1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:49 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NavyNUKE
Hahaha, 2am is a pretty normal time, I'm in college, there are nights when I watch the sun rise from the top floor of the student union. I'm assuming achilles is around my age.

Any temperature info in there?? I keep hearing about the MINIs not having a temperature gauge.
Ahhhh....college life is good...except for the studying part...hahahaha.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
MINIs on board the Tristan - Estimated arrival at Port Heuneme on 4/6/11:
1) Grimnebulin - JCW - Chilly ***** - Sacramento
2) Noble1 - MCCS - Name? - San Diego
3) Semiopathy - MCa - Name? - Seattle

Anyone else on board?!?

Old 04-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Mo'Phat
2nd Gear
Hahaha, 2am is a pretty normal time, I'm in college, there are nights when I watch the sun rise from the top floor of the student union. I'm assuming achilles is around my age.

Any temperature info in there?? I keep hearing about the MINIs not having a temperature gauge.
No temp gauge...or oil pressure, if I recall. Just speed and tach. The information is in the computer, though, just no gauge to show it.

...Some people add gauge pods to get the info, others add a Scangauge.

Since I didn't go with the NAV option, I have a Garmin 1490 with a bluetooth EcoRoute HD module that plugs into the OBD II port. There's a screen on the Garmin that is like five gauges showing all sorts of engine information. You can also read and clear codes and do basic diagnostics with it. Oh, and it can also make phone calls...and it's also a portable GPS.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
No temp gauge...or oil pressure, if I recall. Just speed and tach. The information is in the computer, though, just no gauge to show it.

Since I didn't go with the NAV option, I have a Garmin 1490 with a bluetooth EcoRoute HD module that plugs into the OBD II port. There's a screen on the Garmin that is like five gauges showing all sorts of engine information. You can also read and clear codes and do basic diagnostics with it. Oh, and it can also make phone calls...and it's also a portable GPS.
I didn't do the Navi either...what you say above sounds pretty good. I already have a Scanguage but wanted Navi too. With GPS and the other features you mentioned above, it sounds pretty good.

So how do you like the Garmin 1490? Would you buy it again or another model or manufacturer? Other thoughts?

Old 04-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Grimnebulin
How's the car Achilles???
AMAZING... i sat on my porch today starring at it for 2 hours smiling.... i usually wake up around 2pm and today i woke up at 10am just to stare at it lmao... im amazed by it in every way.. i cant wait for my rims

Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 AM
lineaux
2nd Gear

Mo'Phat, what engine information does it display? Since the MINI does not have the basic gauges, I'm thinking this may be another option to adding gauge pods.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Mo'Phat
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Grimnebulin
I didn't do the Navi either...what you say above sounds pretty good. I already have a Scanguage but wanted Navi too. With GPS and the other features you mentioned above, it sounds pretty good.

So how do you like the Garmin 1490? Would you buy it again or another model or manufacturer? Other thoughts?
I like the Garmin Nuvi interface, and have never had a different GPS than a Garvin. It works and is predictable. This is one of the most basic models to offer bluetooth and Ecoroute HD.

I'm not really a fan of integrated GPS, and don't have an IPhone, so Connected was pointless for me.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear

yay im geetting a after market boost gauge and temp. guage.. i want the temp gauge to find out what temp the the pop and burble starts at. and i wish the pop and burble was more constant

Old 04-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Mo'Phat
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lineaux
Mo'Phat, what engine information does it display? Since the MINI does not have the basic gauges, I'm thinking this may be another option to adding gauge pods.
Here's the page from Garmin's website:

http://gbr.garmin.com/ecoroute-hd/ho..._hd_works.html

Here's the section on gauges:

Gauges

ecoRoute HD is able to tap in to the OBDII buss of the car and pick out all the real time data. The amount of gauges will vary depending on the car. For example a high end car may have 15 gauges. A small car may have only 4-6 gauges. You can choose up to four custom gauges.

Feature list
RPM meter
Choice of gauges: Fuel Flow, Intake Air Temperature, etc. Coolant/Temperature-Oil/Pressure data Throttle position, Combustion mixture, Engine component operation and status, Battery and charging system information, Climate control information – Heat and A/C etc.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:41 AM
lineaux
2nd Gear

Gauges

ecoRoute HD is able to tap in to the OBDII buss of the car and pick out all the real time data. The amount of gauges will vary depending on the car. For example a high end car may have 15 gauges. A small car may have only 4-6 gauges. You can choose up to four custom gauges.

Feature list
RPM meter
Choice of gauges: Fuel Flow, Intake Air Temperature, etc. Coolant/Temperature-Oil/Pressure data Throttle position, Combustion mixture, Engine component operation and status, Battery and charging system information, Climate control information – Heat and A/C etc.
Thanks...this is a good option. Definitely something to think about.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
AMAZING... i sat on my porch today starring at it for 2 hours smiling.... i usually wake up around 2pm and today i woke up at 10am just to stare at it lmao... im amazed by it in every way.. i cant wait for my rims

Sounds great - SOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
I like the Garmin Nuvi interface, and have never had a different GPS than a Garvin. It works and is predictable. This is one of the most basic models to offer bluetooth and Ecoroute HD.

