1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picture of the ship my baby's cruising on.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 PM
relim3
1st Gear
My car is finally being constructed! It's probably going to be taking either a fast or slow boat to Baltimore, but they'll both get there at the same time.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by relim3
My car is finally being constructed! It's probably going to be taking either a fast or slow boat to Baltimore, but they'll both get there at the same time.
lmao then wut was the point of saying its a fast or slow

Old 03-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by zonedguy
WW provides a great website for you to check to see whether your MINI is booked aboard WW (or ARC) ships. You will need to start at the WW Cargo Tracking website: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/. The page will allow you to enter your VIN (which you can obtain from the OL) in the Cargo ID field. If your MINI has been booked aboard a ship, your VIN will bring up a “Cargo Status History” and present you with a wide set of information related to your MINI’s cruise. You will find the status of your MINI as it progressed through the four stages of shipment – Booking, Reception at Terminal, Loaded on Vessel, and Discharged – at the bottom of the page. It is IMPORTANT to remember that WW is a European company, so dates on the WW site are listed in the European format of DD/MM/YYYY. Another incredibly helpful section is the schedule page which is accessible by clicking on your Voyage ID information. This will tell you the expected arrival and departure information for the various ports of your voyage.
where do i put my vin on this website to see if my cars booked

Old 03-15-2011, 07:00 PM
relim3
1st Gear
You put your VIN into the Cargo ID box. I've been using it to see how close my car is near completion with wildcards. I think WMW%BTY% searches all the Cooper S that have been shipped so far. The help link explains how to use wildcards.

I think the database gets updated a couple times a day but stops updating around 1500 UK time even though they accept shipments until 2100. Because the Mignon has set sail but they only have cars listed for Halifax and New York, but no Baltimore yet.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by relim3
You put your VIN into the Cargo ID box. I've been using it to see how close my car is near completion with wildcards. I think WMW%BTY% searches all the Cooper S that have been shipped so far. The help link explains how to use wildcards.

I think the database gets updated a couple times a day but stops updating around 1500 UK time even though they accept shipments until 2100. Because the Mignon has set sail but they only have cars listed for Halifax and New York, but no Baltimore yet.
i was gonna say i feel like my car is on the mignon but it wont let me track it.. wait when did the mignon stop accepting shipments and ship off?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 PM
relim3
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
i was gonna say i feel like my car is on the mignon but it wont let me track it.. wait when did the mignon stop accepting shipments and ship off?
Using this link from the tracking thread. Looks like the Mignon left at 16:43. I don't know when they stop taking cars into the ship.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:22 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question for all of you.

After you ordered your car, how many days did it take the Owner's Lounge to update and show your car?

I ordered on Sat, and as of tonight, its stiill showing what I guess is the orginal car that was in the production spot and definetly not the one I ordered.

Last edited by nykwan; 03-15-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by nykwan
Question for all of you.

After you ordered your car, how many days did it take the Owner's Lounge to update and show your car?

I ordered on Sat, and as of tonight, its stiill showing what I guess is the orginal car that was in the production spot and definetly not the one I ordered.
what do you mean? they never show u a pic of your car

Old 03-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Ginvent

Picture of the ship my baby's cruising on.
your on the mignon? are you on the ships tracking website?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:21 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
what do you mean? they never show u a pic of your car
I mean it shows a completely different car. I ordered a black/red JCW. Owners lounge says its a horizon blue justa.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I mean it shows a completely different car. I ordered a black/red JCW. Owners lounge says its a horizon blue justa.
thats really weird

Old 03-15-2011, 11:39 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
thats really weird
I'm guessing taht taht was the car the dealer orignally had configured and in that production spot. And then if they sell a custom order (like mine), they can just modify the order if it hasnt' gone to production yet.
But I would expect that it should have updated by now. Salesperson told me yesterday that my order is correct since it all shows on my sheet. But i guess I'll check again in the morning, and if it hasn't updated, I'll call my salesperson again.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Ive never heard it done that way before

Old 03-16-2011, 03:46 AM
jearl
2nd Gear
If you are using Safari, it won't work the the WW tracking site. I need to use Firefox (IE probably works too) in order to get to the tracking page where I can put in my VIN. My MINI is on the Mignon...the same ship my last MINI came across on. The Mignon is quite the party barge

Old 03-16-2011, 04:20 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
thats really weird
No its not weird. It's the norm. It will take a few days to update to show the car that you're having built. I know its hard but try to have a little patience. The OL lags in information. It's nerve wracking but you'll see it and then you can really start the tracking madness.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:59 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
I'm guessing taht taht was the car the dealer orignally had configured and in that production spot. And then if they sell a custom order (like mine), they can just modify the order if it hasnt' gone to production yet.
But I would expect that it should have updated by now. Salesperson told me yesterday that my order is correct since it all shows on my sheet. But i guess I'll check again in the morning, and if it hasn't updated, I'll call my salesperson again.
This is the normal way it's done if your dealer gives you an existing slot. It will probably show the original car ordered until it actually gets in the build slot. If you call the 866-ASKMINI number and speak to an actual person they can probably give you an estimated build date but it will most likely still show the other car until it gets into the shop. We have ordered 3 MINIs and this is the way they were all gotten into production quicker. Some people here have dealers who didn't have build allotments to "trade" so their MINIs actually got "in line" and didn't cut the line like yours is kind of doing. Don't call your MA about it now, believe me you will be calling him later when you get to the transport stage since that is when he is the only one who can tell you where the car is (once it's on a ship and then in the VDC) so save the frantic phone calls for then.
Annette

