1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 04:16 PM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
y did you go to a dealer 350 miles away!!!
Long story short, the one that's 10 miles from my work pitched incentives to me that they knew I didn't qualify for, then got mouthy with me when I called them out on it.

At any rate, here's my new MINI!

Us, hamming it up in front of the Cleveland Science Center, or some such...

Sweet artsy shot

Old 02-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SkaBob
Long story short, the one that's 10 miles from my work pitched incentives to me that they knew I didn't qualify for, then got mouthy with me when I called them out on it.

At any rate, here's my new MINI!

Us, hamming it up in front of the Cleveland Science Center, or some such...

Sweet artsy shot
SWEEEEEEEEET!! hope your lovin it

Old 02-27-2011, 04:24 PM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
Can't...stop...grinning!

Old 02-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh times goes by soooooo slow fml

Old 02-27-2011, 04:39 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
SkaBob
Looks awesome! Enjoy!!!!

Old 02-27-2011, 04:44 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
beeeutifullllllllll!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:50 AM
highlander709
4th Gear
Congrats! That's a great looking Clubman. I am sure you are really enjoying it. My son has an 09 Clubman so we have a special place in our heart for the Clubbies. My first car ever was a brand new 77 Honda Civic (yellow), so I decided to get back to my driving roots and stay small, hence the order of an MCS Hardtop. Believe it or not, as small as the Hardtop is, it's still bigger than my old Civic. My wife would have preferred I'd chosen the Clubman or even a Countryman, but I am looking forward to driving small again.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 AM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
So I called the ASK MINI line today and talked to a customer service rep and he told me once again that my car is "scheduled for production." He said that was as of Feb. 18. So I asked him if there's been any updates since then, given that was almost two weeks ago, and he said no. So what do you guys think is going on? Is this normal?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:53 AM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
Mine sat in that status for over a month before it started being built

Old 03-01-2011, 08:57 AM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Really, Bob? ARGH!!!!

Did you get an estimated completion date when you started the process? If so, how accurate was it?

Old 03-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
mine is still stuck on order :(

Old 03-01-2011, 10:02 AM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
Really, Bob? ARGH!!!!

Did you get an estimated completion date when you started the process? If so, how accurate was it?
I was told 6-8 weeks, and I picked my car up exactly 7 weeks later

Old 03-01-2011, 10:03 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
So I called the ASK MINI line today and talked to a customer service rep and he told me once again that my car is "scheduled for production." He said that was as of Feb. 18. So I asked him if there's been any updates since then, given that was almost two weeks ago, and he said no. So what do you guys think is going on? Is this normal?
This is exactly what's happening with mine. I called my dealership yesterday and asked them to intervene to get me some REAL info. I'll let you know what happens.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
This is exactly what's happening with mine. I called my dealership yesterday and asked them to intervene to get me some REAL info. I'll let you know what happens.
when did you order yours?

Old 03-01-2011, 10:27 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
I think I mentioned previously that mine is a trade assist. I don't know exactly what date the dealership ordered it. I want to say maybe on 2/2. Then it was moved up and was supposed to start production on the 16th but apparently its not being produced. By my calculations, it should have been done and put on a ship yesterday. But its not.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Torri91
3rd Gear
She is arriving at the dealership today! Right on time! Will post pics soon!

Old 03-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I think I mentioned previously that mine is a trade assist. I don't know exactly what date the dealership ordered it. I want to say maybe on 2/2. Then it was moved up and was supposed to start production on the 16th but apparently its not being produced. By my calculations, it should have been done and put on a ship yesterday. But its not.
i think they put a hault on everybodies cause everybody is having the same problem

Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 AM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Mine was ordered 12/16 and did not start production until 1/27. I called over and over again and they said that it was "scheduled for production". Now mine has been sitting at the Port in NJ for over a week. It's been slow...and tough.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Torri91
3rd Gear
I don't know what to tell you guys who are waiting other than to be patient.... cause it takes at least a week or two (or more) from your MINI to move from one stage to the next. I had to wait like 3 in a half weeks for mine to go from "On Order" to 'In Production" over x-mas and New Years. There really isn't much that you can do about it aside from wait. For me, I think the last haul was the longest part of the wait, which was after it went through the VDC in California. It had been sitting at the docks here in Hawaii for almost a week before it got tagged. My poor MA heard from me non-stop as far as nagging! It took 11 weeks from when I ordered it for it to get to the dealership. Hang in there you guys, something will happen soon .

