1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 03:34 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car is at the port and booked on the Aida! Ginvent, we're shipmates! Woooohooooo!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:21 AM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
hopefully ill be able to calm myself for the breakin period.. i know id be anxious
I've uh....been as good as I can be...

A few stomps on the gas here and there shouldn't hurt it, I hear...

Old 03-05-2011, 08:48 AM
minipilot515
1st Gear
Woo hoo! In the paint shop! One step closer. My completion date is march 8th. Anyone have any idea how long after ther completion date it took to receive there mini? I know she has a long boat ride ahead of here, but picturing her in the paint booth is getting me even more excited!

Old 03-05-2011, 09:51 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
It's a guess as to how long from completion. It's a bit easier to figure once it's on a boat. Some get a ride immediately and some sit at the port for a week or two before getting loaded and on their way. I know for me, I will be pretty close to a week after it docks in Brunswick. Mine is supposed to dock on 3/10 so I'm guessing that I'll get to take delivery around the 17th barring any issues or backups at the VDC.
Annette

Old 03-05-2011, 10:29 AM
SilverMiniGirl
2nd Gear
There seems to be a bit variation in the whole process which drove me insane. I do not know if the following message will help, but here goes my whole experience. I was quoted 6-8 weeks for a clubman. We had a snag in the beginning, had to chose another color because the one I wanted was not available.

I test drove and put down my deposit on Jan 15
and it was in the system (ordered) on Jan 17
Started production on Jan 19th,
finished production on Jan 27.
left southampton on Jan 31,
At the NY/NJ VDC on Feb 10.
From there, it fell off the radar, and I had no info till my dealer called me nearly a week later (Feb16) telling me it would be about another 4 days till I got my car.
The VERY next day, I got a call saying my car 'showed up' at the dealer....lol...

I picked her up a 32 days after being 'officially ordered'. (Feb 18)

Now that seems really quick...a month...and it sat for nearly a week at the VDC...where someone else on the same boat got their car on Feb 15. They got a call that their car was in on Saturday Feb 12! ....And I'm about a 2 hour drive (Southern NJ) from the VDC, where the other person on the same boat was picking up their 'vert in CT.

Best case senario for me, I could have gotten my car less than a month. Worst case... more than 8 weeks.

I got
a fast production time, (started immediately into production)
fast production, (8 days - standard)
fast boat loading, (waited on the docks like 1-2 days)
slow boat, (took like 11 days to NJ! seems most boats take like 8 days!) slow VDC (took a week to get to dealer! seems others can take as little as 2 days!),
fast carrier (maybe the delay was waiting for a full carrier to NJ?)
fast dealer turn-around. (1 day)

1 month wait. Your milage will vary. Don't you love vague answers?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
You guys think the dealer will let me test drive a MCS to get my fix until mine arrives?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:56 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Ginvent
You guys think the dealer will let me test drive a MCS to get my fix until mine arrives?
Just wear some of those glasses with the fake nose and mustache .

Annette

Old 03-05-2011, 11:00 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Ginvent

Why not?

Old 03-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
Just wear some of those glasses with the fake nose and mustache .

Annette
lol ill bring flowers and donuts too!

Old 03-05-2011, 01:06 PM
highlander709
4th Gear
The Wait Was Worthwhile

Well gang, I can graduate from the 2011 Support Group. I took delivery of my new PW/PW MCS w/ Classic Green Lounge Leather, ALL 4 Packages, Striped Alloy dash and door trim and Adaptive Xenon's last night. It was just as ordered, except it had Silver Conical Spoke wheels instead of the Black Conical Spokes and they didn't have my Urban Floor Mats. They offered to change out the wheels once they realized they had made a mistake, but I had been 50/50 on ordering the Silver Conicals vs the Black Conicals and my wife liked the silver better, so we decided to keep the car the way it was born and I like it. I was disappointed they didn't have the floor mats available. They were on the original order, so there really wasn't a good excuse for not having them there, besides it was raining last night and we have flash flood watches for today, so I am stuck with paper mats until they come in next week. I will post pictures in a few weeks after I get the windows tinted and get some custom stripes added. Best of luck to those waiting. I have no doubt your long wait will be soon forgotten once you and your MINI have logged a few miles together.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by highlander709
Well gang, I can graduate from the 2011 Support Group. I took delivery of my new PW/PW MCS w/ Classic Green Lounge Leather, ALL 4 Packages, Striped Alloy dash and door trim and Adaptive Xenon's last night. It was just as ordered, except it had Silver Conical Spoke wheels instead of the Black Conical Spokes and they didn't have my Urban Floor Mats. They offered to change out the wheels once they realized they had made a mistake, but I had been 50/50 on ordering the Silver Conicals vs the Black Conicals and my wife liked the silver better, so we decided to keep the car the way it was born and I like it. I was disappointed they didn't have the floor mats available. They were on the original order, so there really wasn't a good excuse for not having them there, besides it was raining last night and we have flash flood watches for today, so I am stuck with paper mats until they come in next week. I will post pictures in a few weeks after I get the windows tinted and get some custom stripes added. Best of luck to those waiting. I have no doubt your long wait will be soon forgotten once you and your MINI have logged a few miles together.
y no pic right now? any new mini will look amazing to us since we are so desperate for ours

