1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:50 AM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grimnebulin
Tristan is making decent progress....

Check out that hurricane (Typhoon....I know, I know) down there by Kiwiland. Good thing mine's not headed that direction!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theunclesam
Check out that hurricane (Typhoon....I know, I know) down there by Kiwiland. Good thing mine's not headed that direction!
i didnt even see that at first.. it must be pretty big if its marked on that map

Old 03-28-2011, 12:59 PM
buckland
3rd Gear
They don't have to be big to do a lot of damage.

Buck

Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
I bet it's in, if not now, then Monday for sure. On Friday my MA told me the delivery date was March 27. Of course as I was on my way out of the dealership yesterday morning (March 26) a truck pulled up with my MINI on it! I'm confirmed for pickup tomorrow around noon.

Right now my OL shows my vehicle is at the VDC, with an Estimated Delivery Date of March 27 . A little outdated now. Anyway, my MA did say once there is a Delivery Date that usually means delivered to the dealership. He didn't think they would do a Sunday delivery in Cincinnati since both the MINI and BMW are closed on Sunday and nobody to take delivery from the trucker, so Monday might be more likely. He also said who knows it might even show up today (Saturday), and 10 minutes later, it did!
You were right, mine is in! My MA called me this morning and said when he got to work, there was a truck full of MINIs in the parking lot.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow afternoon.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:40 PM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
You were right, mine is in! My MA called me this morning and said when he got to work, there was a truck full of MINIs in the parking lot.

Congrats! I can't wait to get mine!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear

Lucky dog!

Old 03-28-2011, 05:37 PM
ronfultz
Neutral
Waiting for Countryman

I just ordered my Countryman on 3/25/11. No production date yet. Dealer says I should get it in about 8 weeks. What is the average time to the states after production?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:13 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ronfultz
I just ordered my Countryman on 3/25/11. No production date yet. Dealer says I should get it in about 8 weeks. What is the average time to the states after production?
Mine waited till about two weeks before beginning production. See my sig.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
I'm picking mine up tomorrow, and I know there was a thread about things to look for at pickup, but now I can't find it. Anyone have it handy?

Old 03-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I'm picking mine up tomorrow, and I know there was a thread about things to look for at pickup, but now I can't find it. Anyone have it handy?
Here's the thread i made about exactly this question
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...my-mini-s.html

Old 03-29-2011, 12:15 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
There are some good things to look for, but don't do like I did when I picked up Lil Guy, I forgot my list. Anyway, there was nothing wrong with the car. No rattles of any kind, no noises, extremely quiet it was and still is. I do have a paint imperfection on the bottom of the drivers door, and I really, don't think that it was there when I got him, but it sure is there now. Another thing, I asked my dealer NOT to do a thorough prep, just to give it a good wash and forget the polishing. Paint, in my opinion, is or was too new for applying pressure on the buffer. If it was to get swirl marks, I was to put them on it.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
There are some good things to look for, but don't do like I did when I picked up Lil Guy, I forgot my list. Anyway, there was nothing wrong with the car. No rattles of any kind, no noises, extremely quiet it was and still is. I do have a paint imperfection on the bottom of the drivers door, and I really, don't think that it was there when I got him, but it sure is there now. Another thing, I asked my dealer NOT to do a thorough prep, just to give it a good wash and forget the polishing. Paint, in my opinion, is or was too new for applying pressure on the buffer. If it was to get swirl marks, I was to put them on it.
yay i got a giant check list that im bringing and i also telling my mini not to drill holes in the front liscences plate cause i have a no holes liscences plate mount (which is gonna be in the boot until i get pulled over for it)

Old 03-29-2011, 03:17 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Train Derailment

Would you believe a train has derailed right near where I live and it's blocking ALL trains from getting into Toronto, including the one that has my Maxx on it! He was due today or tomorrow! Well, I'll just sit back and watch the show.

Buck

Old 03-29-2011, 04:12 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by buckland
Would you believe a train has derailed right near where I live and it's blocking ALL trains from getting into Toronto, including the one that has my Maxx on it! He was due today or tomorrow! Well, I'll just sit back and watch the show.

Buck

OMG Buck that's horrible. I hope no one was hurt and that Maxx is ok!

Old 03-29-2011, 05:29 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Fortunately, Maxx was not on that train and nobody was hurt, but they did have to evactuate some people living nearby as one of the rail cars had jet fuel and another had propane and one was on fire! Nothing untoward happened and all is well now, they are just clearing the line. They say they should be up and running again tomorrow.

Buck

Old 03-29-2011, 06:23 AM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
Here's the thread i made about exactly this question
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...my-mini-s.html
Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. I get to pick it up this afternoon. Can't wait!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. I get to pick it up this afternoon. Can't wait!
lets see some pictures

Old 03-29-2011, 10:33 AM
minipilot515
1st Gear
Your were on the Topeka and are in WI and you are picking up today. Im in Iowa, i hope that means I'll get a call real soon!!

Old 03-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Martha21
1st Gear
Mine should be at the dealer in the next couple days! Yay! The wait is almost over!

Buck
Hooray! Same here I'm hoping to pick it up on Monday. I've been reading the owners manual online and it keeps referring to a separate radio manual. But I can't find this elusive radio manual!? I want to be an expert by the time it arrives

Old 03-29-2011, 02:18 PM
buckland
3rd Gear
Well, the trains are running again! I heard three go by in quick succession, so maybe Maxx will make it after all.

Buck

Old 03-29-2011, 02:48 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Fortunately, Maxx was not on that train and nobody was hurt, but they did have to evactuate some people living nearby as one of the rail cars had jet fuel and another had propane and one was on fire! Nothing untoward happened and all is well now, they are just clearing the line. They say they should be up and running again tomorrow.

Buck

That's fortunate.... phew!

Old 03-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
I think my boat sank - no update from it for over 42 hours...usual interval between updates was 6 hours, 12 max. Hopefully it has something to do with being outside/going through the Panama Canal.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:11 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Grimnebulin
I think my boat sank - no update from it for over 42 hours...usual interval between updates was 6 hours, 12 max. Hopefully it has something to do with being outside/going through the Panama Canal.
Maybe you can check the shipping company's website? If it sank, maybe they'll say something about it?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by darthhen
Maybe you can check the shipping company's website? If it sank, maybe they'll say something about it?
lmfao i dont think it sank

Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 PM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Talisman

Looks like the TALISMAN is making great progress! Came back into AIS range this evening

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-screen-capture.jpg  

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group