1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
the patriot is departing today but i would think my car would be booked by now
When did your car get to the docks?

Old 03-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Mo'Phat
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by nykwan
Thank you! I was starting to worry this morning when the OL still showed a different car.

Edit:
Just got off the phone and the person at ASKMINI confirms that my JCW is really in there. /sigh of relief

But she said they have no dates in there, so she couldn't tell me when it is scheduled for production. :( So I'm hoping my MA will be right when she told me that it should be right away when the first April production starts.
I placed my order on 3/3/11, and the OL showed the wrong car until 3/7. Then nothing really changed for more than a week. No production date was given. I called my MA yesterday (3/16) to see when and if it would be given a production date, and she researched it. Called back to tell me that my car is in paint...which, according to the How To Track Your Mini thread, is the 7th of 8 days construction. So...I guess my car is done today.

So, what I'm saying is that the OL is pretty useless for tracking purposes.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
When did your car get to the docks?
The 15th

Old 03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
relim3
1st Gear
the patriot is departing today but i would think my car would be booked by now
Patriot arrives at Southampton on the 17th. It left Bremerhaven on the 15th. If your car isn't booked yet it might be tonight or tomorrow morning. According to the schedule it should leave Southampton for the US at 6pm on the 17th.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
i love this link http://www.ais-live.co.uk/aismap/AIS...uthampton.html

i just sit back and watch the live feed and listen to the ship radio.. they arre all say good morning to each othere right now and heres a screen shot of the lot of mini's that are waiting on their ships to take them across the pond. my mini (tyrone biggums) is in this lot

Old 03-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by relim3
Patriot arrives at Southampton on the 17th. It left Bremerhaven on the 15th. If your car isn't booked yet it might be tonight or tomorrow morning. According to the schedule it should leave Southampton for the US at 6pm on the 17th.
are you also on the patriot?? have you been booked already i see thaat you already have it in your sig

Old 03-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
HAHAHA im listening to the live ship radio right now and southhampton VTS are making fun of some drunk guy thats falling and stumbling all over the place... The main operater said who wants to go get this guy and then you here like 7 people say not it and then the operator tells some guy to do it then he replys back with the most sarcastic thank you (sadly enough this is my entertainment right now at 4am lol)

haha they are now talking about how this kid (they said he was about 16 or 17) is "stoned" out of his mind also... and now they are making fun of his weight, they just said "i cant believe it this kid is almost bigger than pauly" (makes me wonder how big this pauly is lol)...

Last edited by Achilles honor; 03-17-2011 at 01:16 AM. Reason: This keeps getting funnier and funnier
Old 03-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I was board so i mdae this:

Old 03-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
ok so the patriot is no departing and im still having trouble tracking with my vin.. i hope my babies on that ship

Old 03-17-2011, 11:05 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
He's on the way!

I just found out that my Maxx is on the way! He boarded the Mignon on the 14th and set sail the next day! They are about 1/3 the way across the pond already. They are scheduled to arrive in Halifax on the 22nd. Now I'm getting excited! I may even have him in my driveway before I go on holiday!

Buck

Old 03-17-2011, 11:14 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Talked to the MA this morning. Mine is still sitting in Savannah at the trucking company lot!!!! Day 6 and it's just sitting. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed. Since my guess is the trucking people decided to stay in Savannah for St. Patrick's Day and leave me carless for an extra unnecessary week. I'm this close to calling the other MINI dealership and seeing what they have on the lot and just going an picking something up.
Annette

Old 03-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
Talked to the MA this morning. Mine is still sitting in Savannah at the trucking company lot!!!! Day 6 and it's just sitting. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed. Since my guess is the trucking people decided to stay in Savannah for St. Patrick's Day and leave me carless for an extra unnecessary week. I'm this close to calling the other MINI dealership and seeing what they have on the lot and just going an picking something up.
Annette
drive up to savannah and take it upon your own hands to take your mini a drive it to the dealership yourself... ask your mini assistant if that an option lol

Old 03-17-2011, 11:20 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
The dealer just confirmed what I found out! I'll get to go see him just before I go on holiday. They'll do the blackout for me while I'm gone!

Buck

Old 03-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Oh and i cant believe we already almost finished our group buy.. i think we should deff go for 10 if he throws more money off

Old 03-17-2011, 11:26 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Hey Achilles honor, that image was taken April 19, 2007. Wouldn't it be cool to see images that are minutes old instead of years.

Buck

Old 03-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by buckland
Hey Achilles honor, that image was taken April 19, 2007. Wouldn't it be cool to see images that are minutes old instead of years.

Buck
yay i know but thats all i could come up with. so i just like to imagine

Old 03-17-2011, 01:58 PM
relim3
1st Gear
ok so the patriot is no departing and im still having trouble tracking with my vin.. i hope my babies on that ship
Doing some wildcard searches it doesn't look any Minis got loaded on the Patriot in the UK. I see a bunch of WMWZB and WMWZC loaded in Germany, which are the start of VINs for Countrymans.