I'm not really a fan of integrated GPS, and don't have an IPhone, so Connected was pointless for me.
Thanks for the info above and all the other links..I was thinking of going this route already since I had NAV in my last daily driver and wasn't too happy with it.

Last edited by Grimnebulin; 04-04-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:13 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gauges

Feature list
RPM meter
Damn that looks great, now I'm even questioning if I want connected. I would want Bluetooth/USB though as I do have an iPod and a smart phone. I wasn't even considering nav in the first place because I have my droid phone that does all the nav work for me. I also have a ScanGaugeII which doesn't have as nice of a display as the Garmin, buttttt I guess I'll just stick with Connected+ScanGaugeII+Droid GPS since I have it all already.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:20 AM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Damn that looks great, now I'm even questioning if I want connected. I would want Bluetooth/USB though as I do have an iPod and a smart phone. I wasn't even considering nav in the first place because I have my droid phone that does all the nav work for me. I also have a ScanGaugeII which doesn't have as nice of a display as the Garmin, buttttt I guess I'll just stick with Connected+ScanGaugeII+Droid GPS since I have it all already.
I got the connected without the NAV. Makes the dash look real nice

I too have the 1490 with the EcoRouteHD. If you have an android phone, they even have an app that you can show the gauges on the phone.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:01 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
I just put down a deposit, should have a build number tonight!

Old 04-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear

Old 04-04-2011, 03:01 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Color
A59 Laser Blue Body Color w/ Black Roof Mirrors

Packages

7HN John Cooper Works Package
2P8_2RV 17" Challenge Spoke Black
ZPP Premium Package

Options
205_R56 6-Speed Automatic with Paddle Shifters
302 Alarm System
383 Black Roof/Mirrors
3A2 Black Headlamp Housings
473 Center Arm Rest
4BC Dash/Door Ring in Fluid Silver
522 Xenon Headlamps
6NM MINI Connected
785 White Turn Signals
ZAH Anthracite Headliner

Absolutely can NOT wait!

Last edited by NavyNUKE; 04-04-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:02 PM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Awesome! Now the long wait begins!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:41 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Color
A59 Laser Blue Body Color w/ Black Roof Mirrors

Packages

7HN John Cooper Works Package
2P8_2RV 17" Challenge Spoke Black
ZPP Premium Package

Options
205_R56 6-Speed Automatic with Paddle Shifters
302 Alarm System
383 Black Roof/Mirrors
3A2 Black Headlamp Housings
473 Center Arm Rest
4BC Dash/Door Ring in Fluid Silver
522 Xenon Headlamps
6NM MINI Connected
785 White Turn Signals
ZAH Anthracite Headliner

Absolutely can NOT wait!
Yeah!! LASER BLUE!!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:45 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Anyone know how long the "Virtual Tour of the Oxford Plant" or the "Online Tour of MINI Manufacturing with Production Video" has been down?

This thing:
http://www.miniusa.com/#/build/oxfordTour-m

Old 04-04-2011, 06:31 PM
minipilot515
1st Gear
so, my car has been at the dealership a week and still no word when its going to be ready for me to take home.. So freaking lame knowing its right down the street and i cant have it. They need to install the fog lights and stripes and swap the wheels because they put the wrong ones on when it was born....anyone here know what a reasonable amount of time is from off the truck to delivery??

Old 04-04-2011, 07:14 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
I had mine in 24 hours, but I'm doing my stripes at the Dragon and driving lights(is that what you mean by fog lights?) are going on Wednesday at a local shop since it is saving me about $300 to buy them myself and have them installed elsewhere. Wheels should take them an hours tops .

Annette

Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minipilot515
so, my car has been at the dealership a week and still no word when its going to be ready for me to take home.. So freaking lame knowing its right down the street and i cant have it. They need to install the fog lights and stripes and swap the wheels because they put the wrong ones on when it was born....anyone here know what a reasonable amount of time is from off the truck to delivery??
It shouldn't take more than 1 day those things. I would call your MA and ask what's taking so long.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Flyer53
5th Gear
mini...you need to take a ride to the dealership and get some answers and not excuses. If the lights are not in, take it and bring it back when there ready. Prep, Stripes and wheel exchange a day, maybe 2 if there really busy!
Really...ask to talk to a manager, to reason at all. Good luck !

Old 04-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Flyer53
mini...you need to take a ride to the dealership and get some answers and not excuses. If the lights are not in, take it and bring it back when there ready. Prep, Stripes and wheel exchange a day, maybe 2 if there really busy!
Really...ask to talk to a manager, to reason at all. Good luck !
go there and take things into your own hands like he said

Last edited by Achilles honor; 04-04-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group