1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
Uh mine is a trade. I don't know exactly when the order went in. It's been a very long process.
How many weeks did your MA quote you it was goin to be?? 4-6 or 6-8

Old 02-21-2011, 11:08 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
How many weeks did your MA quote you it was goin to be?? 4-6 or 6-8
He didn't quote me anything. I'm working with the sales manager. The MA who is going to also be helping me out had no info for me last time I spoke to him. I'd rather it sooner then later but I have no control over the situation right now.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:10 AM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
The ship carrying my MCCS arrived in Baltimore yesterday, on schedule! If all goes well, I'll be driving it this weekend!

Hopefully there's nothing the VDC needs to fix! I got it without any dealer/VDC install options, so I could get it quicker!

Old 02-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SkaBob
The ship carrying my MCCS arrived in Baltimore yesterday, on schedule! If all goes well, I'll be driving it this weekend!

Hopefully there's nothing the VDC needs to fix! I got it without any dealer/VDC install options, so I could get it quicker!
How long did your dealer quote you when you ordered your car? I wondering cause my dealer quoted 4-6 weeks but it looks like everybody is closer to 8

Old 02-21-2011, 11:56 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
My dealer said 6-8 weeks.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:16 PM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
How long did your dealer quote you when you ordered your car? I wondering cause my dealer quoted 4-6 weeks but it looks like everybody is closer to 8
All the MAs I spoke to said 6-8 weeks for a custom order.

I spoke to quite a few, because I was pretty poorly treated at my local MINI dealer, so I shopped around in surrounding states, and discussed ordering with 5 different dealerships. 4-6 weeks sounds pretty optimistic on the part of your MA.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:18 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
All the MAs I spoke to said 6-8 weeks for a custom order.

I spoke to quite a few, because I was pretty poorly treated at my local MINI dealer, so I shopped around in surrounding states, and discussed ordering with 5 different dealerships. 4-6 weeks sounds pretty optimistic on the part of your MA.
When I ordered my MINI last year, it took 5.5 weeks from order to delivery. If they're quoting longer times now, I hope it's because they're paying more attention to the builds.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:04 PM
highlander709
4th Gear
I was quoted 6-8 weeks, but based on the information I have accessed from ASK MINI, the Owners Lounge and shipping info, I am guessing delivery somewhere around the 10th of March, which would work out to about 6 weeks. I think it depends on how the dealership submitted the order. In my case, I suspect they simply altered the specs on a vehicle that was already on order to match what I wanted, rather than initiate a new order at the end of the line. I ordered at the dealer on 1/29 and my MCS was completed on 2/9. The ship is scheduled for Baltimore on the 26th, so I figure 1-2 weeks from Baltimore to my garage.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
I ordered on january 8th, and didn't get swapped in on an existing order in a batch. If I can pick the car up this weekend, it'll be 7 weeks. If not, I won't be able to get down there 'til next weekend and it'll have been 8.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Where at do y'all live that y'all were quoted 6-8 cause all the dealers I went to around me said 4-6

Old 02-21-2011, 05:34 PM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
I live in Detroit, and was quoted that from Motor City Mini, Mini of Grand Rapids, Cincinatti Mini, Midwest Mini (Columbus, OH), and Bill Jacobs in Chicago.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I live in Detroit, and was quoted that from Motor City Mini, Mini of Grand Rapids, Cincinatti Mini, Midwest Mini (Columbus, OH), and Bill Jacobs in Chicago.
Yay I'm 10 mins away from Washington dc so I think I might be closer too a port for faster delivery... I hope lol

Old 02-21-2011, 06:24 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
I think it also depends on what you've ordered. The Countryman we ordered sat at port for 2 weeks before getting put on a ship. Seems to be pretty standard for the Countryman, built in Austria, trucked up to Bremerhaven, Germany and then on a ship. Most CMs seem to have a long time between build complete date and getting on a ship.
Annette

Old 02-21-2011, 07:08 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear

If your car was on Fedora its steaming up the Chesapeake right now and won't arrive for a few more hours. That shipped dropped my car off at NY VDC early Sunday am. If you get your car by end of the week you should be pumped. I ordered mine Dec 16th and its been a long time coming!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by burntpeaks
If your car was on Fedora its steaming up the Chesapeake right now and won't arrive for a few more hours. That shipped dropped my car off at NY VDC early Sunday am. If you get your car by end of the week you should be pumped. I ordered mine Dec 16th and its been a long time coming!
wow three months!! what did they quote you?

