1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:30 AM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
There's more...my VIN starts with WMWSU (not WMWSV). Of course, you made me go take do a double-check to make sure the U was right

Last record I can find on the "cruise" is it was headed into the Atlantic on Wednesday mid-day. Not sure how often or if ships are even required to call in their location once in the middle of the sea, so may not see any signs again until off the shore of the U.S. maybe on Tuesday.
Mine starts with that but ends with a different five numbers. ... How were you able to see VINs that weren't yours?

Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
Mine starts with that but ends with a different five numbers. ... How were you able to see VINs that weren't yours?
In the cargo field you can just put in partial VIN, like first 10-12 characters or more and you'll get back a whole list of VINs that start with that across a whole bunch of ships, maybe even from the past.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Drewbrese
3rd Gear
I am very jealous of those that are so close to getting their new cars. Just ordered my a few days ago and the wait is already agonizing.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:47 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
crrrrrrap. Topeka now shows a Baltimore arrival date of Mar 24. When she set sail on the 14th the arrival date was supposed to be Mar 23 at 7am.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:48 AM
TXKev
1st Gear
I can't believe how fast my new MINI is moving. It was ordered, Monday, Mar. 7th. On Friday, Mar. 11 it was Scheduled for Production. I just checked today and it is Awaiting Transport. I can't wait to get it. My MA told me that it is supposed come to the port in Georgia. Then take a truck to Texas. So if figure this time next month I should be zipping around town in it. Better get its place in the garage cleaned up.

Thanks,
Kev

Old 03-18-2011, 06:53 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Drewbrese
I am very jealous of those that are so close to getting their new cars. Just ordered my a few days ago and the wait is already agonizing.
I think part of the worst part is when you don't know where in the process your car is....I went almost 3 weeks from the time I put my order in to when it was at least in the queue for production. At least once it hit's production you'll get an idea of expected completion date. Seems like the delivery of the car to the docks and onto a ship goes pretty efficient and you can kind of set your expectations by checking the shipping schedules and comparing to your completion date...but once that ship sets sail, just gotta wait til it hits the docks...then cross your fingers things will be efficient at the VDC and trucking to your dealer.

I bet a lot of us would be willing to travel great distance to meet our MINI's right off the ship and drive it away from there, rather than another 5-10 days before it reaches the dealer

Old 03-18-2011, 07:37 AM
Martha21
1st Gear
Hi All, just got news about my MINI! It is now En Route on the ship Mignon. I looked it up and it is currently at N 47 24’, W 028 48’. That seems to be about halfway across the pond. Is there a way to get an estimated arrival for this ship? I can't find it in a google search! Thanks

Last edited by Martha21; 03-18-2011 at 07:40 AM. Reason: To fix the weird font thing
Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Martha21
1st Gear
Sorry, I didn't notice the 'how to track' sticky on this page. Never mind!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:07 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Martha21
Hi All, just got news about my MINI! It is now En Route on the ship Mignon. I looked it up and it is currently at N 47 24’, W 028 48’. That seems to be about halfway across the pond. Is there a way to get an estimated arrival for this ship? I can't find it in a google search! Thanks
ah, that's great you're getting decent updates on the whereabouts of the Mignon. The Topeka I'm trying to track left a day earlier, but depending on which ship tracker site you use, the more recent last update is from mid-day on the 15th, just south of Ireland still heading out to sea. I was really kinda hoping to watch the little dot progress across the pond day by day, so now I'm figuring I won't see it til it's off the coast of the U.S. and has to report in somewhere. Hopefully there was no issues with it, cause it's ETA got bumped a day later now. With St. Patrick's Day yesterday, maybe the shipmates figured they were close enough to Ireland so they docked there instead steaming into the Atlantic.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Martha21
1st Gear
Oh, that stinks that you can't watch it! Good luck and I hope it does arrive on time! We are getting the same color, but mine has different configurations.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:43 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Almost half way!

