1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by burntpeaks
I will do this car more justice over the weekend...just a few quick shots. I added some tint today!!!
the 2011 laser blue looks amazing.. im guessing the change the color alittle bit for 2011.. nice very nice

Old 03-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Beautiful. Actually, I really have no hate for chrome. Blacked out just works better for a shaved head, goateed, mean looking 47 year old guy. I descended further into insanity today. My WMW BOV came in the mail and I ordered a DoS CAI w/noise baffle. Sigh....

Old 03-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Melangell
Beautiful. Actually, I really have no hate for chrome. Blacked out just works better for a shaved head, goateed, mean looking 47 year old guy. I descended further into insanity today. My WMW BOV came in the mail and I ordered a DoS CAI w/noise baffle. Sigh....
The forge bov or wmw performance?

Old 03-11-2011, 05:38 PM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
how many days did it take your mini to get to the docks?
My completion date was March 8. When I called ASK-MINI on the morning of the 8th, it was in transit to the departure port. Sometime on the day of March 9, I think morning again, it was at the port awaiting a shipping vessel.

Now that I'm booked on a ship, the ship cargo record shows that WW actually booked my vehicle late in the day on March 8. So less than a day really in my case, though I'm sure a lot depends what time of day on the completion date your MINI is actually out the door and when the next train to Southampton departs.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:45 PM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
I am indeed booked with you jsjohnson! We're shipmates! Hopefully the seas are friendly. ... So if it docks on March 23 in Baltimore, when do you think our MINIs will be at our dealers? I'm in Wisconsin. Where are you?
That is awesome! I'll cross my fingers that it hits the docks on March 23, spends 2 days at the VDC, then 2-3 days on the road to Cincinnati (even though it's only 1 days drive). For Green Bay, that's another days drive past Cincinnati. I believe I read somewhere that the Baltimore VDC is a 7 day a week operation, whereas some VDC's are only 5 day. Basically, I'm hoping I can pick mine up by Tuesday March 29, but that 100% my own guess.

On a positive note, I checked with my MA, and as long as mine is in port in March, he said stop in and we could do whatever paperwork we needed to lock in any March incentives or finance offers.

Also, I'm not too far north of Cincinnati. And I spend 5 weeks or so every summer in the great state of Wisconsin - all my family roots are from there, so I hope to move there someday myself. I've got a boatload of 2nd and 3rd cousins aunts uncles not too far up the road from you (Green Bay, right?)...dispersed all through the Door County peninsula. I will miss my MINI dearly this summer while in Wisconsin...I'll have had it about 2-1/2 months, only to leave it behind for those 5 weeks.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:56 PM
lithium77
1st Gear
Joining the wait crowd. I ordered a week ago today a MCSa. I was given one of the dealer allocations in line (the owner's lounge at first listed my car as a red something or other). But so far no confirmed production date yet, just the "scheduled for production with no confirmed date." My wife has wanted one for a good 6 years so decided to compromise and get rid of my car for now and let her get the mini (the compromise being our next car is a M3 :D ). Looking forward to delivery though. Great forum here with very nice people.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:17 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Welcome lithium77. Fill us in on what you ordered, we REALLY like to know.
On a good note for me, my MA called me tonight as he was heading out to dinner to tell me that Mozart has been loaded on a truck and is headed this way!!!
Annette

Old 03-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Yea! Annette!!!!

P.S.: check PM

Yeah, all of you... check PM... DO IT!!!! Keep doing it!!!

Old 03-11-2011, 06:26 PM
lithium77
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
Welcome lithium77. Fill us in on what you ordered, we REALLY like to know.
On a good note for me, my MA called me tonight as he was heading out to dinner to tell me that Mozart has been loaded on a truck and is headed this way!!!
Annette
MCSa
Horizon Blue
Black Top/Stripes
Sport
Premium
Cold
Convenience
Connected w/Nav
Carbon Black
Adaptive Lights
Rear Fogs
Other random stuff

