1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just checked up on my MINI and it floating in my direction across the pond! should be in NY/NJ by the 15th!

Old 03-09-2011, 07:33 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ginvent
Just checked up on my MINI and it floating in my direction across the pond! should be in NY/NJ by the 15th!
How exactly did you find out which boat yours was on?

Old 03-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
How exactly did you find out which boat yours was on?
Question answered below

Originally Posted by BoCRon
Once your car is finished production, you can start plugging the VIN into the cargo tracker at WW. Go to the first sticky in the 1st Gear forum here on NAM and you'll see the link for the WW shipping line. If after a week or so your VIN isn't coming up as confirmed on one of the ships contact your MA to see if it is listed on the dealers daily update. If it is put on one of the K-line ships then all you can do is get the ship name from your MA and then check the K-line schedule which is just a list of the ships and docking dates, you can't plug a VIN into their site to get more info, but if your MA gives you the name of the ship then you'll have the docking date.
Found the WW site, under customer centre scroll down to cargo tracking. You put your VIN in the 3rd box labeled Cargo ID.
https://att.2wglobal.com/

You can find your VIN in the miniusa Owner's Lounge, look under Scheduled Maintenance.
Good luck,
Annette

Old 03-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
My build was completed yesterday. An ASK MINI customer service rep said it's awaiting transport. I sure hope it's on the next boat to Baltimore!
lucky you!! mine still has a completion date of the 14th im hoping it it makes it to the docks before the 15th so i can leave to baltimore with you

Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
For those of you/me awaiting very near term completion or a shipping vessel, here's the next couple WW and K-Line shipping dates upcoming, or at least those from Southampton to U.S. East Coast ports:

K-Line ship California Highway departs Southampton March 14 @ 5pm,
arrives/departs Baltimore March 21, Brunswick March 23, Charleston March 24

(edit of the edit - added Topeka back in, departing on March 14 for estimated March 23 Baltimore arrival - I'd noted this ship did not transport care - but what do I know....my car is BOOKED on this ship!!!!)

WW ship Mignon departs Southampton March 15 @ 6pm,
arrives Halifax March 22, New York March 24, Baltimore March 26, Brunswick March 29, Charleston March 30

WW ship Patriot departs Southampton March 17,
arrives Baltimore April 1, Charleston April 3, Brunswick April 5

You can get the shipping schedules off the following post: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

My completion date was March 8, and on the morning of my status was "in transit to shipping port". As of March 9 on the morning my status has been "at the docks awaiting a shipping vessel". Got my fingers crossed I'm on one of the first two ships listed. I guess right now it's a waiting game, cause I don't know if the shipping line is pre-selected, or if the car merely gets on the first available shipping line destined for the right U.S. port of destination.

Last edited by jsjohnson; 03-11-2011 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Next K-line departure date changed from 3/11 to 3/14
Old 03-10-2011, 04:34 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Ginvent
Really? I thought we weren't due until the 17th. I'll take it earlier!

Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 AM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
For those of you/me awaiting very near term completion or a shipping vessel, here's the next couple WW and K-Line shipping dates upcoming, or at least those from Southampton to U.S. East Coast ports:

K-Line ship California Highway departs Southampton March 14,
arrives/departs Baltimore March 21, Brunswick March 23, Charleston March 24

WW ship Topeka, departs Southampton March 14,
arrives Baltimore March 23

WW ship Mignon departs Southampton March 15,
arrives Halifax March 22, New York March 24, Baltimore March 26, Brunswick March 29, Charleston March 30

WW ship Patriot departs Southampton March 17,
arrives Baltimore April 1, Charleston April 3, Brunswick April 5

WW ship Tristan departs Southampton March 20,
arrives New York March 29, Charleston March 31, Brunswick April 1

You can get the shipping schedules off the following post: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

My completion date was March 8, and on the morning of my status was "in transit to shipping port". As of March 9 on the morning my status has been "at the docks awaiting a shipping vessel". Got my fingers crossed I'm on one of the first two ships listed. I guess right now it's a waiting game, cause I don't know if the shipping line is pre-selected, or if the car merely gets on the first available shipping line destined for the right U.S. port of destination.
I think we're on the same schedule. Mine was completed on March 8 and was awaiting transport that afternoon. Just called this morning at it is "at the port of exit." Maybe we'll be on the boat. Let us know if you find out which one you're on.

Last edited by RDemo2; 03-10-2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Status update
Old 03-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
Really? I thought we weren't due until the 17th. I'll take it earlier!
Thats when I believe its gonna show up i'm just assuming they give the ship a day or too of leeway

Old 03-10-2011, 05:55 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Out with the old....in with the new JCW!

I picked "Keef" up at 10am this morning. Awesome. I will post pictures as soon as it stops raining. It took so long. I feel for you guys...especially Achilles...hang in there!

