1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 06:30 PM
stannen
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, now I'm psyched - my MA called and told me that my baby came off the production line today! Now I have to wait to find out what boat it will be on and when...

So what's up with getting accurate status info? The owner's web site info is useless (even though my car came off the line today it still says "waiting for production") and the info on the 800 line seems to be a couple of days behind. My MA seems to be able to get the most up to date info - is there any way buyers can get the same info that the MA's get?

Old 03-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Achilles honor can get you better info! PM him ....he really helped me out!

(Achilles - sorry to rat you out for helping me out so much...LOL )

Last edited by Grimnebulin; 03-24-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:43 PM
stannen
1st Gear
Thanks for the tip, Grimnebulin - I'll give it a go!

Old 03-24-2011, 08:49 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by stannen
Okay, now I'm psyched - my MA called and told me that my baby came off the production line today! Now I have to wait to find out what boat it will be on and when...

So what's up with getting accurate status info? The owner's web site info is useless (even though my car came off the line today it still says "waiting for production") and the info on the 800 line seems to be a couple of days behind. My MA seems to be able to get the most up to date info - is there any way buyers can get the same info that the MA's get?
Congrats!

Do you know why it took them so long to build your car?

Old 03-24-2011, 09:36 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
stannen,

I just noticed you ordered a laser blue color Clubman as well, same as me. I wonder if Mini works on Clubman's on certain weeks, when there's enough orders for them. Maybe they paint certain colors on certain days? Just crazy thought.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by stannen
Thanks for the tip, Grimnebulin - I'll give it a go!
thanks for throwing me out there grim.. jk if you need any help at all just shoot me a pm

Old 03-25-2011, 03:28 AM
stannen
1st Gear
Not sure why it took so long, but as excited as I am to get the Clubbie it was not fun getting delayed by a month. My MA said that there were production scheduling problems with all JCW models. I tried to find out more but couldn't get any additional information. But the dealership stepped up and offered to knock another $250 off the cost of the car for my "pain and suffering" - not a huge discount, but it was nice of them to do that.

I don't think color choice would slow things down - I read somewhere that they can change paint colors on the fly as the cars move through the paint shop. They can spray one car red, the next one blue, etc without having to stop the line to clean or change over the painting equipment. That's pretty cool tech, sez me....

Skip

Old 03-25-2011, 03:31 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
I think you are right. The same applies to sections of the cars, like bonnet and roof panels. My brother-in-law went through a Ford plant once and he said it was a miracle of engineering to watch how a car comes together.

Buck

Old 03-25-2011, 04:15 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Going to pick up my new MINI today!

Old 03-25-2011, 05:24 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Getting psyched for everyone here!
sekhmet101, have fun! I know you will, but take lots of adoption pics!

Annette

Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 AM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Talisman

For all of us waiting on TALISMAN. Looks like she's almost halfway! This was about 7AM CST today.

Waves 2.0 meters (7 feet), 3 second period

Barometer 1008.0 mb
Air temperature 18.0 ° C
Visibility: greater than 0.3 NM
Dewpoint 11.2 ° C
Water temperature 11.0 ° C

Looks like she's fighting 7ft waves every 3 seconds (I think that's actually pretty calm seas for a vessel this size).

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-talisman.jpg  
Old 03-25-2011, 08:54 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
thanks for throwing me out there grim.. jk if you need any help at all just shoot me a pm
Achilles honor,

Just curious what information you can provide.....

Old 03-25-2011, 09:50 AM
HFranks-TX
1st Gear
Anyone hoping to be on the Florida Highway

For those whose minis have been recently built, the Florida Highway just pulled out of Southampton heading to Baltimore, then GA. My car was finished on March 19 and at the docks on the 21st. I'm hoping it is on the Florida Highway. If you go to this page you can track the ship: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...mmsi=372805000 click on the last position and it shows the map. Google satellite view is cool of the Southampton docks. You can see the minis with the white roofs waiting to be loaded.

So far I'm not showing up in the W&W site, so I'm hoping I'm on this ship. It just pulled out a few hours ago, so if I am, I guess my status will turn to en route soon.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Mo'Phat
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by HFranks-TX
For those whose minis have been recently built, the Florida Highway just pulled out of Southampton heading to Baltimore, then GA. My car was finished on March 19 and at the docks on the 21st. I'm hoping it is on the Florida Highway. If you go to this page you can track the ship: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...mmsi=372805000 click on the last position and it shows the map. Google satellite view is cool of the Southampton docks. You can see the minis with the white roofs waiting to be loaded.