Old 03-05-2011, 02:52 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by highlander709

Congrats! I think there should be a rule though. No posting about new MINI without pics.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:30 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
I finally drove to my dealer to see what was up...I was curious because the owners lounge delivery estimate went from March 1st to March 17th. My JCW has been at the VDC since Feb 20th. I was originally told that the JCW aero kit would take a few days...looks like it takes longer or something else is going on. Drag. This is going to end up being 12 weeks.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by burntpeaks
I finally drove to my dealer to see what was up...I was curious because the owners lounge delivery estimate went from March 1st to March 17th. My JCW has been at the VDC since Feb 20th. I was originally told that the JCW aero kit would take a few days...looks like it takes longer or something else is going on. Drag. This is going to end up being 12 weeks.
wut did your ma say?

Old 03-06-2011, 05:19 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Well, new here to the thread and anxiously awaiting too! I ordered mine at the dealer Feb 5, but my MA said it would be a couple weeks before I could get into a production slot. A little over a week ago I did get my production number so it was finally in the process. Not sure when it started, but the completion date is supposed to be March 8. Same date as minipilot1515 so maybe our MINI's will get to share a boat ride come later this week. No idea which port mine is scheduled to arrive into - got my fingers crossed it'll be to the quickest port and fastest shipping line possible.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:44 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
Well, new here to the thread and anxiously awaiting too! I ordered mine at the dealer Feb 5, but my MA said it would be a couple weeks before I could get into a production slot. A little over a week ago I did get my production number so it was finally in the process. Not sure when it started, but the completion date is supposed to be March 8. Same date as minipilot1515 so maybe our MINI's will get to share a boat ride come later this week. No idea which port mine is scheduled to arrive into - got my fingers crossed it'll be to the quickest port and fastest shipping line possible.
Congrats on your purchase. Where do you live? That defines which port your Mini will be delivered to. Ask your MA which port your car will be offloaded to. Check the first post in this thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

This lists all the ports delivered to and how to track your new Mini. I hope that helps.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:53 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
Congrats on your purchase. Where do you live? That defines which port your Mini will be delivered to. Ask your MA which port your car will be offloaded to. Check the first post in this thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

This lists all the ports delivered to and how to track your new Mini. I hope that helps.

I was going to ask my MA next time I talk with him. The car will ultimately be delivered to Cincinnati MINI if anyone happens to know which port and VDC is the passthru for cinci. EDIT - Jersey City would be a good answer . South Carolina would not .

Old 03-06-2011, 05:55 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
I think most of the MINIs coming into Ohio come thru Brunswick.
Annette

Old 03-06-2011, 06:08 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Annette
Oh noooooo that's worse case yet! At least I can mentally prepare for the longest journey across the pond and if I find out it's really destined for a different port then it will only get shorter.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:16 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
Oh noooooo that's worse case yet! At least I can mentally prepare for the longest journey across the pond and if I find out it's really destined for a different port then it will only get shorter.
That does seem weird. I would think the ride from the NY/NJ port would be shorter then going all the way down to GA only to come back up to OH. Of course, I could be wrong. But it just doesn't make sense to me.

Don't fret JS. Just call the dealership tomorrow and ask. Even if your MA isn't in, any MA can tell you which port they're delivered to.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:55 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
You really need to just ask your MA, it should have "PortLoc" included in your production information. If it doesn't call your MA and ask. From what I recall, the NY port is quicker to get to, but the VDC there takes longer since it is that much busier. So going to Charleston or Brunswick may take longer on the ship but they process fewer cars so cars tend to get to a transport truck quicker. Your dealer will know which port is quickest process overall so don't panic about which port it is, it will be the most efficient. Of course this can change. My first MINI came through Charleston, but in the ensuing 5+ years Brunswick has expanded their operation so this time ours are coming through there(my husband has a CM on order, I have an MCS I'm waiting on).
Annette

Old 03-06-2011, 08:22 AM
highlander709
4th Gear
I ordered my MINI from MINI Of Louisville and it came in through Baltimore, and was at the dealership within a week of hitting American shores. Until we got MINI of Lousiville, the closest dealership was Cincy or Indy. My son got his 09 Clubby at D&R in Indy. Not sure if it helps, but that's my story.

Last edited by highlander709; 03-06-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:11 AM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
Annette
I bought from Classic Mini in Cleveland and it came through Baltimore. I'd assume the same for Cinci, since it's even further south...

Old 03-06-2011, 09:15 AM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
I live in Wisconsin, and I was told mine is coming through Baltimore. So which ship will that be?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:30 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
I live in Wisconsin, and I was told mine is coming through Baltimore. So which ship will that be?
Check the shipping schedules.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group