Old 03-10-2011, 08:01 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
So we picked up "Wolfric" today. The first of 2 new MINIs joining our family this month. We absolutely love Neil, our MA, and had a great experience once again. He was my MA in '05 when I bought El Kabong and it was a thrill to work with him again and then again LOL.
Here is what we were greeted with upon arrival0

A closeup-

And hanging from the rearview mirror!

Another shot,

And finally, released to the wild!

He got home just before dark, so we'll be getting plenty more pics this weekend.

Annette

Old 03-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations! Looks good!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:18 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Your countryman is sweet! Have fun!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by burntpeaks
I picked "Keef" up at 10am this morning. Awesome. I will post pictures as soon as it stops raining. It took so long. I feel for you guys...especially Achilles...hang in there!
It makes me happy that at least some people are getting their cars and you had to wait 3 months idk how you did that.. and i think my lack of a mini symptoms are getting worse! i was driving down the road today listening to music and then saw a mcs i think it was a gen 1. so before i knew it i had my windows down in 30 degree weather with my music off just listening to the exhaust of the mcs and just really stalking this mcs for about 10 miles lmao.. i ended up passing my work without even noticing and having to back track 15 mins. becuase of my obsession. now i know wut crack heads feel like and seeing that mini also kicked in my mod obsession so i order a alta 4" antenna.. oh mini... where are thou <see now im talking in middle english.. im losing it

Old 03-11-2011, 04:24 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Couldst it be that I doth have as well. In what way couldst I stilleth my beating heart?

Buck

Old 03-11-2011, 04:38 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Wow BoCRon its hottt! What's its name?

Old 03-11-2011, 04:48 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
I think we're on the same schedule. Mine was completed on March 8 and was awaiting transport that afternoon. Just called this morning at it is "at the port of exit." Maybe we'll be on the boat. Let us know if you find out which one you're on.
Good news, I have just showed up on the cargo list for the Topeka on WW shipping line!!! Departure date is March 14, estimated arrival in Baltimore is March 23 (it's a direct float, no stops in between). I'd reported yesterday that the Topeka was not a vehicle transport so had struck it off my list, but guess I was wrong (which was a good thing).

So check the WW cargo list RDemo2 - see if you're booked on there with me.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:51 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
His name is "Wulfric", one of those ancient names based in English and Germanic history. It means wolf power. We own a dog training club and park and base our methodology on natural dog and wolf instinct. The business name is WolfBrook.
Annette

Old 03-11-2011, 05:15 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
His name is "Wulfric", one of those ancient names based in English and Germanic history. It means wolf power. We own a dog training club and park and base our methodology on natural dog and wolf instinct. The business name is WolfBrook.
Annette
I am so envious! Looks like you have a fantastic business and of course, a fierce new Countryman to match. If I was closer, I'd love to bring my dog there.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Burntpeaks, beautiful car! Black it out and we'd almost have twins albeit with different base colors. I was SO close to going with laser blue.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
Good news, I have just showed up on the cargo list for the Topeka on WW shipping line!!! Departure date is March 14, estimated arrival in Baltimore is March 23 (it's a direct float, no stops in between). I'd reported yesterday that the Topeka was not a vehicle transport so had struck it off my list, but guess I was wrong (which was a good thing).

So check the WW cargo list RDemo2 - see if you're booked on there with me.
I am indeed booked with you jsjohnson! We're shipmates! Hopefully the seas are friendly. ... So if it docks on March 23 in Baltimore, when do you think our MINIs will be at our dealers? I'm in Wisconsin. Where are you?

Old 03-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I am indeed booked with you jsjohnson! We're shipmates! Hopefully the seas are friendly. ... So if it docks on March 23 in Baltimore, when do you think our MINIs will be at our dealers? I'm in Wisconsin. Where are you?
how many days did it take your mini to get to the docks?

Old 03-11-2011, 02:22 PM
minipilot515
1st Gear
Is there another way other than calling the dealership to get my VIN?

Old 03-11-2011, 02:48 PM
SkaBob
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minipilot515
Is there another way other than calling the dealership to get my VIN?
It's in the additional info section in the window that pops up when you track your mini on the Owners Lounge website, once the VIN has actually been generated.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:29 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Melangell
Burntpeaks, beautiful car! Black it out and we'd almost have twins albeit with different base colors. I was SO close to going with laser blue.
I was close to ordering red. I know you hate chrome but I like the throwback to yesteryear...I might inch towards black...lets see. This car hauls vs. my 08 Clubman s. I tinted the windows today...my first step towards insanity.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:42 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Sir Keef Riff-Hard!!!

I will do this car more justice over the weekend...just a few quick shots. I added some tint today!!!

Attached Thumbnails &quot;Those Waiting for a 2011&quot; Support Group-img_1264.jpg   &quot;Those Waiting for a 2011&quot; Support Group-img_1266.jpg   &quot;Those Waiting for a 2011&quot; Support Group-img_1256.jpg  

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group