Think that's about it. We almost went with the countryman but changed at the last minute, still not totally sure why.....maybe a bit of an impulse but the S is what we have wanted for a while now. I am actually a bit surprised how much I am looking forward to getting it. I have owned a lot of sports cars (current is a Z4MC) and I haven't been this excited about a car for a long time.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:35 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
lithium77, first a quick suggestion. Add your location to your user profile. As you get totally immersed in all things MINI you will start needing to buy stuff, have stuff installed and meet up with others like you who are buying and adding stuff and then driving around to enjoy the stuff. If your location is in the upper right there where we can see it, then we can help you get the best stuff faster!
Second, AWESOME build!
(I say that because it is almost exactly like my new MINI which should be here in a matter of days!).
Mine is a MCSm HzB/Black roof, wheels, headlamps and interior.
Premium
Cold Weather
Sport
Convenience
MINI Connected with NAV
White turn signals
Sports Suspension
Black driving lights
Graphics to be added at the Dragon by Aesthetic Creations.
MINIFini sport link system to be added at the Dragon.
Will be copying my hero Melangell and his Dread Pirate L'il Red into the realm of Chromicide.

My husband just brought home his new Cosmic Blue Countryman yesterday!
MINIs just kinda get into your soul
Annette

Old 03-11-2011, 06:42 PM
lithium77
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
Second, AWESOME build!
(I say that because it is almost exactly like my new MINI which should be here in a matter of days!).
Mine is a MCSm HzB/Black roof, wheels, headlamp and interior.
Premium
Cold Weather
Sport
Convenience
MINI Connected with NAV
White turn signals
Sports Suspension
Black driving lights
And graphics to be added at the Dragon by Aesthetic Creations.
My husband just brought home his new Cosmic Blue Countryman yesterday!
MINIs just kinda get into your soul
Annette
Sounds very nice. Can't wait to see pics. I think the hardest decision was the wheels. I stuck with the silver conical but am still second guessing if I should have gone black. In fact, I was looking at wheels today online in case I decided I need black ones...

Old 03-11-2011, 07:18 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Melangell
We need psychological help. I am worse than my 8 year old son and his toys. Scratch that, I am worse than all 3 of my kids put together. Your issues make me feel a bit better about myself though!

Old 03-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Old 03-11-2011, 08:22 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
how many days did it take your mini to get to the docks?
I believe it took 2 days. My build was completed on March 8 and it was at the port of exit on March 10.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:28 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
That is awesome! I'll cross my fingers that it hits the docks on March 23, spends 2 days at the VDC, then 2-3 days on the road to Cincinnati (even though it's only 1 days drive). For Green Bay, that's another days drive past Cincinnati. I believe I read somewhere that the Baltimore VDC is a 7 day a week operation, whereas some VDC's are only 5 day. Basically, I'm hoping I can pick mine up by Tuesday March 29, but that 100% my own guess.

On a positive note, I checked with my MA, and as long as mine is in port in March, he said stop in and we could do whatever paperwork we needed to lock in any March incentives or finance offers.

Also, I'm not too far north of Cincinnati. And I spend 5 weeks or so every summer in the great state of Wisconsin - all my family roots are from there, so I hope to move there someday myself. I've got a boatload of 2nd and 3rd cousins aunts uncles not too far up the road from you (Green Bay, right?)...dispersed all through the Door County peninsula. I will miss my MINI dearly this summer while in Wisconsin...I'll have had it about 2-1/2 months, only to leave it behind for those 5 weeks.
Door County is right up the road. In fact, when I gett my MINI, I'll probably head up there and drive some of the country roads. ... My MA had been saying that I can't get locked into the March incentives until my car is delivered, so I'm hoping it arrives before the end of the month, but I'm certainly going to double check with him. What dealer did you order through?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Door County is right up the road. In fact, when I gett my MINI, I'll probably head up there and drive some of the country roads. ... My MA had been saying that I can't get locked into the March incentives until my car is delivered, so I'm hoping it arrives before the end of the month, but I'm certainly going to double check with him. What dealer did you order through?
yay ive been stressing about the march incentives thing to i really hope they could extend it alittle for us?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:46 PM
jearl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
For those of you/me awaiting very near term completion or a shipping vessel, here's the next couple WW and K-Line shipping dates upcoming, or at least those from Southampton to U.S. East Coast ports:

WW ship Mignon departs Southampton March 15 @ 6pm,
arrives Halifax March 22, New York March 24, Baltimore March 26, Brunswick March 29, Charleston March 30

I guess I'll join the fray. My next MINI allegedly completed production today. It's pretty much like my current MINI, but in Spice Orange/Black. Three years ago my ship was the Mignon and I am hoping that it's the Mignon again...how cool would that be? Anyhow, back then we had production week support groups and all sorts of shenanigans were going on. Reminds me of how great the MINI community is. Good luck to all of you new and repeat owners queueing up this month!

Old 03-12-2011, 05:02 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Cincinnati MINI. Of course when I put in the order I had no idea on incentives so I was prepared to pay full amount. But with the March incentives, those are worth thousands...I would be eligible for one of the upgrades, and haven't decided if I would go with 0.9% or extend mtce to 6 yr 100K...so I'm very anxiously awaiting locking those in. Even though my MA said we could lock things in as long as the car was to the port (probably really meant the VDC) I won't take that as gospel til we put pen on paper. There seems to be a mix of posts as to what one dealer/MA says versus another on the topic of a given months incentives. Best guarantee would simply be the MINI be here by end of month!!!

Old 03-12-2011, 07:45 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
What I ordered

MINI JCW
Navigation Package
JCW Comfort Package
Metallic Paint - Black
Championship Leather Interior with Red Accents
Sports Suspension
Black Light Alloy Wheels
Comfort Access
Red Roof and Mirror Caps
LCW Bonnet Stripes
Harmon/Kardon Hi-Fi Sound System

That's about it, not including my MiNI cap.

Buck

Last edited by buckland; 03-12-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: New info
Old 03-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!
I would have responded sooner, but we had a bit of excitement where we live-- on my 40th birthday, no less! I usually enjoy earthquakes (I get excited haha) but this one was absolutely terrifying. It lasted so long! We could barely stand.
Like an idiot, though, I was yelling at the two kids (16 year old and five year old) to get to safety...and I grabbed the 55" 3D ready HDtv 240 mhz Sony Bravia I had just bought for my husband and stood there HOLDING it so it wouldn't fall. I just kept thinking, "But he hasn't even SEEN it yet!!!!"

We are safe, though and in much better shape than those to the north. If anyone could give $10 to the relief efforts it would be greatly appreciated here!

My husband called a couple of hours after the initial 8.9 quake and after the following 6.0s and 7.0s and had NO CLUE anything was happening. Then we lost connection just about a minute after I told him we'd had a Great Quake but that we were safe. He must have been frantic. Luckily, they gave him a free phone call home and he was able to get through, because we use an internet protocol phone and the internet was still working.

I was really rocking and rolling on my birthday. I might name my Cooper Roxie now...even though I always thought my Cooper would be a 'boy' but I think it works!

Old 03-12-2011, 09:12 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Omg!!!

So glad to hear that you And yours,(and the tv,haha) are Ok! The video coverage is just heart wrenching! I will donate, and continue to pray for all the victims of this horrendous disaster.

God Bless You!!

Old 03-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
So glad to hear that you And yours,(and the tv,haha) are Ok! The video coverage is just heart wrenching! I will donate, and continue to pray for all the victims of this horrendous disaster.

God Bless You!!
Thank you!!! yes we are all fine. The kids are a little antsy,but we have it really good.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:37 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just placed my order for a 2011 JCW black/red. It's supposed to be built at the beginning of April and I was told to expect 6weeks after that till delivery.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:26 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by buckland
MINI JCW
Navigation Package
JCW Comfort Package
Metallic Paint - Black
Championship Leather Interior with Red Accents
Sports Suspension
Black Light Alloy Wheels
Comfort Access
Red Roof and Mirror Caps
LCW Bonnet Stripes
Harmon/Kardon Hi-Fi Sound System

That's about it, not including my MiNI cap.

Buck
That looks like a good combo for the JCW. You are going to love it.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
*double post* don't know how to delete posts

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group