1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Mo'Phat
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting the sequence, Darthen.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:55 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
Thanks for posting the sequence, Darthen.
No problem....

Old 04-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chrisfowler99
Yup. That's the one I'm watching.

Baltimore on the 17th. Brunswick, GA on the 20th, which is where mine gets off.
Hmmm...I forgot to ask which VDC mine gets dropped off at.

I did apologize to my MA for thinking the mistake was on his side. He probably thinks I am a difficult customer. haha

Old 04-16-2011, 09:17 AM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mojodiva
Hmmm...I forgot to ask which VDC mine gets dropped off at.

I did apologize to my MA for thinking the mistake was on his side. He probably thinks I am a difficult customer. haha
If you have a copy of the submitted order (my MA attached mine in an email to me) you will be able to see the "Port Loc." That's the port it's coming into. There's a sticky in the top of the 1st Gear section about how to track your car. It lists the port codes for most of the ports. Mine is SSIPOA, which is Brunswick, GA.

I'm also in TX, so I'm thinking yours might be the same.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Fatebender
2nd Gear
What if anything does it mean to go from a finished date of /04/21/11 back to "in production?"

Old 04-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
If you have a copy of the submitted order (my MA attached mine in an email to me) you will be able to see the "Port Loc." That's the port it's coming into. There's a sticky in the top of the 1st Gear section about how to track your car. It lists the port codes for most of the ports. Mine is SSIPOA, which is Brunswick, GA.

I'm also in TX, so I'm thinking yours might be the same.
I'm with MINI in San Antonio-- think my guy is new because I was never sent some of the things others have mentioned. Its so close to arrival at either port now, I think I'll get off his back. I'll be seeing him in a few days with my husband to set up our financial stuff.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Got my '11 MINI JCW on Tuesday night...car ran out of gas (or so I thought) on Friday morning at 545am on way to work. Got brother to come with premium gas in can and filled up car with a few gallons of gas. Car barely started, went into limp mode and check engine light came on. Got it back home (only about 1/2 mile) and got ride to work. Called up MINI Roadside assistance and got car towed via flatbed to dealer. Dealer couldn't fix it Friday, even though it got there at 11am, but they got repaired today around 2. Have Chilly ***** back now. Car seems to run better now.

Diagnosis: defective/dead fuel pump. Service advisor said he'd seen this several times and that this is known problem to MINI - I guess they had a bad run of fuel pumps and were supposed to replace them. So if your car seems a bit sluggish, as mine did before the failure, and if your check engine light/limp mode occurs, have dealer check your fuel pump.

Time to fix/service was fine, but the communication was not so good as it was very hard to get in touch with someone at the dealer and all I could do was leave voicemails all day long. The receptionist got really tired of hearing from me. Finally heard back about 4pm Friday...that was the tough part. Otherwise, guys were very nice and service was free.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:08 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
The CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY has updated on marinetraffic.com. Heading into Baltimore tomorrow.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
The CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY has updated on marinetraffic.com. Heading into Baltimore tomorrow.
HAHA! Beat me to it! I just ran in to say that, too! WOOHOO! Their last report was just an hour and 24 minutes ago, too. Looking good for us!

Old 04-16-2011, 10:23 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
HAHA! Beat me to it! I just ran in to say that, too! WOOHOO! Their last report was just an hour and 24 minutes ago, too. Looking good for us!
Cool....look like you'll be getting your Minis soon!

Old 04-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by darthhen
Cool....look like you'll be getting your Minis soon!
And to make it even better, my husband just called and he is safely in the United States. He should be home in 72 hours! The kids still do not know. He's hoping to come in before the kids are out of school so that we can go pick them up and give them a huge surprise.

I'm guessing turn around for the port delivery, VDC work and delivery to my dealer in Texas could be about three weeks? Gosh, I'd love it to be less. hahaha

Old 04-17-2011, 07:27 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
And to make it even better, my husband just called and he is safely in the United States. He should be home in 72 hours! The kids still do not know. He's hoping to come in before the kids are out of school so that we can go pick them up and give them a huge surprise.

I'm guessing turn around for the port delivery, VDC work and delivery to my dealer in Texas could be about three weeks? Gosh, I'd love it to be less. hahaha
How exciting for you and the kids. Can't wait to hear how they react!

