1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:59 PM
lithium77
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojodiva
That's just it- I haven't received anything to tell me how to sign up at the Owner's Lounge and look up the order. No production number or anything. I have no idea if we have an existing spot or not...

Hopefully the evac here will be done by Tuesday and I can actually go to the MINI dealership before next Friday and talk to the MA in person.
You should call/email your MA and ask for the production order number. With that you can sign into the OL and call MINIUSA and get order status. This number is assigned once your MA actually puts the order in the system so if its been a few days he/she should have it by now. When I ordered the MA actually put the order into the system while I was sitting there and gave me the production order number that instant along with a print out of everything that was on the car order including the port of call for the car etc.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:00 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Ginvent
My MA just called says that my MINI is in the lot and I can pick her up Monday gonna go see here now!

OMG really? That was so fast!

Old 03-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
OMG really? That was so fast!
actually his was the exact recommended time around 6 weeks

Old 03-19-2011, 01:58 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
actually his was the exact recommended time around 6 weeks
actually, I meant that it was so fast that his MINI just got to the VDC 2 days ago and its already ready to be picked up.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
actually, I meant that it was so fast that his MINI just got to the VDC 2 days ago and its already ready to be picked up.
oh thought you were talking bout the whole process cause as you can see from his sig it was not a fast process for him

Old 03-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
My MA just called says that my MINI is in the lot and I can pick her up Monday gonna go see here now!
where was your vdc at?

Old 03-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
where was your vdc at?
NY/NJ and my dealer is in central jersey

Old 03-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
no wonder you got you baby so fast i would have literally gone to the vdc and followed my mini to my dealer with my credit card in my had lol

Old 03-19-2011, 05:48 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Well, he's here! By the time we got home, it was starting to get dark so I'll have to do some better pics tomorrow.
Here he was when we first walked into the showroom.

Here is a pic in the spotlights under the disco ball .

A pic when we got home with his big brother, Wulfric.

More tomorrow!

Annette

Old 03-19-2011, 05:52 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
NY/NJ and my dealer is in central jersey
Princeton?

Old 03-19-2011, 05:53 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Annette looks beautiful! Congrats on making the decision to go ahead with it.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
Well, he's here! By the time we got home, it was starting to get dark so I'll have to do some better pics tomorrow.
Here he was when we first walked into the showroom.

Here is a pic in the spotlights under the disco ball .

A pic when we got home with his big brother, Wulfric.

More tomorrow!

Annette
yessss annette you got it, i was secretly crossing my fingers hoping you would get it so you would be able to be part of our group buy

Old 03-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
my baby has been at the docks since the 15th and still nobody has even booked her a ship yet.. i just got off the phone with her and she is scarred and just wants to be home sitting in my driveway.. anyone want to go pick her up for me?? She's the sexy black one waiting at the top of the garage at the eastern docks. thnx

Old 03-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Princeton?
Mt Laurel. I go pick her up tomorrow but my MA say they may have problems with finalizing my loan with USAA any one familiar with USAA car loan?

Old 03-20-2011, 05:23 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Mt Laurel. I go pick her up tomorrow but my MA say they may have problems with finalizing my loan with USAA any one familiar with USAA car loan?

I thought they go through MINI Financial. If USAA doesn't work you can try MINI Financial or a credit union. Good luck. I hope you get to bring it home tomorrow.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:24 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't know anything about USAA but why not just use the 0.9% offered from Mini then if the other one will be a problem?
If I could even get qualified for it, then I'm pretty sure almost anyone can.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by nykwan
Don't know anything about USAA but why not just use the 0.9% offered from Mini then if the other one will be a problem?
If I could even get qualified for it, then I'm pretty sure almost anyone can.
wish i could but mini wont let the car go oversees and me being military it is kinda a must.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:37 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Achilles honor, Mozart waited 8 days before getting put on a boat. I'm betting yours will be on a boat by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Just be glad you're not waiting on one of the CMs coming from Bremerhaven, most of those wait around 2 weeks before getting loaded on a boat!
Annette

