Sorry having a "Say Anything" flashback.) Anyway, it seems the more into the process, the greater lag in information. I had my MINI for weeks before OL caught up. Calling isn't that much better. Some but not that much. I'm betting you can expect a call from your MA very soon. If you can't wait, you can call her to see if she can give you any more info.
Good luck.
Thanks...I am not used to lag in info...my job requires lots of updates and reporting so I tend to expect constant correct status information...I am a bit **** about it.

No update yet!

Old 02-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Mysticeti
3rd Gear
Any word Silver?

Sorry to brag but I picked up my MINI today. What a blast! Drove most of the way home from the dealer with the top up but eventually noticed that it was 42 degrees out and sunny and had to put the top down.

I can only guess that my MINI was one of the first off the boat/into the VDC, sailed through VDC, and sped all the way to the dealer.

Pics to come -- maybe once all the snow melts.

Last edited by Mysticeti; 02-16-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: too much champagne ;)
Old 02-16-2011, 05:58 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mysticeti
Any word Silver?

Sorry to brag but I picked up my MINI today. What a blast! Drove most of the way home from the dealer with the top up but eventually noticed that it was 42 degrees out and sunny and had to put the top down.

I can on guess that my MINI was one of the first off the boat/into the VDC, sailed through VDC, and sped all the way to NH.

Pics to come -- maybe once all the snow melts.
The Sales manager contacted us today and said the car was checked in at 9:35 this morning into the final processing center. They do not have a lot of experience/history with Custom Orders, (new Dealership) but the stock ones take 4 days to a week from this stage. They hope the turn-around time will be sooner, they expect it to be sooner. They promise to check every morning and will let us know about any status updates.

I'm hoping I can maybe get her by Saturday, but they are not giving any timeframes still...but at least they have some info and the car could be here soon.

I'm surprised it just got to the VDC (I'm guessing that is what 'final processing center' is) today, since it was off the boat on Thurs...

I'd think Convertibles would get a quick turn around time, in case of bad weather, I bet they'd want to get them out first!

Congrats on the new baby!!! I hope I'll be singing the same tune soon!

Last edited by SilverMiniGirl; 02-16-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:14 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Just checked, mine is out of paint and heading for final quality control.
Now to wait on the boat...
Annette

Old 02-16-2011, 06:18 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
SMG,
That seems like an awfully long time just to check in. I hope all is ok and that you'll be motoring soon.

I found out today mine is starting production. They gave me a completion date of 3/4. But that seems way too long. Usually, they're done in a week.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:26 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
SMG,
That seems like an awfully long time just to check in. I hope all is ok and that you'll be motoring soon.

I found out today mine is starting production. They gave me a completion date of 3/4. But that seems way too long. Usually, they're done in a week.

Based on how quick everyone else's cars were moving along, it seemed like a long time, but I'm not the expert...I am just going to 'go with it' and stop being so impatient. I know 'something' about my car and that is what I wanted!

I can only hope I'll be in the car this weekend. I just need it to get out of the VDC before friday at 2 when they shut down for the weekend. Once it gets to the dealer, there should not be any reason I do not get my car right away, is there?

I'm hoping maybe the date/timeframe is off and maybe I'll get a pleasant surprise phone call tomorrow to come get my car...but I need to stop dreaming!

Old 02-17-2011, 04:50 AM
Mysticeti
3rd Gear
Once it gets to the dealer, there should not be any reason I do not get my car right away, is there?
Unless you ordered complicated dealer installed accessories I would think it would be right away.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:59 AM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
ok on a strange turn of events - my sales person called today - guess where my car is. She showed up (I'm guessing unexpectedly) today.

I'm getting her tomorrow.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:51 AM
rsbell
4th Gear
ok on a strange turn of events - my sales person called today - guess where my car is. She showed up (I'm guessing unexpectedly) today.

I'm getting her tomorrow.
Awesome!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Now the wait continues for my baby!!

p.s how do yall get those pics of your cars in your sig?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:52 AM
shoe
1st Gear
Connected ?

I hear there are two cables that come with Mini connected, is that true and if someone can give me the part #'s that would be great. I hear some cars only have one cable for the phone and ipod. When I pickup my car I want make sure I get everything.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Silver how did you like the MA's there? my mini just entered production and est to be done on the 3rd let me know how your experience was, so far my experience at that dealership is positive.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:27 PM
SCIGONE
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a pleasant surprise -
En Route to vehicle distribution center.
Can't wait to get it...

I don't know how often they update but when I checked this morning it stated the car was still in production. By the afternoon it skipped Awaiting Transport and went right to En Route..

Old 02-17-2011, 03:42 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ginvent
Silver how did you like the MA's there? my mini just entered production and est to be done on the 3rd let me know how your experience was, so far my experience at that dealership is positive.
Very nice, patient and fun..no problems with the MAs. I knew more info about the car in production then they did....but if I had not found NAM I would not have known my car was ready...information is power but if I was not Tracking the whole process I would be pleasantly surprised my car was ready rather then knowing it arrived a week ago.

So far...a good experience. I am even bringing a candy bouquet with me as a gift to the dealer for putting up with me...hehe!

Old 02-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Very nice, patient and fun..no problems with the MAs. I knew more info about the car in production then they did....but if I had not found NAM I would not have known my car was ready...information is power but if I was not Tracking the whole process I would be pleasantly surprised my car was ready rather then knowing it arrived a week ago.

So far...a good experience. I am even bringing a candy bouquet with me as a gift to the dealer for putting up with me...hehe!
LOL my girl friend is already looking up gifts for my MA for all her patience, and my car is still a pile of parts over in england somewhere.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:31 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear

Which dealership did you buy from? I found that the info here is very helpful. When I originally bought, I got nothing more from my MA then the production number. I didn't ask for any more info because I got it all here. This time around, I wanted to get more info from the dealership but they couldn't help. So, I'll just go back to what I did last time around, which was to look online and call MINI.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
Mini of Mount Laurel - they opened Jan 10, I ordered my baby on Jan 15.

Getting the info here was great, but I think I drove myself nuts the whole time I was waiting for the car...I'm an information and research junkie.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group