1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just called the ASKMINI, the lady told me my car is in the body shop. Does anybody know what that mean really?

She wasn't very helpful in describing how many more days till production complete? Or if the engine was put in or not. She just say call back later to find out new status.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:13 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
The build process is about 8 days, first comes assembly, where they are getting parts together, then body shop, and finally paint. Call back and find out when you are supposed to be in paint, then you will know your MINIs birthday(usually the day after paint it is considered finished). The ASKMINI people have no way of knowing where in the build process the car is other than those three basic stages from what I've surmised.
Annette

Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by darthhen
I just called the ASKMINI, the lady told me my car is in the body shop. Does anybody know what that mean really?

She wasn't very helpful in describing how many more days till production complete? Or if the engine was put in or not. She just say call back later to find out new status.
I know folks have said to try and talk to a person to get more info, but I always just called ASK-MINI and did the automated status. You'll have to have your production order number or VIN handy. Give that a try and it should give you expected completion date. Once mine was in the stage of Body Shop it gave me the expected completion date.

As a side note, the status in the owners lounge seems like it runs 3-5 days later than the ask-mini automated status.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:44 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Thanks BoCRon and jsjohnson. I guess I need to chill....

Old 03-21-2011, 10:56 AM
oldsbear
6th Gear
The sheet metal chassis parts are being welded together.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
YESSSS my baby is finally scheduled on a bout that departs tomorrow and gets to baltimore on the 1st.. my baby's on the TALISMAN.. im just gonna act like the reason she was waiting was because she wanted to get on the party boat... look at that.. the car hasnt even gotten to me yet and it is already spoiled lol

Old 03-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Martha21
1st Gear
Awesome, Achilles Honor!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:15 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Oh, no need to chill. You can anxiously await your MINI with the rest of us, wishing you could get up to the minute updates throughout the day every day. I was probably calling ASK-MINI twice a day until it was in delivery to the port, hoping for any update. Then I was checking the WW ship tracking info I don't know how many times a day til it showed up on the Topeka. Then I was right there watching live Southampton harbor traffic as the Topeka set sail last Monday night. Now, I'm checking the ship tracking site couple times a day just hoping for an update on the Topeka's whereabouts [other than where it was last Tuesday shortly past midnight]. Any news is better than no news.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
no need to chill at all.. go back acouple pages in this thread and youll see that i was practically stalking my mini.. i was taking google map pics of the doack and then used paint to join it into one big pic.. i was a class 5 stalker

Old 03-21-2011, 11:37 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Way to go Achilles Honor! I know what that is like for sure. My Maxx should be on Canadian soil tomorrow! Whew, what a relief. Now to battle the coming snow and high winds to get him to Toronto!

Buck

Old 03-21-2011, 12:08 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
no need to chill at all.. go back acouple pages in this thread and youll see that i was practically stalking my mini.. i was taking google map pics of the doack and then used paint to join it into one big pic.. i was a class 5 stalker
That's funny...

Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
Oh, no need to chill. You can anxiously await your MINI with the rest of us, wishing you could get up to the minute updates throughout the day every day. I was probably calling ASK-MINI twice a day until it was in delivery to the port, hoping for any update. Then I was checking the WW ship tracking info I don't know how many times a day til it showed up on the Topeka. Then I was right there watching live Southampton harbor traffic as the Topeka set sail last Monday night. Now, I'm checking the ship tracking site couple times a day just hoping for an update on the Topeka's whereabouts [other than where it was last Tuesday shortly past midnight]. Any news is better than no news.
It's pretty addictive actually. In the beginning, I'm like "whatever, I'll just wait" But now that's in production, I'm a different animal!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 12:44 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
That's funny...
Achilles is a stalker, I can assure you. I am no better. It doesn't get any easier once you take delivery. You surf the web looking for parts to modify your baby.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:51 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
YESSSS my baby is finally scheduled on a bout that departs tomorrow and gets to baltimore on the 1st.. my baby's on the TALISMAN.. im just gonna act like the reason she was waiting was because she wanted to get on the party boat... look at that.. the car hasnt even gotten to me yet and it is already spoiled lol
Finally! You deserve it. Like I said a while back. You make me feel normal (about my stalking habits)...I had "ask-mini" on speed dial...they are going to see a real drop in call volume now that I don't have any reason to call them.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Achilles honor is THE BEST stalker out there...

Thanks to him, here's where Chilly ***** is on his way to CA! The Tristan has been encountering some waves and it's speed has been slowing down over the last 24 hours.
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=SKWI

Old 03-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by buckland
Way to go Achilles Honor! I know what that is like for sure. My Maxx should be on Canadian soil tomorrow! Whew, what a relief. Now to battle the coming snow and high winds to get him to Toronto!

