1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:11 AM
tennisfan16
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008 Cooper S
I got another phone call from the dealer. It turns out no minis produced in the month of June will have the mini connect with nav or an automatic transmission. The last one don't affect me, but maybe others.
I have not heard anything about this, why would they not make any cars in June with mini connect w/nav? It keeps looking more and more like my car will not be produced this month, now your saying if it is made next month I won't get that option?

Old 05-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tennisfan16
I have not heard anything about this, why would they not make any cars in June with mini connect w/nav? It keeps looking more and more like my car will not be produced this month, now your saying if it is made next month I won't get that option?
I read on another thread that the Mini Connect uses a part that is back ordered from Japan so they aren't available right now.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Lainford Express
1st Gear
Plus, the incentives are based on what is sitting on lots. So the MINI Connect incentive isn't to entice people ordering a car. They must have had a lot of MINI Connect with Nav cars sitting around and are helping the dealers move them.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Sammer
I read on another thread that the Mini Connect uses a part that is back ordered from Japan so they aren't available right now.

That was me in the other thread too. My dealer got the news yesterday. When I called they told me if my car gets into production before June I might have a chance.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:27 AM
LittleL
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JVW-JCW
My production started May 6, with a estimated completion date of May 16. My MA told me that's the day it will be going to the body shop????? That does not seem right to me looking at everyone's dates in their signatures. It seems to me that it's taking about 10 days from start to finish, does that sound right? Can anyone give me some insight on the steps and about how long each one takes? Mine took over 4 weeks to go into production. I was told it's because it's a JCW and they are only produced at certain times. Thanks!
I called AskMINI today and they told me I was in the body shop. The automated says my estimated completion is tomorrow. Not so sure about that though.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Derk
3rd Gear
MA just notified me that my car is on their lot.

I'm at work so I'm holding the squealing in... but just barely.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:05 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Derk
MA just notified me that my car is on their lot.

I'm at work so I'm holding the squealing in... but just barely.
Funny, I just heard mine just arrived this morning too. It was supposed to be in at the end of last week, so I think the truck driver must have been driving like a granny to save gas due to the prices or something.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:06 PM
eno
3rd Gear
Took delivery of my week 14 MCCS today. Pictures @ https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...4-post212.html

Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Derk
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by eno
Took delivery of my week 14 MCCS today. Pictures @ https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...4-post212.html
Beautiful, eno. Now that's my kinda Mini

Old 05-10-2011, 07:15 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lainford Express
Plus, the incentives are based on what is sitting on lots. So the MINI Connect incentive isn't to entice people ordering a car. They must have had a lot of MINI Connect with Nav cars sitting around and are helping the dealers move them.
Agree that the incentives are for cars on the lot, but because of the pattern of incentives over the past month, I know it also entices people to configure a custom order most likely to capture an incentive the next month. Personally, I thought when they dropped Automatic Transmission and added MINI Connected with Nav, that might be part of a trend (next month, continue MINI Connected offer to build interest).

I can attest that there is not a ton of MINI Connected out there, at least in the MC. When I was hunting for one that could catch March/April incentives, I had my MA search the country for an unclaimed MC with Premium Package (to catch that month's top incentive) and MINI Connected with Nav. He came up empty. One dealer in Wisconsin found one, but with other options I wasn't interested in, so I passed. May be more common in Countryman's and MCS/MCCS where the base price is higher. (Sales manager noted that a $2000 option on a $20K base car was unusual).

On the other hand, the purpose of this month's MINI Connected offer might be to flush the lots of them to minimize demand due to the pending shortage?? If you can't play with one, you might be less inclined to order one.

But they had to know by Mid-April that this shortage was coming.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:21 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Japanese parts shortage

I asked my MA about this. He said the memo they got was no orders for MINI Connected, and no Auto Transmissions on Countryman's only.

My good news was my MINI completed the birth process and was released to shipping today.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:23 PM
tennisfan16
1st Gear
Originally Posted by hoyme
I asked my MA about this. He said the memo they got was no orders for MINI Connected, and no Auto Transmissions on Countryman's only.

My good news was my MINI completed the birth process and was released to shipping today.
So if I understand you, mini sent out a memo saying no minis regardless of model with mini connect, and no automatic on just the Countryman?

Old 05-10-2011, 07:50 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
So if I understand you, mini sent out a memo saying no minis regardless of model with mini connect, and no automatic on just the Countryman?
That is what I understand my MA to be saying. I assume this is "new orders" -- I assume they know how many more they can get and know at what point the can't assure a new order can be provided with these options.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
That is what I understand my MA to be saying. I assume this is "new orders" -- I assume they know how many more they can get and know at what point the can't assure a new order can be provided with these options.

Well, I hope you are right. My JCW had a down payment on April 26th. They had a problem with the site that lets you order so the actual order was not placed until May 2nd. They called me on May 9th and told me that my car was put on hold because of the Mini Connect. They said my car had a June build date and no car in June could have mini connect. They then removed it and told me the car would be produced in the 2nd week of may. I informed them that I did not want the car unless it had Mini Connect. I do not want a car that does not have the options I want. In the back of my mind I will always regret it. I regret not getting the Nav in my 2008 MCS. They then added it back on and my build date for some reason moved to May 30th. They are hoping that it will be built with the mini connect now. I told them it better, or I will not accept it.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Lotus_S2
1st Gear
Took delivery of my JCW this afternoon. I have posted to the "incentives" thread concerning the way the deal was structured. (Incentives were honored and there were no surprises.)

