1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No way to delete a post? See next post please.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ put your vin in the cargo id part
Link doesn't work for me in either Chrome or Safari...all I get is a blank page.

You have PM.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:59 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Drewbrese
I am very jealous of those that are so close to getting their new cars. Just ordered my a few days ago and the wait is already agonizing.
Tell me about it. I ordered my car on March 2. On March 15, I called my MA and inquired about it. The Lounge keeps saying "On Order." He looked it up and said it'll start production on March 21. I'm in San Jose, CA. The boat will take extra long to West Coast. So doesn't look like I'll get my car till late April, possible May. Oh well. Nothing I can do but wait. I'm not even ordering anything funky either, I think. I ordered:
Clubman S
Laser blue body and roof color
Silver C pillars
Premium package
Xenon headlights
Cloth seats
16" wheels

Yes, I know cloth. I like cloth seats. My friends says I'm crazy and lame for ordering it with cloth seats. Even my dad says order leather and buy cloth seat covers.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Grimnebulin
Link doesn't work for me in either Chrome or Safari...all I get is a blank page.

You have PM.
yay i got you whatever you want to know ill look it up for you

Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by darthhen
Tell me about it. I ordered my car on March 2. On March 15, I called my MA and inquired about it. The Lounge keeps saying "On Order." He looked it up and said it'll start production on March 21. I'm in San Jose, CA. The boat will take extra long to West Coast. So doesn't look like I'll get my car till late April, possible May. Oh well. Nothing I can do but wait. I'm not even ordering anything funky either, I think. I ordered:
Clubman S
Laser blue body and roof color
Silver C pillars
Premium package
Xenon headlights
Cloth seats
16" wheels

Yes, I know cloth. I like cloth seats. My friends says I'm crazy and lame for ordering it with cloth seats. Even my dad says order leather and buy cloth seat covers.
FWIW - it took almost 5 weeks before mine even went into production. Be patient.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:41 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
I found that Firefox works pretty good for that link.

Buck

Old 03-19-2011, 03:42 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by buckland
I found that Firefox works pretty good for that link.

Buck
+1

Old 03-19-2011, 03:47 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
My pleasure.

Buck

Old 03-19-2011, 03:52 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Ever closer

I just took a look at the position of the ship that is bringing my baby home to me and saw that it is more than half way here already.
This waiting is tough, maybe I'll go to Mexico for some R&R before I pick him up.

Buck

Old 03-19-2011, 05:35 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
double post

Last edited by BoCRon; 03-19-2011 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:39 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Ok, my husband talked me down off the ledge and convinced me that I wasn't being frivolous by getting a new MINI instead of a used one. So I'll be picking up my '11 today. I think part of my problem was that getting the new one made it final that El Kabong is gone. I tend to get very attached to certain cars (obviously ). My mom used to love to tell the story of when I was about 3-4 and they sold our old Ford Galaxy and I apparently stood in the driveway sobbing when the guy drove away in it. To the point that the guy almost didn't buy the car .

I'll post some pics later.
Annette

Old 03-19-2011, 06:10 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Oddly enough, when my wife and I traded our Subaru Baja "Peppy" in for our Prius "Phoebe", my wife cried and I actually had a lump in my throat! After I get my MINI "Maxx" I'll be selling Phoebe, but I don't think I'll be shedding any tears. Just tears of joy at having fun driving again!

Buck

Old 03-19-2011, 06:49 AM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
crrrrrrap. Topeka now shows a Baltimore arrival date of Mar 24. When she set sail on the 14th the arrival date was supposed to be Mar 23 at 7am.
Where did you see that it's arriving on March 24?

This schedule still says the 23rd?

http://www.portarrivals.com/list.asp...10&t=BALTIMORE

Old 03-19-2011, 07:18 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Originally Posted by buckland
Just tears of joy at having fun driving again!

Buck

Old 03-19-2011, 08:27 AM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
Ok, my husband talked me down off the ledge and convinced me that I wasn't being frivolous by getting a new MINI instead of a used one. So I'll be picking up my '11 today. I think part of my problem was that getting the new one made it final that El Kabong is gone. I tend to get very attached to certain cars (obviously ). My mom used to love to tell the story of when I was about 3-4 and they sold our old Ford Galaxy and I apparently stood in the driveway sobbing when the guy drove away in it. To the point that the guy almost didn't buy the car .

