1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 01:04 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We ordered our Mini ol said it was to be produced by oct 8th. On the 7th told me it was on its way to port of exit. Havent seen the vin pop up on WWshipping site. Called our MA she wasnt much help said her stuff shows it still sitting at the port but she wasnt very helpful or confident. Would it just sit the at the port for a week?? or could it be on KLINE??

Old 10-16-2010, 03:09 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Just a note on Lil Guys and Alex's progress, it has come back on GPS and is sailing towards the POE. Just passing Halifx Nova Scotia. What a week not, really knowing just where it is/was. It's due into POE of New York at 07:00 Monday and into POE Baltimore the next day. Hey, it's getting there. Talked with my Motor Advisor, getting ready for the pick up, about renting a car here in Iowa and driving to Chicago to pick up and finalize Lil Guy. And yes, the $1000 & 3.9% will be available for Lil Guy. Guess that pays for the Red leather & Black cloth extra interior. Makes me feel a little better.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:03 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
What is the 1000 dollars you all keep talking about???

Old 10-16-2010, 05:20 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
This is from Mini/BMW, not the dealer. This is also, above and beyond any deal that you have arranged with your dealer. What it is, is: $1000 AND 3.9% interest rate. This is good for the month of October, but as car sales aren't really earth shattering, will probably be advanced into November, or something else, too. I don't know about November, just October as mine will probably be delivered in October.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:30 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
how did you hear about it?? Did you bring it up when you went to pick up your mini?? any thoughts on my mini, looks like it was built around the same time as yours. Do you think it is actually sitting at the port?

Old 10-16-2010, 07:21 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
I heard about here, on this forum. wahoo_shoe got it when she picked up her Clubby, and the woman in Milwaukee, who basically introduced me to my Motor advisor that I am using mentioned it. I can't find it on the Mini site, but my advisor just told me about it this week. No, I haven't picked up Lil Guy yet, he's within site of Halifax Nova Scotia as we speak. He's do at Baltimore POE on Tuesday. I should get him the last week of October, then Happy Days.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:34 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hemisedan
This is from Mini/BMW, not the dealer. This is also, above and beyond any deal that you have arranged with your dealer. What it is, is: $1000 AND 3.9% interest rate. This is good for the month of October, but as car sales aren't really earth shattering, will probably be advanced into November, or something else, too. I don't know about November, just October as mine will probably be delivered in October.
Hemisedan,

That's awesome. So, you just mention the MINI/BMW $1,000 incentive to your MA and you got it right away? My mcs will arrive in Nov and I hope that the deal still goes on next month too. Is there any source for this $1k incentive?

Old 10-16-2010, 08:56 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
I've looked for it, but have not been able to see this in print. As for next month, I would think that they would have some sort of incentive program in place. Like I said, there aren't any cars that are just flying off the lots.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:03 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
It will be interesting, assuming the discount is BMW derived and verifiable, if the dealers will claim it's what they already included in their negotiated price. The devil is in the details. I'd love to find documentation that clarifies not only the existence of the promotion, but that it is above and beyond dealer pricing.

Of course I'm thinking mine will arrive in early November, when the deal will suddenly be an antenna ball. Ha

Old 10-16-2010, 09:10 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
That's not the case. wahoo_shoe had her deal with the Costco program and she received the $1000 plus the 3.9% deal. I asked my motor adviser as I had the same thoughts as you did, or that it was a regional deal. No, she told me outright that it was a Mini/BMW deal to get the sales of 2011's off to a start. As stated, maybe it will or maybe it won't be available for November deliveries. My guess is that it will. Of course, they want to sell out all the 2010's, so that's what they are mentioning on the MiniUSA site. $3500 off on a 2010 is tempting, unless you are like me and like the 2011 features. I, myself have in writing money off, plus the Xenon and adaptives as a dealer paid for option. So, that $1000 will be added to those monies off.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
It will be interesting, assuming the discount is BMW derived and verifiable, if the dealers will claim it's what they already included in their negotiated price. The devil is in the details. I'd love to find documentation that clarifies not only the existence of the promotion, but that it is above and beyond dealer pricing.