Old 03-16-2011, 06:29 AM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
This is the normal way it's done if your dealer gives you an existing slot. It will probably show the original car ordered until it actually gets in the build slot. If you call the 866-ASKMINI number and speak to an actual person they can probably give you an estimated build date but it will most likely still show the other car until it gets into the shop. We have ordered 3 MINIs and this is the way they were all gotten into production quicker. Some people here have dealers who didn't have build allotments to "trade" so their MINIs actually got "in line" and didn't cut the line like yours is kind of doing. Don't call your MA about it now, believe me you will be calling him later when you get to the transport stage since that is when he is the only one who can tell you where the car is (once it's on a ship and then in the VDC) so save the frantic phone calls for then.
Annette
Thank you! I was starting to worry this morning when the OL still showed a different car.

Edit:
Just got off the phone and the person at ASKMINI confirms that my JCW is really in there. /sigh of relief

But she said they have no dates in there, so she couldn't tell me when it is scheduled for production. :( So I'm hoping my MA will be right when she told me that it should be right away when the first April production starts.

Last edited by nykwan; 03-16-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 AM
minipilot515
1st Gear
Anyone else on the Topeka?

Old 03-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
for some reason it wont let me track my mini on the website :( idk if it got on a ship or not it just keeps saying "No Records Found"

Old 03-16-2011, 11:52 AM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minipilot515
Anyone else on the Topeka?
Mine is on Topeka, also. I saw that it left the port on March 14 but haven't tracked it recently, have you?

Old 03-16-2011, 12:24 PM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
Mine is on Topeka, also. I saw that it left the port on March 14 but haven't tracked it recently, have you?
Unfortunately, now we're at the mercy of the ship reporting it's coordinates from time to time while at sea. On the ship tracker the last instance of that was on March 15 a bit past midnight. I actually sat and watched the Southampton live ship movement website the evening of the 14th as the Topeka set sail. The family thought I was a bit nuts as I also had the live harbor radio broadcast going too. I heard the Topeka at least mentioned once, but other than that have no idea what communications may have been to/from that ship. There was also live webcam point across the channel and I got to see the Topeka sail past...but believe me, this was a lackluster viewing....it was pitch black, and when it sailed past I could only see the small light on the bow and the stern, and the distant lights on the opposite shoreline disappear for a bit...nothing else was lit up on the ship and it was too daggone dark to even see the ship silhouette. Well, the last position reported was only hour or two after I watched it set sail past Portsmouth and toward the English Channel.

The next thing worth watching is the Port of Baltimore arrival info. Topeka is currently listed with ETA of 7:00am on March 23. If there's a better website to monitor the actual arrivals, I'll find it closer to the 23rd!

http://www.portarrivals.com/list.asp...10&t=BALTIMORE

Old 03-16-2011, 12:31 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
for some reason it wont let me track my mini on the website :( idk if it got on a ship or not it just keeps saying "No Records Found"

That means its not booked or on a ship yet. Check the WW shipping schedule and see which ship is the next to depart that will deliver to your POC. You can keep plugging in your VIN and you will see that it will be booked on a ship soon.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:40 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
Unfortunately, now we're at the mercy of the ship reporting it's coordinates from time to time while at sea. On the ship tracker the last instance of that was on March 15 a bit past midnight. I actually sat and watched the Southampton live ship movement website the evening of the 14th as the Topeka set sail. The family thought I was a bit nuts as I also had the live harbor radio broadcast going too. I heard the Topeka at least mentioned once, but other than that have no idea what communications may have been to/from that ship. There was also live webcam point across the channel and I got to see the Topeka sail past...but believe me, this was a lackluster viewing....it was pitch black, and when it sailed past I could only see the small light on the bow and the stern, and the distant lights on the opposite shoreline disappear for a bit...nothing else was lit up on the ship and it was too daggone dark to even see the ship silhouette. Well, the last position reported was only hour or two after I watched it set sail past Portsmouth and toward the English Channel.

The next thing worth watching is the Port of Baltimore arrival info. Topeka is currently listed with ETA of 7:00am on March 23. If there's a better website to monitor the actual arrivals, I'll find it closer to the 23rd!

http://www.portarrivals.com/list.asp...10&t=BALTIMORE

I see that nothing has been updated since March 15. I guess I thought we'd get more regular updates than that.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
That means its not booked or on a ship yet. Check the WW shipping schedule and see which ship is the next to depart that will deliver to your POC. You can keep plugging in your VIN and you will see that it will be booked on a ship soon.
the patriot is departing today but i would think my car would be booked by now

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group