1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojodiva
...and I grabbed the 55" 3D ready HDtv 240 mhz Sony Bravia I had just bought for my husband and stood there HOLDING it so it wouldn't fall. I just kept thinking, "But he hasn't even SEEN it yet!!!!"
Yess save the tv

Old 03-13-2011, 03:18 PM
rhapsodyinred
Neutral
Cool!! My MCS is on a vessel now the Demeter Leader due in on March 16th.

Ordered Feb 2nd, 2011. Loaded on Vessel Feb 20th, 2011. Can't Wait.

2011 MCS Chili Red/White top & mirrors

Old 03-13-2011, 03:24 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rhapsodyinred
Cool!! My MCS is on a vessel now the Demeter Leader due in on March 16th.

Ordered Feb 2nd, 2011. Loaded on Vessel Feb 20th, 2011. Can't Wait.

2011 MCS Chili Red/White top & mirrors

Congrats and welcome to the madness.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:30 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mojodiva
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!
I would have responded sooner, but we had a bit of excitement where we live-- on my 40th birthday, no less! I usually enjoy earthquakes (I get excited haha) but this one was absolutely terrifying. It lasted so long! We could barely stand.
Like an idiot, though, I was yelling at the two kids (16 year old and five year old) to get to safety...and I grabbed the 55" 3D ready HDtv 240 mhz Sony Bravia I had just bought for my husband and stood there HOLDING it so it wouldn't fall. I just kept thinking, "But he hasn't even SEEN it yet!!!!"

We are safe, though and in much better shape than those to the north. If anyone could give $10 to the relief efforts it would be greatly appreciated here!

My husband called a couple of hours after the initial 8.9 quake and after the following 6.0s and 7.0s and had NO CLUE anything was happening. Then we lost connection just about a minute after I told him we'd had a Great Quake but that we were safe. He must have been frantic. Luckily, they gave him a free phone call home and he was able to get through, because we use an internet protocol phone and the internet was still working.

I was really rocking and rolling on my birthday. I might name my Cooper Roxie now...even though I always thought my Cooper would be a 'boy' but I think it works!

So glad to hear you guys are ok. Watching the news is terrifying. I hope the nuclear plants are brought under control!

Old 03-13-2011, 03:43 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Yay just found out there in no more nintendo... Go distoryed in the japan earthquake

There gave been tons of earthquakes lately I feel like the government isnt telling us something important

Old 03-13-2011, 06:49 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
*double post* don't know how to delete posts
Is yours done yet? Mine is shipping out tomorrow.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:49 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
That is awesome! I'll cross my fingers that it hits the docks on March 23, spends 2 days at the VDC, then 2-3 days on the road to Cincinnati (even though it's only 1 days drive). For Green Bay, that's another days drive past Cincinnati. I believe I read somewhere that the Baltimore VDC is a 7 day a week operation, whereas some VDC's are only 5 day. Basically, I'm hoping I can pick mine up by Tuesday March 29, but that 100% my own guess.

On a positive note, I checked with my MA, and as long as mine is in port in March, he said stop in and we could do whatever paperwork we needed to lock in any March incentives or finance offers.

Also, I'm not too far north of Cincinnati. And I spend 5 weeks or so every summer in the great state of Wisconsin - all my family roots are from there, so I hope to move there someday myself. I've got a boatload of 2nd and 3rd cousins aunts uncles not too far up the road from you (Green Bay, right?)...dispersed all through the Door County peninsula. I will miss my MINI dearly this summer while in Wisconsin...I'll have had it about 2-1/2 months, only to leave it behind for those 5 weeks.
Do you know what time our ship sails tomorrow?

Old 03-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
Is yours done yet? Mine is shipping out tomorrow.
I'm not near a computer right now (iPhone) so idk if it maybe came out of production early (which is scheduled for tomorrow) but I'm crossin my fingers that it will just get to the dealership before april

Old 03-14-2011, 04:19 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Do you know what time our ship sails tomorrow?
Current estimate is to depart at 21:00 (before this morning it was 18:00). I assume that to be UK time, which for me and you would be 2pm-3pm this afternoon. The ship is at the docks according to the Southampton dock info.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:57 AM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Current estimate is to depart at 21:00 (before this morning it was 18:00). I assume that to be UK time, which for me and you would be 2pm-3pm this afternoon. The ship is at the docks according to the Southampton dock info.
And where exactly do you go to find that info? What's the best way to track it?

