1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 05:28 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea looks like your right. I saw on here where a few cars with same completion date as me are on the boat that left the 10th. Then the indepence 2 left the 12th or 14th. I just wonder why i dont show up on those or at least booked for the boats leaving the 19th or 20th.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
the 1-866 number said today my car is in route but it still doesnt show up on the WW site

Old 10-19-2010, 12:42 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I would be inclined to believe the 866 number. Don't be afraid to call them a couple of times a day, as I did. They can give you accurate information up until it is actually on board. If they say that it is on board, then it is. Maybe it's further along than you think it is. Lil Guy, that's my JCW is about one hour out of POE Baltimore.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:11 PM
squonk
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another newbie

Greetings everyone! I ordered my first MINI on 10/9/10 and I'm going bonkers while I wait and wait and wait. After reading this thread, I see that I'm not alone...

Turbo Pup (the working name for now) is a Clubman S, Eclipse Grey w/body color roof and mirrors, with cold weather package, preferred package, sport package w/Infinite Stream wheels, the Rooster Red seats and color line, black headlights, anthracite headliner, piano black, chrome line interior, armrest and BT/iPOD.

As of my last check with ASKMINI, no production date is set yet. When I ordered the dealer said that they were giving me one of their production slots so I'm hoping the build starts this week so that if everything going quickly that I can pick it up on Thanksgiving weekend.

How often is too much to call ASKMINI?

Old 10-19-2010, 01:22 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Calling ASK MINI

Originally Posted by squonk
Greetings everyone! I ordered my first MINI on 10/9/10 and I'm going bonkers while I wait and wait and wait. After reading this thread, I see that I'm not alone...

Turbo Pup (the working name for now) is a Clubman S, Eclipse Grey w/body color roof and mirrors, with cold weather package, preferred package, sport package w/Infinite Stream wheels, the Rooster Red seats and color line, black headlights, anthracite headliner, piano black, chrome line interior, armrest and BT/iPOD.

As of my last check with ASKMINI, no production date is set yet. When I ordered the dealer said that they were giving me one of their production slots so I'm hoping the build starts this week so that if everything going quickly that I can pick it up on Thanksgiving weekend.

How often is too much to call ASKMINI?
You can call as many times as you want, but if you are getting the same answer everytime, maybe it's time to just back off and call the next day.

I was calling, when I was in your stage, about 4 times a day. Hey, we all are a little crazy in this. And, it doesn't make any difference if you are 20 or 70, we all get wrapped up in the Mini Craze. This ordering your own special Mini is part of the fun, and following it from Oxford to the Port of Exit, then out of the port to the Atlantic, but the worst is the 7 days that you have no idea where it is until it gets to the Nova Scotia area. Then you can follow it, just about all the rest of the way to Baltimore. Mine is now about an hour out of Baltimore, and I'm still going crazy following it. Get out my way, you little yacht.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:57 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
Just found out its on the Michigan Highway. It left 0n the 16th and is scheduled to arrive on the 25th. Talked to MA about 1000 incentive she said yes but right now just for October. Hopefully our mini will fly up here or at least they will extend it to november. How long does it usually take from arrival to your dealer??

Old 10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice work! Oh you folks are sooooo much closer!
My boss was looking at sat photos of port hueneme here in CA just out of curiosity. Zoom in in google earth and you can see scores of plastic wrapped MINIs, among others. Ha

Old 10-19-2010, 06:45 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by WoffordMini
Just found out its on the Michigan Highway. It left 0n the 16th and is scheduled to arrive on the 25th. Talked to MA about 1000 incentive she said yes but right now just for October. Hopefully our mini will fly up here or at least they will extend it to november. How long does it usually take from arrival to your dealer??
Good to hear that. It looks like it is headed to Brunswick, GA

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=432633000

Interesting callsign too--7JCW

Old 10-19-2010, 07:48 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
An auspicious ship call sign indeed!

Old 10-19-2010, 08:04 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Thirdraildesignlab

What are your thoughts about getting heated seats? It seems like it is always cold here in the San Francisco peninsula even in the summer. Lynn was up here visting me for Memorial Day weekend last year. She had to wear her down jacket.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:31 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
That's a tough one. I have no basis for announcing because I've never had them. However in my experience sears warm up pretty quickly with body heat. That said, our supposedly chilly climate is nothing compared to back east, northern Europe, canada etc. I can see this option being more vital there.

I drove a karmann ghia with vinyl seats in the city, parked on the street, and even in the rain with leaky doors, it was never an issue.

But if she wants it, why not!

There is an aftermarket add, but it's a doozy:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...8-mcs-r56.html

Old 10-20-2010, 05:56 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Heated seats here in Iowa, in the winter are almost a must......

