1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Noble1
My Clubbie S is arriving in in Port Hueneme 4/6 almost exactly 8 weeks after ordering it. I can hardly stand it. Now just wondering how long it will take to make it down to San Diego.
We're on the same boat!!! We're almost to Mexico right now...I hear tequila shots are about to be served!

Minis on board the Tristan:
1) Grimnebulin - JCW - Chilly *****
2) Noble1 - MCCS - Name?

Anyone else on board?!?

Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 AM
lithium77
1st Gear
Originally Posted by HFranks-TX
For anyone expecting deliveries in April, the MINI financing deals for April are out and it looks like a continuation of the March deals. .9% plus a free package. Mine should be on the Florida Highway making its way to Georgia on April 6. Then another week to get to Texas.
Where are you seeing these? On the miniusa site I still see the march ones.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 AM
TXKev
1st Gear
Just checked and according to the Owners Lounge, my mini is now at the port. Hopefully it will get here next week. Monday will be 4 weeks since it was ordered. I can't believe how fast is is going. Now to figure out what the incitives for April are. I hope they have not changed from March.
Kev

Old 04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
HFranks-TX
1st Gear
The deal doesn't apply to countryman and the free package is either Auto Transmission, Premium Package or Sport Package. If you didn't order one of those you are out of luck.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:12 AM
HFranks-TX
1st Gear
Go to offer details on the MINIUSA.com website under financial services. The details appear the same as March but with delivery dates now saying before May 2, 2011

Old 04-01-2011, 09:27 AM
lithium77
1st Gear
Originally Posted by HFranks-TX
Go to offer details on the MINIUSA.com website under financial services. The details appear the same as March but with delivery dates now saying before May 2, 2011
Odd, when I go there it still says you must take delivery before March 31. At any rate, this is very good news for me. Thanks.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:33 AM
lineaux
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lithium77
Odd, when I go there it still says you must take delivery before March 31. At any rate, this is very good news for me. Thanks.
just checked...HFranks-TX is right. It is now May 2, 2011.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Noble1
Neutral
Grimnebulin
Still trying to think of a name. I got a Pepper White also. Black roof and wheels.Make sure to post some pics of your JCW.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Noble1
Grimnebulin
Still trying to think of a name. I got a Pepper White also. Black roof and wheels.Make sure to post some pics of your JCW.
I got the black roof and wheels too - our cars are twins! Other than the Clubman S/JCW thing.

Good luck with the name!

And the wife and I will be down in SD this summer visiting her brother - we should have a Tristan reunion...

Old 04-01-2011, 09:57 AM
TXKev
1st Gear
This is great, looks like I will get the sport package for free then. I was debating between leasing or buying, but I think this pushes me towards buying.

Now to see how long it takes to go from Georgia to Texas.

Kev

Old 04-01-2011, 10:08 AM
stannen
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Darthen,

Are you able to get any more information? My car is waiting at Southampton - the 800 number has been saying "awaiting a shipping vessel" since earlier this week - and I'm wondering if it could also be on Undine. The port location I was given is New Jersey.

The wait is killer - especially when I can't get any solid info from MINI or from my MA...

Thanks.

Skip

Originally Posted by darthhen
Mo'Phat, done. You're at Poway, down in SD area right? I used to live in RB area. Then I moved to Carmel Mountain, then Escondido....

List of people's that could potentially have their Mini's on Undine, leaving Apr. 1.
1. lithium77
2. lineaux
3. Mo'Phat
4. darthhen

Old 04-01-2011, 10:10 AM
lithium77
1st Gear
Originally Posted by stannen
Darthen,

Are you able to get any more information? My car is waiting at Southampton - the 800 number has been saying "awaiting a shipping vessel" since earlier this week - and I'm wondering if it could also be on Undine. The port location I was given is New Jersey.

The wait is killer - especially when I can't get any solid info from MINI or from my MA...

Thanks.

Skip
I believe the Undine is going straight to the west coast, so if your port is NJ you will not be on the Undine.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:23 AM
stannen
1st Gear
Thanks for the response - I'm reaching for anything at this point...

I just went on the Southamptonvts site and what you said makes sense. The destination for the Undine, leaving today, is listed as "Manzanillo(PAN)" - maybe Manzanillo is Mexico? I don't see any WW ships with a destination of NJ - but none of the other destination names other than Baltimore seem likely. Does anyone know what I should be looking for or how I can get any more info? I have also tried putting in my VIN on the WW cargo tracking site but nothing is showing up yet.