I just looked and the Mignon is just about half way across the pond. Scheduled to arrive in Halifax Nova Scotia on the 21st or 22nd. From there I'm guessing it heads south. My Maxx should get to the dealer early in April! YAY!

Buck

Old 03-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Martha21
1st Gear
Woohoo, Buckland! My MINI's on the same vessel as yours Can't wait!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:49 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Way cool! Where 'bouts are you? I'm near Toronto.

Buck

Old 03-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Martha21
1st Gear
I'm in Connecticut...I wonder how they'll transport it south to me.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Ah, I see you are in Connecticut. Where do you think the ship will dock for you?

Buck

Old 03-18-2011, 10:52 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
It's going to take a week to ten days to get to my dealer. Hey, maybe I should have gotten him from a dealer in Halifax! lol

Buck

Old 03-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Martha21
1st Gear
LOL! Maybe they'll continue on the ship and drop mine off in NY. Seems like that might make more sense than driving it all the way. That is a long time for it to take to get to the dealer from the time they drop it off!

Old 03-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Mine keeps missing all the boats for some reason now my is getting loaded on the 22 and arrives on the 1st so at least its a fast boat but i wish it would have got on the mignon ugh now i need to hope my MA says we can prolong the march incentive or im hoping the april incentives are amazing since they are already lowering the prices on all the jcw parts

Old 03-18-2011, 02:52 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
Mine keeps missing all the boats for some reason now my is getting loaded on the 22 and arrives on the 1st so at least its a fast boat but i wish it would have got on the mignon ugh now i need to hope my MA says we can prolong the march incentive or im hoping the april incentives are amazing since they are already lowering the prices on all the jcw parts
Dude. That sucks. Hang in the buddy! I have been hearing that the MA's can lock .09% but not the option. Hopefully they keep the great deal for April. Get on your dealer about it (like I know you will) . Good luck.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:56 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Martha21
LOL! Maybe they'll continue on the ship and drop mine off in NY. Seems like that might make more sense than driving it all the way. That is a long time for it to take to get to the dealer from the time they drop it off!
If you have no options being installed at Port it should be 3-4 days to dealer once it arrives at VDC. Where are you in CT? I am in Fairfield Co.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by burntpeaks
Dude. That sucks. Hang in the buddy! I have been hearing that the MA's can lock .09% but not the option. Hopefully they keep the great deal for April. Get on your dealer about it (like I know you will) . Good luck.
haha ive actually been pretty nice to my MA not bugging him that much so he likes me. so when it comes to time to make a choice if i save money or not. he'll do the right thing.. cant wait till april

Old 03-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Achilles honor is everywhere I go - scary!

My JCW was produced on Tuesday (at least per ol.miniusa.com) and hopped on the boat this morning. Woohoo!

And my MA called and offered .9% financing a week or two back....

Can't wait...any idea how long from boat departure in the England to CA - Sacramento? I hear 3-4 weeks from my MA but not sure if he is overestimating to be safe....

EDIT: Just found this link and it's very helpful...DOH!
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

Old 03-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Grimnebulin
Achilles honor is everywhere I go - scary!

My JCW was produced on Tuesday (at least per ol.miniusa.com) and hopped on the boat this morning. Woohoo!

And my MA (dealer salesman?) called and offered .9% financing a week or two back....

Can't wait...any idea how long from boat departure in the England to CA - Sacramento? I hear 3-4 weeks from my MA (Motoring Associate?) but not sure if he is overestimating to be safe....
tell me what day your boat left the docks and ill link you all the info you need.. i need something to do while im waiting for my mini to get on the boat

Old 03-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
tell me what day your boat left the docks and ill link you all the info you need.. i need something to do while im waiting for my mini to get on the boat
Not 100% sure but this morning (6am PST) when I checked its status on the ol.miniusa.com site, the status had changed to "en route"...it's coming to CA if that helps. Can you figure out the name of the boat with only that? Or should I call my MA on Monday and find out the name of the boat?

Old 03-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ put your vin in the cargo id part

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group