When I was waiting for Mozart, there were a few people from Texas whose MINIs were on the same boat as mine. 2 of them got their car in about a week, one actually got his before mine. Hopefully your dealership doesn't use a slacker trucking company like mine does(the only complaint I had of my entire purchasing experience was the stupid trucking company).

What an exciting few weeks for you! Enjoy every second .

Annette

Old 04-17-2011, 07:52 AM
darthhen
4th Gear

THREE WEEKS?!

This is from Baltimore to Texas?!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:19 AM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by darthhen
THREE WEEKS?!

This is from Baltimore to Texas?!
Mine's getting off in Brunswick, GA on Wednesday the 20th and heading for MINI of Austin.

My MA said it's typically 1-2 weeks from that point. Once it's off the ship he should be able to give me a better idea of how long based on the trucking schedule.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
How exciting for you and the kids. Can't wait to hear how they react!

When I was waiting for Mozart, there were a few people from Texas whose MINIs were on the same boat as mine. 2 of them got their car in about a week, one actually got his before mine. Hopefully your dealership doesn't use a slacker trucking company like mine does(the only complaint I had of my entire purchasing experience was the stupid trucking company).

What an exciting few weeks for you! Enjoy every second .

Annette
Mozart *looks* like a Mozart. Wonderful name!

Oh gosh, that would mean I'd get the car right after hubby returned to finish his time in Japan. Aaahh.. bittersweet. But boy,oh boy, I wouldn't have to share Big Red!

Old 04-17-2011, 09:33 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Three weeks from POE? Granted mine only went to Chicago, but I had Lil Guy one week from him arriving at POE Baltimore. And, I could have picked him up three days before, if I lived in Chicago. Sounds strange and long. But, in the end, it's worth the wait.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:10 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Mine's getting off in Brunswick, GA on Wednesday the 20th and heading for MINI of Austin.

My MA said it's typically 1-2 weeks from that point. Once it's off the ship he should be able to give me a better idea of how long based on the trucking schedule.
My MA also told me that once my Mini is at the VDC, he'll have the schedule of when it'll be ready for pickup. From other people on this forum, 5 days seems to be the norm, once it is at the VDC. So best case for me is Friday, April 29. My MA told me that he can give me the incentive and options if I get the car by April 30. But from Mini's site on April incentives, it ends on May 2, not April 30.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:12 PM
simpyr0
Neutral
Well it looks like the California Highway made it across the pond. Just off the coast of Virginia now...

Couple more days and my JCW will be here... woo hoo.

Last edited by simpyr0; 04-17-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:06 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Looks like the CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY is late getting into port in Baltimore...

Old 04-17-2011, 06:26 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Looks like CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY is very late getting to Baltimore...

On the other side of the pond... PORGY pulls into Bremerhaven tomorrow!

Old 04-17-2011, 07:28 PM
TXKev
1st Gear
For you Central Texas People. I just took delivery of mine on Friday from Mini Of Austin. It actually came in last Monday, but the wife's schedule kept me from it. From the time it got to the VDC until it was in Austin was just over a week.

By the way, I love mine. It is so fun to drive. Only got to put about 75 miles on it this weekend. But should get to get it out more this week.

Kev

Old 04-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
Thanks for the heads up of a possible earlier delivery! This means its very possible my husband gets to hand me the keys himself! He doesn't have to head back to Japan until the 26th.
Fingers crossed!

TXKev-- is there a central Texas MINI group?

Old 04-18-2011, 03:35 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Thanks for the heads up of a possible earlier delivery! This means its very possible my husband gets to hand me the keys himself! He doesn't have to head back to Japan until the 26th.
Fingers crossed!

Diva I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:43 AM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TXKev
For you Central Texas People. I just took delivery of mine on Friday from Mini Of Austin. It actually came in last Monday, but the wife's schedule kept me from it. From the time it got to the VDC until it was in Austin was just over a week.

By the way, I love mine. It is so fun to drive. Only got to put about 75 miles on it this weekend. But should get to get it out more this week.

Kev
I like to hear that. Means that it's possible I'm driving my new MINI by the end of next week.

And CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY is in port in Baltimore. Definitely behind schedule. Hope that doesn't impact the Brunswick date too badly.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:33 AM
TXKev
1st Gear
Fingers crossed!

There are not any groups that I know of, but I am a newbe just like you. So I can't say for sure.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group