Old 03-14-2011, 09:18 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
And where exactly do you go to find that info? What's the best way to track it?
The info is embedded within the How to Track Your Mini Post, but after sifting through all of that here's currently what is most useful:

The following link is to the Southampton port area info. As the page open, on the bottom right of your screen you should see Eastern Docks. Drag your screen a bit up and to the left so you can see all the way to the bottom of the Eastern Docks peninsula. The little Yellow markers around the edge of the shore/water are the docking berths...we're at Berth 34/35. At least for a few more hours today, you'll also see a slightly larger Green marker...hover your mouse over it and it will show you it is the TOPEKA - woot!!
http://www.ais-live.co.uk/aismap/AIS...uthampton.html

You can navigate to the below link also by clicking on Ship Movements on the above page, and then selecting Southampton Arrivals and Departures. As of the time of my typing this, Topeka is shown on Departures as 21:00.
http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp

Once it departs you can track it as a tiny lonely dot across the Atlantic with the following site. On this page enter TOPEKA, click search. Two Topeka's will pop up, we're on callsign MPTP3. Click the Lat/Long link under "Position" (not the link with ships name), and you'll get a map with a whole bunch of red dots and ship names. Zoom In and you'll eventually see the Topeka. If you click the ship name, then the map does not show the ship names. That's going to be a slow and lonely little dot across the Atlantics.
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/search.phtml

Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 AM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
The info is embedded within the How to Track Your Mini Post, but after sifting through all of that here's currently what is most useful:

The following link is to the Southampton port area info. As the page open, on the bottom right of your screen you should see Eastern Docks. Drag your screen a bit up and to the left so you can see all the way to the bottom of the Eastern Docks peninsula. The little Yellow markers around the edge of the shore/water are the docking berths...we're at Berth 34/35. At least for a few more hours today, you'll also see a slightly larger Green marker...hover your mouse over it and it will show you it is the TOPEKA - woot!!
http://www.ais-live.co.uk/aismap/AIS...uthampton.html

You can navigate to the below link also by clicking on Ship Movements on the above page, and then selecting Southampton Arrivals and Departures. As of the time of my typing this, Topeka is shown on Departures as 21:00.
http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp

Once it departs you can track it as a tiny lonely dot across the Atlantic with the following site. On this page enter TOPEKA, click search. Two Topeka's will pop up, we're on callsign MPTP3. Click the Lat/Long link under "Position" (not the link with ships name), and you'll get a map with a whole bunch of red dots and ship names. Zoom In and you'll eventually see the Topeka. If you click the ship name, then the map does not show the ship names. That's going to be a slow and lonely little dot across the Atlantics.
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/search.phtml
Thanks much. We're almost home!

Old 03-14-2011, 11:20 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
A little different in Canada

I finally found out what's up with my MINI! It's in production (started last week) will finish some time this week, then board a ship then wait to sail. I had to phone BMW Customer Service here in Canada, they were able to give me the low down on where my JCW was! Now I'm happy.

Buck

Old 03-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Martha21
1st Gear
Hi all, just found out from my dealer that he was able to get the Mini I want from another dealer. It is Produced awaiting shipment from the UK! So I guess I'll have it in about 3.5 weeks. Hopefully just the right amount of time to sell my current Civic. Never thought I'd get this excited about it . You guys are infectious!

Old 03-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Martha21
Hi all, just found out from my dealer that he was able to get the Mini I want from another dealer. It is Produced awaiting shipment from the UK! So I guess I'll have it in about 3.5 weeks. Hopefully just the right amount of time to sell my current Civic. Never thought I'd get this excited about it . You guys are infectious!
I know we are worse then the swine flu

Old 03-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Martha21
1st Gear
LOL no offense meant, Achilles honor! I meant it in a good way!

Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
I know we are worse then the swine flu
My MA thinks I am a freak. So does my wife. And my co-workers too. Maybe I have a problem. Up next...Alta access port...nutz!

Old 03-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by burntpeaks
My MA thinks I am a freak. So does my wife. And my co-workers too. Maybe I have a problem. Up next...Alta access port...nutz!
my girlfriend has threaten to break up with me cause i dont pay attention to her anymore i only pay attention to this website and seeing where my mini is at on its journey too me.. and i say hey, she just needs to know whos first in this reltionship.. and thats my mini lol.. im thinking she isnt gonna stick around that much longer

Last edited by Achilles honor; 03-15-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Martha21
LOL no offense meant, Achilles honor! I meant it in a good way!
lol i was playing around too.. do you think i really think that we are worse than swine flu..... thats just messed up

Old 03-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
As of now my status is "at port of exit" so im keeping my fingers crossed that it will be leaving on the mignon today so it can arrive in baltimore on the 26th..

Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
How long is the mini usually in vdc for?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:23 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
They try to get them out of the VDC in 3 days since I think they have to pay a storage fee of some sort after that.
Annette

Old 03-15-2011, 12:55 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
They try to get them out of the VDC in 3 days since I think they have to pay a storage fee of some sort after that.
Annette
My MA told me today that they usually arrive on their lot (in Wisconsin) 5-10 days after arriving at the port in the US, and that a safe bet is 7 days. If he's right, I should have my MINI on March 30.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
My MA told me today that they usually arrive on their lot (in Wisconsin) 5-10 days after arriving at the port in the US, and that a safe bet is 7 days. If he's right, I should have my MINI on March 30.
I hope that's right

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group