1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theunclesam
Looks like the TALISMAN is making great progress! Came back into AIS range this evening
YAYY!!! GO TALISMAN!! I just locked in my 0.9 apr with my dealer im siked! hopefully ill have my mini on sat or monday

Old 03-29-2011, 09:38 PM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
YAYY!!! GO TALISMAN!! I just locked in my 0.9 apr with my dealer im siked! hopefully ill have my mini on sat or monday
Probably going to be more like Monday or Tuesday depending on the VDC's hours. I'll probably get mine Thursday or Friday....I hope!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by theunclesam
Probably going to be more like Monday or Tuesday depending on the VDC's hours. I'll probably get mine Thursday or Friday....I hope!
baltimore vdc is open 7 days a week and im trying to find out the hours right now.. i cant seem to find them..

Old 03-29-2011, 10:21 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Here are the first two pictures. One in the showroom, one in my driveway. Hope to take better ones soon.

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-mini1.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-mini1-2-.jpg  
Old 03-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
Here are the first two pictures. One in the showroom, one in my driveway. Hope to take better ones soon.
Sick RDemo... hard to believe you actually got it we were talking about i remember back in the old days when we were desprite for anything mini... I love how the new mini's have the circle tow hook cap so i can put the circle pull to inflate sticker on there and have my tow hook

Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 PM
minipilot515
1st Gear
I stopped by the dealership today and they said my MINI could be in tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minipilot515
I stopped by the dealership today and they said my MINI could be in tomorrow! Fingers crossed!
what boat where you on?

Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 PM
minipilot515
1st Gear
what boat where you on?
Topeka

Old 03-29-2011, 11:55 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Des Moines Mini

Originally Posted by minipilot515
Topeka
Here's hoping for you. If Jason said it will be here tomorrow, hey that's actually today, he's pretty much straight on.

You haven't answered me, are you going to try and make the April 2nd Mini rallye starting at Willis' Mini?
I just found out that maybe I can make it afterall. I, usually work 3-11 on Saturdays, but noth this weekend. So, I'll grab Olga and see if we can do this thing.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:13 AM
minipilot515
1st Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Here's hoping for you. If Jason said it will be here tomorrow, hey that's actually today, he's pretty much straight on.

You haven't answered me, are you going to try and make the April 2nd Mini rallye starting at Willis' Mini?
I just found out that maybe I can make it afterall. I, usually work 3-11 on Saturdays, but noth this weekend. So, I'll grab Olga and see if we can do this thing.
I would love too, but I have to work I will do what I can to make the next one!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:20 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
baltimore vdc is open 7 days a week and im trying to find out the hours right now.. i cant seem to find them..
Here is a link to their info in case you don't already have this:
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/pdf/Fact...Fact_Sheet.pdf

Old 03-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
lmfao i dont think it sank
Bad news!!!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...a/500/sink.jpg

Old 03-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
lmfao i dont think it sank
Bad news!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:07 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Very funny! lmfao

Buck

Old 03-30-2011, 07:11 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Does anybody know when the shipping companies update their database with the loaded cars?

Here's my situation, my Mini finished build on Mar. 24. It made it to the shipping dock on Mar. 26, Saturday. There's a WW ship leaving on Apr. 1 for Port Hueneme (I'm in California). I just called ASKMINI and it says waiting for a shipping vessel. I keep going to WW's tracking website and enter my VIN number in Cargo ID field and it says no records found. Called my MA yesterday and he has no extra information as well.

So I'm wondering when would WW update their database? Would they update the database once the ship leaves port? Or do they update it while the cars are being loaded onto the ship?

If my Mini doesn't make it onto this boat, the next one is in middle of April.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
As soon as your Mini gets assigned a vessel, it shows up on their manifest. Maybe you could check some other ships.

Buck

Old 03-30-2011, 07:45 AM
lithium77
1st Gear
Originally Posted by darthhen
Does anybody know when the shipping companies update their database with the loaded cars?

Here's my situation, my Mini finished build on Mar. 24. It made it to the shipping dock on Mar. 26, Saturday. There's a WW ship leaving on Apr. 1 for Port Hueneme (I'm in California). I just called ASKMINI and it says waiting for a shipping vessel. I keep going to WW's tracking website and enter my VIN number in Cargo ID field and it says no records found. Called my MA yesterday and he has no extra information as well.

So I'm wondering when would WW update their database? Would they update the database once the ship leaves port? Or do they update it while the cars are being loaded onto the ship?