Old 02-21-2011, 07:35 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
wow three months!! what did they quote you?
I was supposed to have my JCW before Feb 8th (the end of my lease on my '08 MCCS). I kept checking for a build date and it went on for some time. I was told they had "unexpected delays". Finally she was built at the end of January...then the ship took several more days than expected and so on. Now she is sitting in NJ waiting for a JCW aero kit. I love my MA but it's been a long time.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I was supposed to have my JCW before Feb 8th (the end of my lease on my '08 MCCS). I kept checking for a build date and it went on for some time. I was told they had "unexpected delays". Finally she was built at the end of January...then the ship took several more days than expected and so on. Now she is sitting in NJ waiting for a JCW aero kit. I love my MA but it's been a long time.
did you get a extention on your lease or a fre rental?

Old 02-21-2011, 07:51 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
did you get a extension on your lease or a fre rental?
Lease extension was easy. Issue I have now is that BMW financial changes the "deals" each month and if I don't take delivery this month the 2.9% (plus -$1,750 for "free" convenience package) for 60 months might change. When I ordered the car it was .09% so kinda blows to not be able to lock you terms in like you can with a home mortgage. Don't get me wrong...I love this car. My clubman was/is fantastic.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:21 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear

my dealer said 6-8...We were in the dealership on Sat 1/15, ordered in mini's system officially on 1/17, we had her on 2/18....se was at the VDC for neatly a week, too. (arrived thursday before at the New Jersey VDC) She was on a ship on 1/31.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SilverMiniGirl
my dealer said 6-8...We were in the dealership on Sat 1/15, ordered in mini's system officially on 1/17, we had her on 2/18....se was at the VDC for neatly a week, too. (arrived thursday before at the New Jersey VDC) She was on a ship on 1/31.
That's amazingly fast! Nice work. Maybe my dealership did not have any slots and had to wait or maybe the JCW build (or the options I ordered) was to blame. Let's hope the JCW aero kit goes on fast and I can get this done before March.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
i just want my baby before spring so i cant taker her out of the dealership with her sunroof open in sport mode

Old 02-21-2011, 10:18 PM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
That's amazingly fast! Nice work. Maybe my dealership did not have any slots and had to wait or maybe the JCW build (or the options I ordered) was to blame. Let's hope the JCW aero kit goes on fast and I can get this done before March.
Good luck! I knew the car was in weeks early...and it was a very long last week waiting to hear from my MA.

looking back, I'm amazed I actually got my car already,

I live in southern NJ so I was the second stop off the ship. my car was in 'pre production' for like a day. when it was built, it was at the docks for like 2 days...it was just all timing and luck that worked out for me.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:52 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Lease extension was easy. Issue I have now is that BMW financial changes the "deals" each month and if I don't take delivery this month the 2.9% (plus -$1,750 for "free" convenience package) for 60 months might change. When I ordered the car it was .09% so kinda blows to not be able to lock you terms in like you can with a home mortgage. Don't get me wrong...I love this car. My clubman was/is fantastic.

If you gave a down payment when you ordered, you are locked into the deal that was happening when you paid. Some dealers will be nice and give you the deal happening at time of delivery if its better then the original terms. Don't let them tell you that you have to pay more.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
If you gave a down payment when you ordered, you are locked into the deal that was happening when you paid. Some dealers will be nice and give you the deal happening at time of delivery if its better then the original terms. Don't let them tell you that you have to pay more.
Dont kill me for saying this but thats not really true. the downpayment is just something they need so they can start the production of your car. the dealer has no ability to lock you into the apr that you had when you put your downpayment down. your actually paying for the car when it gets to the dealer. hope that made some sense

Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Dont kill me for saying this but thats not really true. the downpayment is just something they need so they can start the production of your car. the dealer has no ability to lock you into the apr that you had when you put your downpayment down. your actually paying for the car when it gets to the dealer. hope that made some sense
What you're saying makes perfect sense. But it's also contrary to what I experienced and most others that I speak to have experienced as well. I could very well be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. But it seems to me that's the norm. Are there lots of people out there who get worse deals because the deal expires before their car comes in? That just doesn't seem right.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group