Guess we get to wait for the faster Talisman on the 22nd.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
My MA said shes at the VDC OMG how much longer till I can drive my baby!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 06:25 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Ginvent
My MA said shes at the VDC OMG how much longer till I can drive my baby!!!
Just a couple of more days. My MA hasn't told me ****.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:09 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
I'm pretty sure I'm going to bail on my '11 now. It's still at the shipping lot(the trucking companies lot) and for some reason this just feels like the universe giving me the option to rethink the whole thing. I'd really prefer another '06 and I don't feel the need to be getting a new car right now since we just bought the Countryman and adding 2 brand new cars to the insurance policy is just outrageous. I'm going to spend the next couple of days looking at the '06s out there and decide. My MA left me a message to call him to set up my delivery "in case" the car shows up at the dealership and I sent him a text to just hold off on setting up an appointment and I'll call him one day next week.
I feel bad because it's not the MAs fault, it is the dealerships fault. They switched to a new trucking company because it is cheaper, but I guess you get what you pay for, huh. Maybe if they miss a few more sales then they'll find a more reliable trucking company. In the meantime I'll be looking elsewhere.
Annette

Old 03-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I'm pretty sure I'm going to bail on my '11 now. It's still at the shipping lot(the trucking companies lot) and for some reason this just feels like the universe giving me the option to rethink the whole thing. I'd really prefer another '06 and I don't feel the need to be getting a new car right now since we just bought the Countryman and adding 2 brand new cars to the insurance policy is just outrageous. I'm going to spend the next couple of days looking at the '06s out there and decide. My MA left me a message to call him to set up my delivery "in case" the car shows up at the dealership and I sent him a text to just hold off on setting up an appointment and I'll call him one day next week.
I feel bad because it's not the MAs fault, it is the dealerships fault. They switched to a new trucking company because it is cheaper, but I guess you get what you pay for, huh. Maybe if they miss a few more sales then they'll find a more reliable trucking company. In the meantime I'll be looking elsewhere.
Annette
nooooo annette!! well miss you in the 2nd gen group but honestly i would be thinking the same thing as you right now. thats is completly unprofessional! but honestly do you really want to go back to a supercharger? wouldnt it be better to change things up from el kabong. let him lay to rest. the turbo is a whole diffrent ride (that ive read of) but if you make the choice to go back then honestly i would blame ya. what they are doing right now with your mini is the most unproffesional thing ive ever heard. Thats more unprofessional then orangecrush's experiance with his dealership messing up his car over and over again

Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
The dealership is being honest. It wasn't their choice to switch trucking companies and the sales mgr was honest and said that this trucking company is less than stellar compared to the last one.
I totally prefer the supercharger, I also like the body style of the 1st Gen much better. I liked my headlamps in the bonnet when I opened it up(go check out some of the night pics at Midnight on the Dragon). I like the sound of the CAI with the s/c and while the new clutch is much smoother, I still like the old one better.
I just found a JCS '06 in Astro Black metallic with everything I wanted, so I'm thinking the '11 just wasn't meant to be.
Annette

Old 03-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
The dealership is being honest. It wasn't their choice to switch trucking companies and the sales mgr was honest and said that this trucking company is less than stellar compared to the last one.
I totally prefer the supercharger, I also like the body style of the 1st Gen much better. I liked my headlamps in the bonnet when I opened it up(go check out some of the night pics at Midnight on the Dragon). I like the sound of the CAI with the s/c and while the new clutch is much smoother, I still like the old one better.
I just found a JCS '06 in Astro Black metallic with everything I wanted, so I'm thinking the '11 just wasn't meant to be.
Annette
doesnt the 2011's head lights come up with the bonnet?

Old 03-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
The info is embedded within the How to Track Your Mini Post, but after sifting through all of that here's currently what is most useful:

The following link is to the Southampton port area info. As the page open, on the bottom right of your screen you should see Eastern Docks. Drag your screen a bit up and to the left so you can see all the way to the bottom of the Eastern Docks peninsula. The little Yellow markers around the edge of the shore/water are the docking berths...we're at Berth 34/35. At least for a few more hours today, you'll also see a slightly larger Green marker...hover your mouse over it and it will show you it is the TOPEKA - woot!!
http://www.ais-live.co.uk/aismap/AIS...uthampton.html

You can navigate to the below link also by clicking on Ship Movements on the above page, and then selecting Southampton Arrivals and Departures. As of the time of my typing this, Topeka is shown on Departures as 21:00.
http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp

Once it departs you can track it as a tiny lonely dot across the Atlantic with the following site. On this page enter TOPEKA, click search. Two Topeka's will pop up, we're on callsign MPTP3. Click the Lat/Long link under "Position" (not the link with ships name), and you'll get a map with a whole bunch of red dots and ship names. Zoom In and you'll eventually see the Topeka. If you click the ship name, then the map does not show the ship names. That's going to be a slow and lonely little dot across the Atlantics.
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/search.phtml
Originally Posted by RDemo2
Thanks much. We're almost home!
im guessing yall cars are these 2:
WMWSV3C53BTY14838 LOADED ON VESSEL SOUTHAMPTON 14-03-2011 15:07:00 CF107-TOP
WMWSV3C53BTY14869 LOADED ON VESSEL SOUTHAMPTON 14-03-2011 15:02:00 CF107-TOP
if so yall are lucky as ****.. those were the only 2 minis loded on to the topeka from southhampton

Old 03-18-2011, 05:55 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
im guessing yall cars are these 2:
WMWSV3C53BTY14838 LOADED ON VESSEL SOUTHAMPTON 14-03-2011 15:07:00 CF107-TOP
WMWSV3C53BTY14869 LOADED ON VESSEL SOUTHAMPTON 14-03-2011 15:02:00 CF107-TOP
if so yall are lucky as ****.. those were the only 2 minis loded on to the topeka from southhampton
There's more...my VIN starts with WMWSU (not WMWSV). Of course, you made me go take do a double-check to make sure the U was right

Last record I can find on the "cruise" is it was headed into the Atlantic on Wednesday mid-day. Not sure how often or if ships are even required to call in their location once in the middle of the sea, so may not see any signs again until off the shore of the U.S. maybe on Tuesday.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group