1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 04:53 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you find out if you were on the Porgy too??

Old 04-30-2011, 04:57 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Originally Posted by darthhen
Cool, please post before and after pics!! Thanks!

I haven't bought anything for my Mini yet, except for the Zippee shade. It's hot in San Jose/Hayward today...so I'm going to put it on later.

I willlll, in about 2 weeks

Old 04-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Fatebender
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, on the Porgy. I was entering WWW instead of WMW, mild dyslexia. Setting up candles and sacrificing pictures of competitive manufacturers to build up good Karma for the free option extention.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:25 PM
JVW-JCW
1st Gear
I placed my JCW order with my MA on 4-5-11 and it STILL does not have a production date! My MA has not been helpful-- he just keeps saying he has no new info. 1-866-ASK-MINI has not been helpful either. I was told by others on this forum that JCWs are only produced at certain times. I notice NavyNUKE ordered his JCW on the same day and his on a boat! Any thoughts???

Old 04-30-2011, 07:31 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JVW-JCW
I placed my JCW order with my MA on 4-5-11 and it STILL does not have a production date! My MA has not been helpful-- he just keeps saying he has no new info. 1-866-ASK-MINI has not been helpful either. I was told by others on this forum that JCWs are only produced at certain times. I notice NavyNUKE ordered his JCW on the same day and his on a boat! Any thoughts???
1 thought from me... mines not a JCW it's an S Other than that I'm not sure, I do know they only make JCWs every so often but I'm not sure when the last batch went through.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:39 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
I ordered mine on March12, but wanted an April allocation slot to get the cheaper price for the JCW aerokit. They gave me one of the April allocation slots so I had a production# before I even left the dealership. And that one was supposed to go into production April 1, but mine didnt' go into production till April 8. And my MA had no info for me that extra week I waited. I think its all determined by the factory, so they dont' really know when the factory decides to start the JCW production run for the month or however they do it. It might be they wait till they get so many orders line up cause I do notice that other JCWs were in production at different times of the month than mine. So its not by a certain date in the month for sure.
But it stinks cause if mine did go into productino on April1, then I would have gotten in this week, and got the free package promotion still. Now I'll miss getting the premium package free by 1 week or less.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:05 PM
LittleL
1st Gear
I ordered my JCW on April 6 and still OL says on order, AskMINI did't help me either. However my MA is very helpful and I emailed her on Thursday and she said on her end it had moved to production scheduled and was moving along slow, but was moving along. She didn't give a date though. I suppose we'll be in production together. If I get anymore info from my MA I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:04 PM
tennisfan16
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LittleL
I ordered my JCW on April 6 and still OL says on order, AskMINI did't help me either. However my MA is very helpful and I emailed her on Thursday and she said on her end it had moved to production scheduled and was moving along slow, but was moving along. She didn't give a date though. I suppose we'll be in production together. If I get anymore info from my MA I'll keep you posted.
Same situation for me, I am waiting for my JCW to go into production. It sucks waiting the extra time but it will be worth it in the end

Old 04-30-2011, 10:28 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RubiconX
Mine said the same thing 2 days before it got to the port where it was being offloaded, they must do that ahead of time. Though I haven't seen my car yet so I can't even really verify it exists
I think you're right. My ship just popped back up on marinetraffic.com. And its actually due to hit the port in 45min!
Now I'm thinking I won't get it till after next weekend, cause I figure it'll take a day at least to get to the VDC..so Monday already. And then it might sit there a day or so. And then ~4days travel time to the dealer. And the dealer has to do prep and install and align my JCW suspension also, so that might push it into the following Mon or Tuesday.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:10 PM
lineaux
2nd Gear
Thanks for all the kind words for Stella. It has been more than two days and I still can't help but admire her. Getting to know her better.

I guess it will take a little while...until I make my first payment Oh well, I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:38 PM
lithium77
1st Gear
Weeeeee:

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-min2.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-mini1.jpg  
Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 PM
JVW-JCW
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tennisfan16
Same situation for me, I am waiting for my JCW to go into production. It sucks waiting the extra time but it will be worth it in the end
Okay, I feed a little better because at least it makes sense. I will let you guys know if I find out anything, and please do the same for me. So it looks like our JCWs will be siblings!

Old 05-01-2011, 06:56 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
I'm waiting on a Countryman I ordered yesterday. I inadvertently walked into a promo event on Friday and got a coupon for $1000 off a Countryman with June delivery. Unfortunately, when I ordered on Saturday, they were out of June delivery spots. My MA and the manager have assured me that they'll be able to find a slot for June delivery, but no guarantees.

So I'm not only itching for my car, but the early delivery not only means a car in my driveway but $1000 back in my pocket!

Old 05-01-2011, 08:20 PM
lineaux
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lithium77
Weeeeee:
Congrats!...very nice and an excellent choice (obviously a biased comment ) ...without the stripes and probably some of the random stuff, our babies would have be twins

btw, nice backdrop too!

Old 05-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Matty33
2nd Gear
Weeeeee:

Very nice, congrats

Great pics!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:26 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Weeeeee:
Cool ride man!! I was wondering where you were. Finally, us 4 has our Mini's!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Heidijo
1st Gear
Your new Minis look so beautiful! I'm so jealous!

I was told by the ASK-MINI rep that mine was put on a ship on Tuesday 4/26. I can't find it on WW's site when I enter my VIN though. I guess I must be on K-Line? Anyone else in a similar situation?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:26 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
If that's true, I'd guess you're on the Toledo, which gets to Port H___ on May 18 according to the WW site, weird that your VIN doesn't work, stupid question but are you sure you have it right? Fatebender mistook the M for a W in his =P

Old 05-02-2011, 04:42 PM
JVW-JCW
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LittleL
My MA found out the production date is May 8, so imagine yours is the same since we both ordered JCWs on April 6.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:50 PM
LittleL
1st Gear
My MA found out the production date is May 8, so imagine yours is the same since we both ordered JCWs on April 6.
Thanks for the info and that is great news to hear!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Heidijo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by NavyNUKE
If that's true, I'd guess you're on the Toledo, which gets to Port H___ on May 18 according to the WW site, weird that your VIN doesn't work, stupid question but are you sure you have it right? Fatebender mistook the M for a W in his =P
So, I called my MA and he says that it's still in the paint shop! Set to be done tomorrow. I guess the ASK-MINI people gave me the wrong information! I called them again today and they said that it was still in the paint shop too. Saw the record that the last person told me it was on a ship, but couldn't tell me why. Whatever! I GUESS I'll survive. TIME! You're moving too slowly.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:10 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
I'm guessing my car is at the VDC now since the WW tracking site shows it did the Discharged, and then Delivered From, and then Liner Release statuses this morning.

So probably one more week of waiting for me!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:48 PM
sumint
3rd Gear
On the Toledo

found a pic of the boat I'm on to Port Hueneme

no tracking info on www.sailwx.info

Old 05-02-2011, 05:50 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
RoRo!!