If my Mini doesn't make it onto this boat, the next one is in middle of April.
Mine has been at the shipping dock since the 22nd and is in the same situation. It hasn't been assigned a boat yet and no one has a record of it anywhere that I can find. I am just hoping it makes it on the Udine.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:06 AM
lineaux
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lithium77
Mine has been at the shipping dock since the 22nd and is in the same situation. It hasn't been assigned a boat yet and no one has a record of it anywhere that I can find. I am just hoping it makes it on the Udine.
@lithium77 and @darthhen:
I'm in California too, and waiting for my baby to get into a ship. No change in update status since march-25th. I guess I can say, "we are on the same boat" ???

Old 03-30-2011, 08:07 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Ok....I did some homework on this just now, even though I should be getting my a** to work.

I went to Southampton's port website, they have a link that shows all the ships arrival, departures. And also ships currently docked. Here's the link: http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/com/smovements.htm . Then I clicked on "Shipping Movements" link, which pops up another page that has a time table for all ships coming and going. It even tells you where it is going. Then I just searched for Undine on that page. So the Undine is arriving at Southampton on April 1 at 07:30 from Zeebrugge. I'm learning something new, Zeebrugge is in Belgium. Then departing on April 1 at 18:00 for Manzanillo (PAN). I did a search for Manzanillo Panama, it has to go thru Panama Canal.

So more waiting time I guess. For some reason, I thought the ship would need to be there a couple of days in advance to unload and load the cars. But from the arrival and departure times, they dock and leave on the same time. They only have 10 hours and 30 minutes to load and unload the cars.

I guess I have to sit back and

Old 03-30-2011, 08:45 AM
lithium77
1st Gear
Originally Posted by darthhen
Ok....I did some homework on this just now, even though I should be getting my a** to work.

I went to Southampton's port website, they have a link that shows all the ships arrival, departures. And also ships currently docked. Here's the link: http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/com/smovements.htm . Then I clicked on "Shipping Movements" link, which pops up another page that has a time table for all ships coming and going. It even tells you where it is going. Then I just searched for Undine on that page. So the Undine is arriving at Southampton on April 1 at 07:30 from Zeebrugge. I'm learning something new, Zeebrugge is in Belgium. Then departing on April 1 at 18:00 for Manzanillo (PAN). I did a search for Manzanillo Panama, it has to go thru Panama Canal.

So more waiting time I guess. For some reason, I thought the ship would need to be there a couple of days in advance to unload and load the cars. But from the arrival and departure times, they dock and leave on the same time. They only have 10 hours and 30 minutes to load and unload the cars.

I guess I have to sit back and
They can load an unload cars fast. I would bet they can do several per minute. I do see some cars already booked on the Undine though (and have been booked for a week), although not very many. I also see cars with vin numbers later than mine already booked on other ships (although not going to SoCal). I guess we will know in the next few days, otherwise I think we are going to be waiting another 10 days for the next boat.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:19 AM
lineaux
2nd Gear
They can load an unload cars fast. I would bet they can do several per minute. I do see some cars already booked on the Undine though (and have been booked for a week), although not very many. I also see cars with vin numbers later than mine already booked on other ships (although not going to SoCal). I guess we will know in the next few days, otherwise I think we are going to be waiting another 10 days for the next boat.
How/Where did you see that other cars are already booked?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:52 AM
lithium77
1st Gear
Originally Posted by lineaux
How/Where did you see that other cars are already booked?
You can input partial vin numbers into the ww tracking. It only requires a minimum of 4. If you google how to decode mini vin numbers, you can pull out all sorts of information. At any rate, I just put in a few partial vin numbers, sort by date, and then you can see what cars have been booked on what ships etc. The only limitation I see is that you can't input a partial vin number for the middle of the vin number itself. So you just have to work your way back. That said, I see cars coming off the line with much later vin numbers than mine being booked on other ships. It appears that the lag is related to only those cars going to SoCal. My brother has an M3 on order and is experiencing the same thing.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:03 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Starting a list of people's that could potentially have their Mini's on Undine, leaving Apr. 1. As lineaux said "...on the same boat."
1. lithium77
2. lineaux
3. darthhen

Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 AM
lineaux
2nd Gear
You can input partial vin numbers into the ww tracking. It only requires a minimum of 4. If you google how to decode mini vin numbers, you can pull out all sorts of information. At any rate, I just put in a few partial vin numbers, sort by date, and then you can see what cars have been booked on what ships etc. The only limitation I see is that you can't input a partial vin number for the middle of the vin number itself. So you just have to work your way back. That said, I see cars coming off the line with much later vin numbers than mine being booked on other ships. It appears that the lag is related to only those cars going to SoCal. My brother has an M3 on order and is experiencing the same thing.
Thanks...that is really interesting. I did a search using first 4 characters of VIN, sorted the results by Voyage Number, and so far, there are only two "WMWS" booked for CD112-UND (Undine).

Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 AM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talisman

She's heading up the bay!

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-talisman.jpg  

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group