Old 03-01-2011, 10:59 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Torri91
I don't know what to tell you guys who are waiting other than to be patient.... cause it takes at least a week or two (or more) from your MINI to move from one stage to the next. I had to wait like 3 in a half weeks for mine to go from "On Order" to 'In Production" over x-mas and New Years. There really isn't much that you can do about it aside from wait. For me, I think the last haul was the longest part of the wait, which was after it went through the VDC in California. It had been sitting at the docks here in Hawaii for almost a week before it got tagged. My poor MA heard from me non-stop as far as nagging! It took 11 weeks from when I ordered it for it to get to the dealership. Hang in there you guys, something will happen soon .
I have to disagree. I think it took so long for you because of the time of order (near Christmas holidays) and because it had to ship from England to Hawaii which is a long trip. When I ordered my mini last year, it took 5.5 weeks from order to delivery. It takes 8 days to build the car. There is a hold up here. I'd just like to know why/what it is.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Torri91
3rd Gear
Well that's what I am saying, that there is going to be delays and other times maybe not, but all you can do is wait right? Whether it gets to you in 5 weeks or 11 weeks, all you can do is have MINI waiting-fever.

I have to disagree. I think it took so long for you because of the time of order (near Christmas holidays) and because it had to ship from England to Hawaii which is a long trip. When I ordered my mini last year, it took 5.5 weeks from order to delivery. It takes 8 days to build the car. There is a hold up here. I'd just like to know why/what it is.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:26 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Torri91
Well that's what I am saying, that there is going to be delays and other times maybe not, but all you can do is wait right? Whether it gets to you in 5 weeks or 11 weeks, all you can do is have MINI waiting-fever.

You are right. I thought I was good with it. And I would be if I felt more secure in my current MINI. But there are a number of issues and thats why its being traded. So I'm a little more then anxious to just be rid of this car.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
I bet it's in better shape than the Subaru I was scraping by on, waiting for my Clubbie! Driver's seat worn out - with a spring sticking out the front, two wheel bearings shot and making noise - one of which was causing the wheel to wiggle (especially when braking), pain to shift into first, pain to shift into reverse, old brakes, old plugs, old air filter, check engine light on, crack all the way across the windshield, loose rattly bits on the exhaust, sagging suspension, exhaust leak into the cabin when it was cold, catalytic converter was shot, O2 sensor behind the catalytic converter was shot, odd clunks from the front suspension when I went over bumps, and a few other miscellaneous things...

The wait IS worth it, though! I dunno if I'm just more patient than you guys or what, but my hyperactive parts of my wait were more silly, giddy kind of "OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY NEW FUN TOY!" moments, rather than "OMG WHERE IS IT?! WHY ISN'T IT HERE YET?! ARG!" like it seems like you're all feeling...

There are any number of reasons why it takes a while to build a car, especially if the factory runs low on a part and the distributor or manufacturer of that part is running behind, or any other silly thing like that. The factory isn't going to add "Waiting on blinker fluid tank, manufacturer is back ordered" to the status, they're just going to say it's not built yet (imagine how many order records would need constant updates if they gave more info than that!)...So far, other than rare odd cases like people who ordered with the holiday break during their wait, or the people who ordered back when it could take 6 months or more to get them, I haven't seen anybody say "Holy crap my car was so late!". I see lots of people saying the estimate they were given was pretty accurate, unless there was some damage or unforeseen delays at the VDC.

So like...relax, man...mellow out...Everytin' gonna be irie!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
What did you find out? Any real info?

Thanks.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:51 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
What did you find out? Any real info?

Thanks.
Nothing yet. End of month bs seems to be top priority right now. I will report back with what I hear.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group