1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just found out my heating was broken too.. So I called up my MA and he said he'll get that fixed and he called me back and was like wow that part is 2grand your lucky you saw that.. Now I'm in my car pressing every button possible looking for more things wrong lol.. Idk how I missed it on the overview

Old 04-03-2011, 01:18 PM
stannen
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Tom - I'll second the welcome and the congrats! I ordered mine on January 24th, and for some reason I had a month delay before production began - mine is also a JCW and I was told that there was a production problem with all JCW models. I didn't believe it, but...

Yeah, the wait is impossible. Mine is supposed to be setting sail from Oxford today and it has been a roller coaster. I'm going nuts waiting. But you've come to the right place - this group has a bunch of great people, very active on the forums, and really responsive to questions. Hang in there - it will be worth the wait!!

Skip

Old 04-03-2011, 01:38 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by stannen
Hi Tom - I'll second the welcome and the congrats! I ordered mine on January 24th, and for some reason I had a month delay before production began - mine is also a JCW and I was told that there was a production problem with all JCW models. I didn't believe it, but...
Hmm...wonder if thats why I dont' have a production date yet. Placed my order a few weeks ago, but it was supposed to take one of the dealers first April allocation spots. And my MA said that is would probably go into production April 1. But it still doesnt' have a production date yet and its already the 3rd.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by burntpeaks
Nice work Achilles!!! I will see you on 95 someday perhaps!!!
Nice where do you live?

Originally Posted by BoCRon
Looks great, Ah! Congrats. So they are going to switch out the headlamp housing, too? Not the end of the world, then. At least they messed up something that can be easily remedied. And you'll probably find some black wheels you like even better at Tire Rack anyway. I got the black wheels, but I know I'll probably end up getting some from Tire Rack down the road since I like their selection MUCH better.
Annette
Yep they are switching out the whole xenon lights. After me almost leaving and yep I got some black wheels coming next weekend.. And how much do you think I can get for the xenon lights and the wheels/tires?

Old 04-03-2011, 03:42 PM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
Just found out my heating was broken too.. So I called up my MA and he said he'll get that fixed and he called me back and was like wow that part is 2grand your lucky you saw that.. Now I'm in my car pressing every button possible looking for more things wrong lol.. Idk how I missed it on the overview
Your heater didn't work? Oh man...wonder if the same guy put ours together? I'll have to do a very throughout check out.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:18 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Need help from those of you who picked yours up already that have the regular a/c- not the auto air. When you turn the control to have the air come out at both the foot and head area (on the left- at 9:00 if it was a clock) where is the air coming out from on top? I thought it should come out the front vents as well as the foot area. But instead, it seems to come out at the window and the foot area. Would someone be nice enough to check their's and let me know- before I call the dealer yelling.

Thanks!

Old 04-03-2011, 05:17 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
I haven't even ordered mine yet and I already need a support group, hell I haven't even decided lease or buy.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by NavyNUKE
I haven't even ordered mine yet and I already need a support group, hell I haven't even decided lease or buy.
Can you order a vehicle and lease it?

Old 04-03-2011, 05:46 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Why wouldn't you be able to?

Old 04-03-2011, 05:53 PM
unibus_driver
2nd Gear
no air from heater vents

Rotate the **** in the center of the dash vents. Counter-clockwise to open, clockwise to close. Mine arrived with all dash vents closed, and it took a day's worth of thinking to find the solution.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:54 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by unibus_driver
Rotate the **** in the center of the dash vents. Counter-clockwise to open, clockwise to close. Mine arrived with all dash vents closed, and it took a day's worth of thinking to find the solution.
Thanks but the vents are open.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Why wouldn't you be able to?
I thought you had to lease off the lot

Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
I don't think so, it's possible that "lease specials" only apply to cars on the lot but I'm pretty sure any car manufacturer can put custom ordered cars onto leases.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:16 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
You can order exactly what you want and then decide on lease/purchase at pick up.
Annette

Old 04-03-2011, 06:22 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Hmm, good to know! Guess my order will be going in sometime this week!

Old 04-03-2011, 06:24 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by stannen

Yeah, the wait is impossible. Mine is supposed to be setting sail from Oxford today and it has been a roller coaster. I'm going nuts waiting. But you've come to the right place - this group has a bunch of great people, very active on the forums, and really responsive to questions. Hang in there - it will be worth the wait!!

Skip
My JCW took a long time...I think they wait until they have enough JCW's to make it a days worth of assembles on the line or something like that. My MA agreed with that thinking when I brought it up.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:48 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Wow....I can't believe they can't get the heater feature right. I better add this to the checklist when I pick up my car. The dealership I ordered my car from is about 40 minutes drive from my home, not far. But I'll need to go there when there's sun out so I can see any scratches or dents easily. I was thinking of just getting the car back and if I find problems, then I can bring it to the dealership that's about 15 minutes away from me instead, since it is covered by warranty. I don't have too many options on my car...so at least they can't get that wrong.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by burntpeaks
My JCW took a long time...I think they wait until they have enough JCW's to make it a days worth of assembles on the line or something like that. My MA agreed with that thinking when I brought it up.
Yay my MA told me jcw's take double the amount of time of all the other vehicles.. So 10-12 weeks

Old 04-03-2011, 08:16 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Yay my MA told me jcw's take double the amount of time of all the other vehicles.. So 10-12 weeks

So I guess I won't be seeing it mid-May as I was hoping then. This better not mess up my lock on the 0.9% financing either.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:18 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
If they told you they'd lock it in, I'd get it in writing now if you're worried about that.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Here you go Navy

Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 AM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Here you go Navy
2:00AM?! You sleep in that thing too?!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Hahaha, 2am is a pretty normal time, I'm in college, there are nights when I watch the sun rise from the top floor of the student union. I'm assuming achilles is around my age.

Any temperature info in there?? I keep hearing about the MINIs not having a temperature gauge.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Hahaha, 2am is a pretty normal time, I'm in college, there are nights when I watch the sun rise from the top floor of the student union. I'm assuming achilles is around my age.

Any temperature info in there?? I keep hearing about the MINIs not having a temperature gauge.
Yay I was looking for that this morning too. I can't seem to find it... It's mostly tire info and yeah I'm 19 and I work from 1-11pm so I usually go to sleep around sunrise.. As you can probably tell cause I'm only on here during nights and right when I wake up. So 2am is a usual for
Me

Old 04-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
How's the car Achilles???

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group