On another point, my Lil Guy is at port, being unloaded as we speak. I am trying to find where they take them after being unloaded from the ship. In New York, that was easy, here in Baltimore, it seems like they less organized and everything, well most, is a mess. See lots of trucks, bigger cars, but only a few Mini's scattered around. Nothing organized. Are Mini's wrapped in white for shipping? Lots of white wrapped cars I can see. Do see areas of color, but like I said, only a smattering of what I perceive as Mini's. Who has knowledge on this?

Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 AM
capt fred
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by WoffordMini
My car is also on the Michigan Highway. Maybe they know each other. I reserved a Balcony cabin for mine.
Ordered mine from Flow Mini in Raleigh on Sept 24th.
I guess I'm looking at around Nov 7th to 10th.
I didn't know about the $1000 incentive as I have not been able to get on this forum in over a week. Whats up with the incentive?

Old 10-20-2010, 07:16 AM
capt fred
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
This is from Mini/BMW, not the dealer. This is also, above and beyond any deal that you have arranged with your dealer. What it is, is: $1000 AND 3.9% interest rate. This is good for the month of October, but as car sales aren't really earth shattering, will probably be advanced into November, or something else, too. I don't know about November, just October as mine will probably be delivered in October.
If I ordered in Sept, and delivered in Nov, do I lose out?

Old 10-20-2010, 07:37 AM
AngryBrit
1st Gear
Mine is 1/2 way across the pond an the Independence II. ETA in Baltimore is the 25th; that gives them 6 days to get it the ~52 miles to the dealership if I'm going to be in before the end of Oct for the $1000.....

Old 10-20-2010, 07:44 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Here's the thing about incentives, which are designed to bring people to the lots for in-stock selection: you'll drive yourself crazy if you stress about the deal running out. Since the car delivery is out of our control, all we can do is be optimistic that whatever incentive does occur in November will be either the same one or another good one. I'm right there with you. But all it does is add anxiety to the sitting on your hands aspect of waiting for shipment, you know?

Old 10-20-2010, 11:21 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Trackijg

listed twice.

Last edited by hemisedan; 10-20-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: double listing
Old 10-20-2010, 11:22 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Tracking

Originally Posted by AngryBrit
Mine is 1/2 way across the pond an the Independence II. ETA in Baltimore is the 25th; that gives them 6 days to get it the ~52 miles to the dealership if I'm going to be in before the end of Oct for the $1000.....

AB: Hey, at least you are able to track yours across the pond, me with Lil Guy on the Fedora, it was one week not knowing where it was, except in the North Atlantic. Now, it's sitting on the Fedora waiting to be unloaded, hopefully. Just love these GPS sites that show the same picture of a cargo vessel for 10 hours, and nothing moves. Oh, but they say that it was just recorded 45 seconds ago. Actually, I think that we will make another stop before unloading the Mini's as looking at the dock parking area, there doesn't seem to be many, if any Mini's there.

As for the $1000 deal, I should make it, but even if it goes into November, I would think that it would carry over, just my thinking. Do you think that cars are just flying off their lots right now? And, the holiday season is coming, very quickly, and cars tend to sit on lots during that period. My guess is that they will try all they can to move cars in this next month, as December is a bust.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:52 AM
capt fred
2nd Gear
When I go to Mini USA, I see nothing about $1000 incentive. Just a 199 lease deal or a low interest loan. Are these incentives for certain areas only? emailed my MA, and he said he knew nothing about it.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 AM
GtownMINI
1st Gear
Go to your dealer website....Flow MINI lists some incentives,but not sure the nearest dealer to you...I just randomly picked one in NC.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
I didnt ask i told my MA i knew there was a 1000 incentive and she said there was. I dont think she would have volunteered had i not brought it up.

Last edited by WoffordMini; 10-20-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:21 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
by the way im in Spartanburg SC so if it were regional I assume we are in the same region

Old 10-20-2010, 01:42 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
October incentive

Originally Posted by capt fred
When I go to Mini USA, I see nothing about $1000 incentive. Just a 199 lease deal or a low interest loan. Are these incentives for certain areas only? emailed my MA, and he said he knew nothing about it.
Of course you won't find it there, and that's because they, really want to sell the remaining 2010 models. And, this is an incentive with the DELIVERIES of the 2011's. Tha't to get the 2011's out of the dealerships, not necessarily for us that ordered 2011's as much as it is for dealer stock. That's the way it was explained to me.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:52 PM
WoffordMini
1st Gear
So you think it will be extended to Nov??

Old 10-20-2010, 02:04 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
I think that there's a distinct possibility of it, but it's like my Lil Guy getting unloaded right now, who knows? MiniUSA's history is to keep incentives on, as in those from last Spring thru the Summer months. They definately want to unload the 2010's as soon as possible, but if I remember correctly, last year the dealers had 2009's there for up into the 2010 year. Of course, there was less incentive for them to do anything last year, on account of the lack of hardly, any differences between the model years, but still, last year's models new on the lot in the Winter, doesn't look good to the public.

Getting the 2011's off the lots is simple too: Moving inventory and not having a car wait for someone to procratinate and maybe cancel his order. Hey, it happens.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group