Old 03-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
Achilles honor, Mozart waited 8 days before getting put on a boat. I'm betting yours will be on a boat by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Just be glad you're not waiting on one of the CMs coming from Bremerhaven, most of those wait around 2 weeks before getting loaded on a boat!
Annette
I'm hoping it get loaded tomorrow so it will reach Baltimore on the 1st

Old 03-21-2011, 04:19 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
I ordered my MINI on Jan 11. It didn't go into production until the week of March 7. It was completed that week and taken to the docks on the 14, loaded that day and the ship departed the next day, the 15th. The ship is now less than a day away from docking in Halifax Nova Scotia where he'll hop a train or transport and be whisked off to the dealer. I expect that process will take a week or so. Then I get to see him for the first time!!

Buck

Old 03-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by buckland
I ordered my MINI on Jan 11. It didn't go into production until the week of March 7. It was completed that week and taken to the docks on the 14, loaded that day and the ship departed the next day, the 15th. The ship is now less than a day away from docking in Halifax Nova Scotia where he'll hop a train or transport and be whisked off to the dealer. I expect that process will take a week or so. Then I get to see him for the first time!!

Buck
im still waiting for my car to get booked.. im hoping it will either be booked on the elektra which leaves southhampton today or the talisman which leaves southhampton tommorrow.. idk which one my baby's on though cause they both arrive on the 1st but as long as it actually leaves on one of those boats and doesnt just watch them leave like its been doing recently

Old 03-21-2011, 04:56 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
im actually watching the live feed of the southhampton docks... the elektra is porting in 6 mins

Old 03-21-2011, 05:19 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
im still waiting for my car to get booked.. im hoping it will either be booked on the elektra which leaves southhampton today or the talisman which leaves southhampton tommorrow.. idk which one my baby's on though cause they both arrive on the 1st but as long as it actually leaves on one of those boats and doesnt just watch them leave like its been doing recently
Good luck getting on board today!! Hopefully whatever ship you're on will post better updates on their location across the pond. I'm disappointed in not being able to following the ship tracking dot across the ocean, even if just one update a day. Last update I have on Topeka is still from only a few hours after she set sail from Southampton. Well, there was one update, in that the WW records show a Baltimore arrival estimate 1 day later than originally planned. Hopefully she's still running on all engines and not bobbing around the ocean like a buoy or something. I did have a dream the other night there was a hurricane in the north Atlantic causing shipping delays . Well, all I've been able to do now is anxiously await them to eventually call in a position once their off the U.S. coast, maybe not til Wed or Thu.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:32 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
Good luck getting on board today!! Hopefully whatever ship you're on will post better updates on their location across the pond. I'm disappointed in not being able to following the ship tracking dot across the ocean, even if just one update a day. Last update I have on Topeka is still from only a few hours after she set sail from Southampton. Well, there was one update, in that the WW records show a Baltimore arrival estimate 1 day later than originally planned. Hopefully she's still running on all engines and not bobbing around the ocean like a buoy or something. I did have a dream the other night there was a hurricane in the north Atlantic causing shipping delays . Well, all I've been able to do now is anxiously await them to eventually call in a position once their off the U.S. coast, maybe not til Wed or Thu.
well once it gets on the boat then i can finally breath cause then i know it will be in balitmore on the first. and i wont be guessing like i am now. but im sitting hear listening to the southhampton live radio and watching the elektra dock so hopefully my car jumps on there.. im still wondering y it didnt get on your boat.. dissapointment

Old 03-21-2011, 06:58 AM
Martha21
1st Gear
Originally Posted by burntpeaks
If you have no options being installed at Port it should be 3-4 days to dealer once it arrives at VDC. Where are you in CT? I am in Fairfield Co.
Hey I'm in Fairfield Co. too! I don't have any options being installed at Port. Just checked the status and Mignon's getting close to Halifax now, due there tomorrow. Then due in NY on 3/24! So maybe I'll actually get it before April .

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group