I'll post some pics later.
Annette
You guys have a countryman too, right? You have me thinking that I may get one too for my wife vs. an Acadia. She has been driving a Yukon for years and really wants to size down. I worry it might be too small...how are you guys enjoying it? I have 3 kids so I'd have to wait for bench seat option and it might be too tight...but I am sure its fun to drive.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
Ok, our deposit has run through the bank (March 9th) and we have heard nothing from our MA. We've received no email from MINI USA site. Today is the 20th, is this normal? I am still in Japan but getting ready to evacuate in the next couple of days (its voluntary, but the command is insistent anyway). I'm pretty much trying to distract myself from what's going on here...

How long once your deposit went through did it take for you to hear from your MA and MINI?

Old 03-19-2011, 10:59 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Grimnebulin
FWIW - it took almost 5 weeks before mine even went into production. Be patient.
Wow...five weeks....I would've gone insane

Old 03-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mojodiva
Ok, our deposit has run through the bank (March 9th) and we have heard nothing from our MA. We've received no email from MINI USA site. Today is the 20th, is this normal? I am still in Japan but getting ready to evacuate in the next couple of days (its voluntary, but the command is insistent anyway). I'm pretty much trying to distract myself from what's going on here...

How long once your deposit went through did it take for you to hear from your MA and MINI?
2 weeks before mine went to production.. can go up to five weeks too... thats the hardest part sitting there waiting for production.. and i hope your okay.. whats happening in china is horrible

Old 03-19-2011, 11:23 AM
lithium77
1st Gear

It really depends on whether or not your dealer gave you an existing spot in their line up or whether you needed to wait until their next allocation. As others have said, it could take up to 5 weeks or so if you didn't get an existing spot in the line. If you got an existing spot it could only take a few days. I assume you have a production number? At any rate, have you signed up and tracked it in the OL? Does that just say its on order still?

Old 03-19-2011, 11:45 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
Where did you see that it's arriving on March 24?

This schedule still says the 23rd?

http://www.portarrivals.com/list.asp...10&t=BALTIMORE

If you go back to the ship cargo tracking link and put your VIN back in there and look up that record it now shows Mar 24 for Baltimore. It previously had listed Mar 23. Also, if you find the WW Shipping Schedule, it has also changed from estimated arrival of Mar 23 to Mar 24. I figure WW's own info is more accurate than the port info.

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF

Hopefully the Topeka will somehow find a faster current in the ocean and get back on original schedule. I really wish I knew why it got delayed and the other ship location stuff would show it's location more recent than where it was on Wednesday.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lithium77
It really depends on whether or not your dealer gave you an existing spot in their line up or whether you needed to wait until their next allocation. As others have said, it could take up to 5 weeks or so if you didn't get an existing spot in the line. If you got an existing spot it could only take a few days. I assume you have a production number? At any rate, have you signed up and tracked it in the OL? Does that just say its on order still?
That's just it- I haven't received anything to tell me how to sign up at the Owner's Lounge and look up the order. No production number or anything. I have no idea if we have an existing spot or not...

Hopefully the evac here will be done by Tuesday and I can actually go to the MINI dealership before next Friday and talk to the MA in person.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:20 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
It's nice out and I was bored so I drove by the VDC today to see if I could see my car. I saw lots of nice MINI's but I didn't see mine.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
That's just it- I haven't received anything to tell me how to sign up at the Owner's Lounge and look up the order. No production number or anything. I have no idea if we have an existing spot or not...

Hopefully the evac here will be done by Tuesday and I can actually go to the MINI dealership before next Friday and talk to the MA in person.
I'm guessing you can't call from there right? I'd call for you if you'd PM me your info. Waiting sucks.

But most importantly, I hope you and your family are ok and will return home safely.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
My MA gave me my order number when I put down the deposit. The order number activated on the ol.miniusa.com website a few days later. I'd email your MA and ask for your order number. I found my MA's email on my Mini dealer's website.

On a different note, I got a priority one production spot from my dealer an production should have began a few day later. However there was a component shortage (per my MA and Mini 800#) for my JCW so that's why it took 5 weeks to make.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
My MA just called says that my MINI is in the lot and I can pick her up Monday gonna go see here now!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group