The car is very handsome and I am already having considerable trouble keeping my boot out of the boost!

My thanks to all the posters who provided support and information over the past 3 months.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:13 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Lotus_S2
Took delivery of my JCW this afternoon. I have posted to the "incentives" thread concerning the way the deal was structured. (Incentives were honored and there were no surprises.)

The car is very handsome and I am already having considerable trouble keeping my boot out of the boost!

My thanks to all the posters who provided support and information over the past 3 months.
Pictures please....

Old 05-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Neil_J
1st Gear
(this is my first post )

Ordered a 2011 Chili Red Hardtop S on May 9. I've been wanting a Mini since they came out, but put it off for many years. My current car (2005 Ford Focus ZX3) has been reliable up until now, but now has 120,000 miles on it and my friends are tired of hearing me say that the Focus is "too big" and a "gas guzzler", so time for a smaller car with better gas mileage.

It was near impossible to find a used or pre-owned that had exactly the options I wanted (and more importantly, none of the options that I didn't want). I purposely didn't go crazy with the options... Less stuff to break IMO. I actually drove my Focus through 3' deep water during a Florida hurricane and the only thing that broke was the A/C compressor fuse. If I had tried that with a Toyota Prius it wouldn't have turned out so well If you've ever seen the beach assault episode of Top Gear with the Ford Fiesta, yea it was like that...

Options:
- 851 Chili red body color
- 383 Black roof/mirrors
- 329 Black bonnet stripes
- 522 Xenon headlamps
- 3A2 Black headlamp housings
- 785 White turn signals

Mini motoring accessories:
- 4 R90 17" black wheels & caps

To be installed after purchasing:
- Black driving lamps
- Scangauge II
- JL Audio XD 700/5 class D amp, 12W1v2 in the back (if room), component speakers up front

Old 05-11-2011, 07:01 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
How long to show up on the WW shipping site?

So, what has been typical experience in how long it takes for your VIN to show up on the WW shipping site? My car was 'released to the shipper" yesterday - I know it can take a day or so to get down to Southampton. My port is Baltimore, with the tracking sticky thread says is the WW shipper with the good web site info.

Tried my VIN in their web site, and get "No Record Found" -- curious what is the typical experience from final build day to showing up on that site?

Reason is, the next ship that leaves Southampton with a stop in Baltimore is this Saturday - expected into Baltimore on May 23. That might make it just possible for it to arrive at my dealer before the end of May so I can get this month's incentives. The next ship is a week later, so I am anxious to see which ship I am assigned to...

TIA

Last edited by hoyme; 05-11-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Derk
3rd Gear
Took delivery tonight. Really easy experience. They honored the 0.9% financing from last month and gave me the package deal. This is quite the upgrade from an '03 Hyundai Elantra.

A few candid pictures for now... I'll get 'er out for a photo session sometime soon.

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-effid.jpg
"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group-blprl.jpg

Old 05-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Sammer
2nd Gear
So, what has been typical experience in how long it takes for your VIN to show up on the WW shipping site? My car was 'released to the shipper" yesterday - I know it can take a day or so to get down to Southampton. My port is Baltimore, with the tracking sticky thread says is the WW shipper with the good web site info.

Tried my VIN in their web site, and get "No Record Found" -- curious what is the typical experience from final build day to showing up on that site?

Reason is, the next ship that leaves Southampton with a stop in Baltimore is this Saturday - expected into Baltimore on May 23. That might make it just possible for it to arrive at my dealer before the end of May so I can get this month's incentives. The next ship is a week later, so I am anxious to see which ship I am assigned to...

TIA
You should get on that ship. My VIN didn't show up until the day the ship was scheduled to leave. If it's already been released it should be there in time to get loaded.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Sammer
2nd Gear
Took delivery tonight. Really easy experience. They honored the 0.9% financing from last month and gave me the package deal. This is quite the upgrade from an '03 Hyundai Elantra.

A few candid pictures for now... I'll get 'er out for a photo session sometime soon.

Congratulations! Beautiful car

Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 PM
tennisfan16
1st Gear

Awesome looking car and congrats. One question though, why is the grill chrome, it should be black as part of the JCW body kit?

Old 05-11-2011, 08:16 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Awesome looking car and congrats. One question though, why is the grill chrome, it should be black as part of the JCW body kit?
Apparently MCS with the body kits have been showing up with chrome grilles... mine did too

I pick it up Saturday!

Old 05-12-2011, 04:15 AM
Derk
3rd Gear
Thanks a bunch! My dealer says the grille surrounds are supposed to be chrome. Apparently it's a JCW package vs. actual JCW thing? I don't know. I was going to push for a change to black (which is what they show in the configurator!) but they had multiple examples of it being chrome (including one right next to mine in the show room). Also, when they announced the JCW package, Mini released some press photos showing a chrome grille surround. I can't argue with all of that, it turns out.

I'll probably just order the black elsewhere.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:38 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
I would still use the configurator as argument, it shows it quite detailed (not just an image)

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group