Buck
What?? Yours is already about to hit the shores.. Lucky you! I feel like it was just yesterday that you were posting up here saying "I think I'm alittle to early for this forum I font even have my car yet" lol idk y but I just felt really old saying that lol

Originally Posted by burntpeaks
Finally! You deserve it. Like I said a while back. You make me feel normal (about my stalking habits)...I had "ask-mini" on speed dial...they are going to see a real drop in call volume now that I don't have any reason to call them.
It's bad when I stalk so bad that I make other stalkers feel normal lol

Originally Posted by Grimnebulin
Achilles honor is THE BEST stalker out there...

Thanks to him, here's where Chilly ***** is on his way to CA! The Tristan has been encountering some waves and it's speed has been slowing down over the last 24 hours.
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=SKWI
I'm glad to help. And wow your ship has really good updates lucky you... And when I read your name for your car I laughed so hard.. It sounds like something that a guy would call his member if he was out in the cold lmao... But I'm not hatin on the name. It's pretty cool

Old 03-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
I want to thank everyone who suggested I contact my MA. I have sent him an email and hope to hear from him very soon.

We're getting ready to evac some time this week. Don't worry, we are actually pretty safe, but the Commands are acting with a preponderance of caution and getting us dependents out of the way. haha. I do not mind a free ride home, especially with my 16 year old stressing me out because all the aftershocks and reactor problems have her scared more than she should be.

I'll check in when I have heard from my MA in San Antonio.

Oh! I did come up with a name for my MINI- I'm naming him "Big Red" - hubby loves the name as he's a Husker fan and that was my university. When I told him it has nothing to do with his football team, he didn't believe me. haha

Old 03-21-2011, 03:08 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mojodiva
I want to thank everyone who suggested I contact my MA. I have sent him an email and hope to hear from him very soon.

We're getting ready to evac some time this week. Don't worry, we are actually pretty safe, but the Commands are acting with a preponderance of caution and getting us dependents out of the way. haha. I do not mind a free ride home, especially with my 16 year old stressing me out because all the aftershocks and reactor problems have her scared more than she should be.

I'll check in when I have heard from my MA in San Antonio.

Oh! I did come up with a name for my MINI- I'm naming him "Big Red" - hubby loves the name as he's a Husker fan and that was my university. When I told him it has nothing to do with his football team, he didn't believe me. haha
Glad to hear you'll be home soon. And yes, let us know when you have an answer from your MA.

I like Big Red. It's my favorite gum.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
I'm glad to help. And wow your ship has really good updates lucky you... And when I read your name for your car I laughed so hard.. It sounds like something that a guy would call his member if he was out in the cold lmao... But I'm not hatin on the name. It's pretty cool
Well, he's got a pepper white body with a black top and black wheels, so I thought the name fit...I would have got your awesome color black, but I already have another black car, so I wanted to get something different. But I bet the Brits out there love my nickname!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Grimnebulin
Well, he's got a pepper white body with a black top and black wheels, so I thought the name fit...I would have got your awesome color black, but I already have another black car, so I wanted to get something different. But I bet the Brits out there love my nickname!

I wa gonna say that deff not an American name

Old 03-21-2011, 07:32 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
I know folks have said to try and talk to a person to get more info, but I always just called ASK-MINI and did the automated status. You'll have to have your production order number or VIN handy. Give that a try and it should give you expected completion date. Once mine was in the stage of Body Shop it gave me the expected completion date.

As a side note, the status in the owners lounge seems like it runs 3-5 days later than the ask-mini automated status.
I called the number just now and went thru the automated system. It tells me the estimated date of completion is March 24!! Woohoo! I hope that's accurate.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
Glad to hear you'll be home soon. And yes, let us know when you have an answer from your MA.

I like Big Red. It's my favorite gum.
Yes! Mine, too! It is also a soda I like to have every so often.

I also like the name because its sort of like having a sidekick named Little John who is actually a towering figure.

Yeah, Big Red will be my partner in crime.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:30 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Great name! Mine's Maxx. I have been watching Maxx on the Mignon as they sail across the Atlantic. They have been giving their position every six hours except midnight, but they haven't reported in so far today and they are probably within sight of the shore! Now I'm getting antsy again.

Buck

Old 03-22-2011, 04:20 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mojodiva
Yes! Mine, too! It is also a soda I like to have every so often.

I also like the name because its sort of like having a sidekick named Little John who is actually a towering figure.

Yeah, Big Red will be my partner in crime.

Soda really? What does it taste like?

I love the idea.
Be careful mentioning partner in crime. There's a thread somewhere around here about speeding tickets.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:47 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Maxx on Canadian soil

I just saw that the ship carrying my Maxx has docked and Maxx is now on Canadian soil!! What a thrill!

Buck

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group