Of course I'm thinking mine will arrive in early November, when the deal will suddenly be an antenna ball. Ha
my mcs will come early nov as well. yea, dealer may claim this is in our negotiated price but didn't we order our mcs in Sept. so, there's no way that they can know about the extra $1k from BMW/MINI in Oct (or Nov if it is still there). if the deal is still on in Nov, i will definitely tell my MA about it. it doesn't hurt to ask...

hemi, congrats on getting a better deal! getting the extra $1k off is like early xmas present

Old 10-16-2010, 09:39 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
That's not the case. wahoo_shoe had her deal with the Costco program and she received the $1000 plus the 3.9% deal. I asked my motor adviser as I had the same thoughts as you did, or that it was a regional deal. No, she told me outright that it was a Mini/BMW deal to get the sales of 2011's off to a start. As stated, maybe it will or maybe it won't be available for November deliveries. My guess is that it will. Of course, they want to sell out all the 2010's, so that's what they are mentioning on the MiniUSA site. $3500 off on a 2010 is tempting, unless you are like me and like the 2011 features. I, myself have in writing money off, plus the Xenon and adaptives as a dealer paid for option. So, that $1000 will be added to those monies off.
it is at least $4k off msrp for 2010 here in socal. but i like the changes in 2011 too much to go with the 2010. the extra 9 hp and torque range in the 2011 sealed this deal for me. i have my deal in email correspondence with my MA and hope that this extra $1000 off still goes on for Nov.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:14 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
I cross fingers for us all!

Old 10-18-2010, 07:23 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
One more day til Baltimore POE. Right now the Fedora, my ship, is docked at New York POE unloading those that are to be unloaded at New York. It arrived three hours early, at 04:00 and should be on its way soon, to Baltimore. Sorry for you West Coast Mini guys/gals, us in the Midwest and East have to get a break every once in awhile.

So, one more day on our Cruise Ship, the Fedora, then Baltimore POE. I looked at the map and that is quite a trip, considering the going around Deleware and Maryland and up the Chesepeake Bay to Baltimore, of course then the truck ride to Schaumburg.........then Iowa

Old 10-18-2010, 09:08 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Excellent! You'll be behind the wheel in no time, Hemi

Old 10-18-2010, 11:53 AM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
We are pretty sure our car got lost on the way to port, which is strange since it was on a train. It was produced by oct 8th. They said it was at the port shortly there after, 0ct 9th and it is still a no show on a boat. We live in SC so i was assumming charleston. Our MA said, on saturday it is still at port, from what i see on here it seems like a long wait. Is there anyway she is just lazy or doesnt know and it is on its way?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:10 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Tracking

Originally Posted by WoffordMini
We are pretty sure our car got lost on the way to port, which is strange since it was on a train. It was produced by oct 8th. They said it was at the port shortly there after, 0ct 9th and it is still a no show on a boat. We live in SC so i was assumming charleston. Our MA said, on saturday it is still at port, from what i see on here it seems like a long wait. Is there anyway she is just lazy or doesnt know and it is on its way?
WoffordMini: if you have your VIN number, use the last digits and search here: www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi

That is how I found my Lil Guy when I couldn't find him either. I was thinking that there was another cargo ship leaving on 10/14 called the International ll, or something like that, but that's all I know of. Waiting is tough, no doubt about it.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:06 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
I tried your link and it takes me to the site but says error service unavailable.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:40 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
That was the same thing that I got. Maybe someone else can help you in this matter, that is what I had to do, ask for help. Of course, if you car isn't scheduled for a ship, that could be a problem, but someone can help. Many times your Motor Adviser isn't privvy to these options, that was my case too. I had information before she did.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:44 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
Thank You

Old 10-18-2010, 03:55 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
WoffordMini

Go here and look for "track & trace" "all users"

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/

Enter your VIN where it says "cargo id." If it won't accept your VIN, then that means your car has not been loaded onto a ship yet.

I believe this site won't work for Safari

Old 10-18-2010, 03:57 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
WoffordMini

What is your port of entry in North America?

Old 10-18-2010, 03:59 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
yea it doesnt show up there. It may be that is just waiting on a ship. I was just hoping it may be on a kline or just not showing up. i think two or three boats have left coming to charleston since it arrived at port and another leaves the 20th maybe if its not already on a boat it will make that one

Old 10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
WoffordMini

What is your port of entry in North America?

I am assuming charleston. I am in Spartanburg SC not to far from BMW plant

Old 10-18-2010, 05:05 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by WoffordMini
I am assuming charleston. I am in Spartanburg SC not to far from BMW plant
I thought everything was moved to Baltimore.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2009/12/...ing-in-the-us/

You have to look at your paperwork to be sure.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group