Originally Posted by lithium77
I believe the Undine is going straight to the west coast, so if your port is NJ you will not be on the Undine.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
lithium77
1st Gear

I just went on the Southamptonvts site and what you said makes sense. The destination for the Undine, leaving today, is listed as "Manzanillo(PAN)" - maybe Manzanillo is Mexico? I don't see any WW ships with a destination of NJ - but none of the other destination names other than Baltimore seem likely. Does anyone know what I should be looking for or how I can get any more info? I have also tried putting in my VIN on the WW cargo tracking site but nothing is showing up yet.
Look at the thread on this forum that is stickied. The first post lists the schedule for WW and from that you can see what ships will be going from Southampton to the East Coast on what dates. From that you can guess which ship you will be on if you are in port waiting.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
lineaux
2nd Gear

From what you're saying, you are looking for a ship that will dock at either NYC or Baltimore. If I read the WW schedule correctly, it looks like you baby will be on board Vessel Faust which is scheduled to leave Southhampton on April-3rd.

Last edited by lineaux; 04-01-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: corrected information
Old 04-01-2011, 10:43 AM
stannen
1st Gear
Okay - got it - I had picked the wrong link from the stickie. Now I see the ship - and sadly, see that it won't get to NJ until 4/20. Arrghhhh - much farther out than I had hoped!

Thanks again for all the help.

Originally Posted by lineaux
From what you're saying, you are looking for a ship that will dock at either NYC or Baltimore. If I read the WW schedule correctly, it looks like you baby will be on board Vessel Faust which is scheduled to leave Southhampton on April-3rd.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:49 AM
unibus_driver
2nd Gear
Manzanillo (PAN) is an international shipping terminal near the Atlantic entry to the Panama Canal. A place to stop before going through the canal.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:49 AM
lineaux
2nd Gear
Okay - got it - I had picked the wrong link from the stickie. Now I see the ship - and sadly, see that it won't get to NJ until 4/20. Arrghhhh - much farther out than I had hoped!

@stannen, let me correct myself. I initially said your vessel might be Aida. However, there is another vessel (Faust) that's leaving sooner, April 3rd, which will dock at NYC on April-13th.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:54 AM
darthhen
4th Gear

You're lucky to live in the East Coast, shorter trip. Even though Undine leaves today, it won't get to California till April 23.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 AM
lineaux
2nd Gear
You're lucky to live in the East Coast, shorter trip. Even though Undine leaves today, it won't get to California till April 23.
+1

Old 04-01-2011, 11:04 AM
stannen
1st Gear
Thanks lineaux - I just went back and found Faust. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she will be my ship.

Also, I want to say thanks to everyone here - all the help and the quick responses from you guys has been awesome. It helps alot, especially when I get all crazy thinking that there are delays and problems. I'm gonna be a complete basket case by the time my car actually arrives!

Originally Posted by lineaux
@stannen, let me correct myself. I initially said your vessel might be Aida. However, there is another vessel (Faust) that's leaving sooner, April 3rd, which will dock at NYC on April-13th.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 AM
lineaux
2nd Gear
UPDATE: Undine already left Southhampton. Our babies are now on their way.

List of Mini's on Undine, departing Southampton April 1. ETA at Port Hueneme on April 23.

1. lithium77
2. lineaux: Stella
3. Mo'Phat: Adriana
4. darthhen: Chunky

Old 04-01-2011, 12:52 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Go Undine! Go!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MY MA JUST CALLED AND HE SAID "i cant believe you estimated your cars arrival to the hour, your car just showed up and youll be able to pick it up tomorrow at 2" YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OH YEAH AND FOR ANY OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE GONNA FLAME ME FOR DOING THIS IS CAP LOCK. IDK.. IM ON CLOUD 9 AND IM GETTING MY CAR.. FINALLY THE WAIT IS OVERRRR.. THIS IS AMAZING...... HOLD ON BE RIGHT BACK.. IM GONNA GO MAKE MY OFFICIAL THREAD NOW...

wow so i just read over my post and i noticed i sound kind of "special" sry bout that.. im watching i am sam right now.. no offense to the menatlly disabled out there... its a really good movie oh and p.s i cant believe im getting my car.. wow

Old 04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MY MA JUST CALLED AND HE SAID "i cant believe you estimated your cars arrival to the hour, your car just showed up and youll be able to pick it up tomorrow at 2" YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OH YEAH AND FOR ANY OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE GONNA FLAME ME FOR DOING THIS IS CAP LOCK. IDK.. IM ON CLOUD 9 AND IM GETTING MY CAR.. FINALLY THE WAIT IS OVERRRR.. THIS IS AMAZING...... HOLD ON BE RIGHT BACK.. IM GONNA GO MAKE MY OFFICIAL THREAD NOW...

wow so i just read over my post and i noticed i sound kind of "special" sry bout that.. im watching i am sam right now.. no offense to the menatlly disabled out there... its a really good movie oh and p.s i cant believe im getting my car.. wow

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group