1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 10:45 PM
sumint
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toledo is at the Panama Canal and then on to Port Hueneme...scheduled to dock on May 18th

Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scheduled for pickup on either Friday or Saturday....leaning towards Saturday (Friday the 13th!! ) but my MA isn't going to be happy...has anyone taken delivery on a Saturday? He says they're too busy to take delivery at a time other than early in the morning...

Old 05-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Derk
3rd Gear
INTEGRITY docked in Baltimore last night. Waiting for the car to be released to VDC now. I hope to have keys in hand no later than next Monday!

Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Derk
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by NavyNUKE
He says they're too busy to take delivery at a time other than early in the morning...
More time for motoring on Saturday then!

Old 05-09-2011, 06:20 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
I just have to deal with getting my mom (co-signer) here and taking my Navy Physical Readiness Test that same morning *headache* all with getting there in time to make my MA happy....

1) I thought it was dumb that me, full-time salary, lots of savings, credit score of 720 needed a co-signer because I haven't had any credit accounts for more than 3 years
2) I also think it's dumb that they are making my mom take the four hour trip here just to sign some papers and "meet them" to make sure we aren't committing fraud....which is why it couldn't be done through a legal notary... Dear BMW, , Nick

Old 05-09-2011, 07:31 AM
nykwan
4th Gear
I just have to deal with getting my mom (co-signer) here and taking my Navy Physical Readiness Test that same morning *headache* all with getting there in time to make my MA happy....

1) I thought it was dumb that me, full-time salary, lots of savings, credit score of 720 needed a co-signer because I haven't had any credit accounts for more than 3 years
2) I also think it's dumb that they are making my mom take the four hour trip here just to sign some papers and "meet them" to make sure we aren't committing fraud....which is why it couldn't be done through a legal notary... Dear BMW, , Nick
That is kinda strange. You would think a notarized signature would be fine since the purpose of a notary is to verify and witness the signature.
But funny too, my credit score got trashed by my divorce but I still qualified for 0.9% and didn't need a cosigner.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:39 AM
nykwan
4th Gear
Scheduled for pickup on either Friday or Saturday....leaning towards Saturday (Friday the 13th!! ) but my MA isn't going to be happy...has anyone taken delivery on a Saturday? He says they're too busy to take delivery at a time other than early in the morning...
Wow... you might get your car before me though I think mine was ahead of yours. I think my car shoulda arrived at the dealer Sat since it was due Thurs but wasn't even there yet on Fri. But I don't know for sure since my MA is off today. And then they still have to install the JCW suspension.
But i know they haven't done that yet, cause my MA was supposed to have the service tech call me first before install cause I want them to so that free extra camber trick in front with the slotted holes. Wonder if I can get them to do custom alignment settings too.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:04 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Originally Posted by nykwan
That is kinda strange. You would think a notarized signature would be fine since the purpose of a notary is to verify and witness the signature.
But funny too, my credit score got trashed by my divorce but I still qualified for 0.9% and didn't need a cosigner.

Exactly!!! Oh welll, got my mom and stepdad driving up Saturday morning, stupid financingg

Old 05-09-2011, 08:19 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Hey all, just checking in to see how you guys are doing. I hope all is well and that those who are still waiting aren't going nuts yet. Best of luck with your MINIs. Just motor!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:24 AM
alrauer
2nd Gear
On Friday afternoon, my CM was simultaneously at the following stages:
"en route"- Owner's Lounge
"at the port, awaiting a shipping vessel"- ASK-MINI automated
"in final stage of production/ inspection (at the factory)- ASK MINI rep
"somewhere in the US" per MA
On Saturday, May 7 the OL updated to "at the VDC", with a delivery date of Sunday, May 8. ASK-MINI still says today "at the port, awaiting a shipping vessel". I don't even want to talk to a person, because I'm afraid I may snap when she tells me its "on order".
I'm being very polite when I say that the tracking is USELESS. And my MA is way too laid back. I need him to understand the stress of waiting on my new car!! LOL He also said they couldn't apply me for financing until the car was on the lot. They said it should be around "3.9- 4.something- no worries". Me no likey "around 4." I went ahead and got the 2.49% loan thru Pen Fed- they've been very helpful. Hopefully the check will get here when/ before my CM gets here. Which could be any month now...

Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Heidijo
1st Gear
Well I'm finally on a boat. For reals this time. Aboard the Don Juan. I'm just gonna miss the May incentives. I was hoping it would make it in time for my birthday on the first! Mini Fail! Just glad it finally shipped after ASK-MINI told me it shipped 2 weeks ago. Anyone else on the Don Juan?

Old 05-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
I ordered my JCW on April 26th. For the first week they had computer problems and could not order it. It was finally ordered Monday may 2nd. Last night I called Mini and was told it was listed for production, but with no set date. Now today I get a call from the dealer saying my mini is put on hold. It turns out the mini connect system uses chips that are made in Japan and due to the tsunami are scarce. They said if I remove that option my mini will be built by the end of may. If not it is now looking like the end of June and maybe even a 2012 model.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Heidijo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 2008 Cooper S
I ordered my JCW on April 26th. For the first week they had computer problems and could not order it. It was finally ordered Monday may 2nd. Last night I called Mini and was told it was listed for production, but with no set date. Now today I get a call from the dealer saying my mini is put on hold. It turns out the mini connect system uses chips that are made in Japan and due to the tsunami are scarce. They said if I remove that option my mini will be built by the end of may. If not it is now looking like the end of June and maybe even a 2012 model.
That sucks!! What do you think you'll do? Tough decision!

Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Eclipse11S
3rd Gear
My production started today. Woo Hoo!!!

Old 05-09-2011, 12:05 PM
sumint
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 2008 Cooper S
When your mind is ready for a new MINI, even a week or two of delay seems like forever right? But just for the sake of playing worst case scenario...if you were to wait and take a 2012: a) it may have one or two more model year upgrades/colors; b) a 2012 vs a 2011 could end up netting you a better resale (as it "should" be the last/best/most reliable of all R56's); c) maybe the JCW engine will get a nice performance bump in 2012, similar to the MCS 2011 vs 2010.

Of course that's assuming you have something to drive till a 2012 gets to you.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:01 PM
loot du jour
Neutral
Originally Posted by alrauer
On Friday afternoon, my CM was simultaneously at the following stages:
"en route"- Owner's Lounge
"at the port, awaiting a shipping vessel"- ASK-MINI automated
"in final stage of production/ inspection (at the factory)- ASK MINI rep
"somewhere in the US" per MA
On Saturday, May 7 the OL updated to "at the VDC", with a delivery date of Sunday, May 8. ASK-MINI still says today "at the port, awaiting a shipping vessel". I don't even want to talk to a person, because I'm afraid I may snap when she tells me its "on order".
I'm being very polite when I say that the tracking is USELESS. And my MA is way too laid back. I need him to understand the stress of waiting on my new car!! LOL He also said they couldn't apply me for financing until the car was on the lot. They said it should be around "3.9- 4.something- no worries". Me no likey "around 4." I went ahead and got the 2.49% loan thru Pen Fed- they've been very helpful. Hopefully the check will get here when/ before my CM gets here. Which could be any month now...
I feel ya! My countryman has been "on order" since 2/23 and I still have not received it-and won't until the END OF MAY. We even went in to discuss the situation with the dealer and possibly just buy one off the lot since now they have a bunch to choose from. Anyway, the dealer jackass had absolutely no reason for the delay even though he told us all along that it would take 9 weeks at the longest. Everyday my husband has to tell me to chill but I WANT MY CAR!!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 PM
JVW-JCW
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Eclipse11S
My production started today. Woo Hoo!!!
My production started May 6, with a estimated completion date of May 16. My MA told me that's the day it will be going to the body shop????? That does not seem right to me looking at everyone's dates in their signatures. It seems to me that it's taking about 10 days from start to finish, does that sound right? Can anyone give me some insight on the steps and about how long each one takes? Mine took over 4 weeks to go into production. I was told it's because it's a JCW and they are only produced at certain times. Thanks!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:14 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Remember they don't work on weekends, so it's actually 8 days, and that sounds about right to me.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:26 PM
ronfultz
Neutral
My countryman is on the same boat.Its being delivered to the San Fran store. The tracking system is the pits. I have not seen a track update since it left the first port. Port hu website says the Martorell is due to to anchor on May 18th. Guess it will be ready in about a week but that is just a quess. I have has no luck with the dealer either. Think I might let it go and wait till 2012 model.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:11 PM
danglow1
1st Gear
Sadie is here!

I got the phonecall today! Sadie is here. I will be picking her up on Thur. Sadie was ordered March 14 so arrived 8 weeks from the day she was ordered. Attached are a couple pictures my MA took and sent to me.

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-mymini.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-m00330-20002-1-2-.jpg  
Old 05-09-2011, 04:39 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by danglow1
I got the phonecall today! Sadie is here. I will be picking her up on Thur. Sadie was ordered March 14 so arrived 8 weeks from the day she was ordered. Attached are a couple pictures my MA took and sent to me.
Nice boot!

Old 05-09-2011, 05:39 PM
eno
3rd Gear
Shes here!!! Arrived at the dealership earlier today and they have already completed the pdi. I pick her up tomorrow after they tint her windows !!!

Old 05-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
I got another phone call from the dealer. It turns out no minis produced in the month of June will have the mini connect with nav or an automatic transmission. The last one don't affect me, but maybe others.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Eclipse11S
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JVW-JCW
My production started May 6, with a estimated completion date of May 16. My MA told me that's the day it will be going to the body shop????? That does not seem right to me looking at everyone's dates in their signatures. It seems to me that it's taking about 10 days from start to finish, does that sound right? Can anyone give me some insight on the steps and about how long each one takes? Mine took over 4 weeks to go into production. I was told it's because it's a JCW and they are only produced at certain times. Thanks!
I've been reading alot about delivery times and it seems like everyones vary differently.
I know when I asked my MA, he told me JCW's do take longer but it's good news you started production.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by danglow1
Congratulations! Very nice looking

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group