So far I'm not showing up in the W&W site, so I'm hoping I'm on this ship. It just pulled out a few hours ago, so if I am, I guess my status will turn to en route soon.
I think Florida Highway is a K-Line ship, not a WW...so it wouldn't show up on the WW site.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:09 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Your MA should get an update every day and it will list which ship your car is on, once it's loaded on a vessel.
Annette

Old 03-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Mo'Phat
2nd Gear
Looking at the schedule, the next WW ship that leaves for Port Hueneme is the Undine which departs on 1 April, arriving on 23 April. Couple of days at the VDC, one day transit to San Diego, couple more days at Mini of SD...Looks like I'm in for a solid 8 week wait from date of purchase. What fun.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:17 AM
HFranks-TX
1st Gear
I understand Florida Highway is a K-Line ship. Until the systems are updated, I was checking W&W site to see if they listed my car. Since they haven't and my car has been at the dock for 5 days, I'm hoping it jumped on the K-Line ship for the cruise. I'll know for sure in a day or two when their systems update and I can check with my MA.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
RDemo2, minipilot515, Claudia13, others??, looks like we all came over on the Topeka. I know the ship has set sail out of Port Baltimore, so our Mini's should all be on shore. I don't have anything updated at all regarding getting into VDC. So when any of you hear something, post up. I'll do the same.

I'll probably get in touch with my MA tomorrow to see what he knows.
well, WW cargo shows my mini as released. Funny though, I call ASK-MINI for the heck of it and the status has reverted way back to "it's at the port awaiting a shipping vessel" . Ya, right. My shipping vessel has done dropped her off in Baltimore and has set sail for somewhere else. I chatted with my MA and he said since it's a customer order they put priority on it which should help get through VDC and onto a truck quicker. Trucking time from Baltimore to hear is a days drive only. His paperwork for delivery to the dealership indicates ETA of Sunday . Of course they're closed Sunday, so got my fingers crossed for Monday. I'll be swinging by on Sunday though in case a truck full of new cars is sitting on the lot.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Drewbrese
3rd Gear
My car just started production, hooray.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:38 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Drewbrese
My car just started production, hooray.
Cool! When did you order it? Clubman or Cooper or ?? It took them forever to start the production on my car. Well, the term forever is my opinion.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Drewbrese
3rd Gear
Cooper S, order placed on March 14th. And I know the forever feeling even though it's barely been two weeks.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by darthhen
Achilles honor,

Just curious what information you can provide.....

Just the same info as if you take a day searching threw the forum looking for all the shipping tracking website. i was very bored one day

Originally Posted by theunclesam
For all of us waiting on TALISMAN. Looks like she's almost halfway! This was about 7AM CST today.

Waves 2.0 meters (7 feet), 3 second period

Barometer 1008.0 mb
Air temperature 18.0 ° C
Visibility: greater than 0.3 NM
Dewpoint 11.2 ° C
Water temperature 11.0 ° C

Looks like she's fighting 7ft waves every 3 seconds (I think that's actually pretty calm seas for a vessel this size).
7ft ways are nothing for our party boat. cant wait for that beauty to port.. and at this rate our boat might actually be at port on the 30th.. hopefully
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
Going to pick up my new MINI today!
nice get the pics up here, i know your driving your baby right now

Originally Posted by buckland
I think you are right. The same applies to sections of the cars, like bonnet and roof panels. My brother-in-law went through a Ford plant once and he said it was a miracle of engineering to watch how a car comes together.

Buck
yeah ive watched the mini plant video a bunch of times and wow technology is just amazing these days
well, WW cargo shows my mini as released. Funny though, I call ASK-MINI for the heck of it and the status has reverted way back to "it's at the port awaiting a shipping vessel" . Ya, right. My shipping vessel has done dropped her off in Baltimore and has set sail for somewhere else. I chatted with my MA and he said since it's a customer order they put priority on it which should help get through VDC and onto a truck quicker. Trucking time from Baltimore to hear is a days drive only. His paperwork for delivery to the dealership indicates ETA of Sunday . Of course they're closed Sunday, so got my fingers crossed for Monday. I'll be swinging by on Sunday though in case a truck full of new cars is sitting on the lot.
i cant wait for you to get pictures and remember your dealer still has to do the chack on your car which might take a day or so so your pickup might be on tuesday so dont get totally siked for monday

Old 03-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
and is there any tracking system for trucks since my ma is really slow on knowing how to track

Old 03-25-2011, 07:27 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Drewbrese
Cooper S, order placed on March 14th. And I know the forever feeling even though it's barely been two weeks.
I know what you mean. I ordered on March 12th, and isn't going to production till at least April 1, but I still check the Owners Lounge everyday, and also call ASKMINI everyday too. lol

Old 03-25-2011, 07:31 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Here's what the WW site said about my car:
Customs release: 3-23
Discharged: 3-24
Delivered from: 3-25
Liner release: 3-25

Does anyone know what exactly that all means? Does that mean it's been cleared through customs? Is it at the VDC? Could it be on a truck already? I don't know what "Liner release" means.

Last edited by RDemo2; 03-25-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Duplicated part of the post

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group